Join our team of top tier developers who are passionate about making high quality games. We value fair play, good communication, and smokin' talent.
Our team works remotely from all over the world. Working from home and setting your own hours offers a ton of flexibility, but it also requires that our team members to be disciplined self-starters.
Visual Effects Artist
Make awesome visual effects for us!
Visual effects can push fighting game visuals to the next level, and they are also important in conveying information to the player about various moves work. In our game, these effects include fire, water, electricity, rocks shatter, ghosts, hit sparks, and a lot more. Some should use particle systems, others animated sprites, and others a mix of 3D models with other techniques. Your bag of tricks should be deep.
- Highly experienced in generating visual effects. You have expert knowledge of techniques for building beautiful effects that look great and communicate information to the player. Specifically, you can create hand-drawn sprite sheet animations on 3d geometry.
- Able to hit a style. You can create effects in a comic book / anime style that fits our aesthetic.
- A strong communicator. You can explain your ideas and requirements easily in writing through online chat. You work hard to resolve conflicts and build relationships in the team.
- Design and implement lots of visual effects. Make eye-popping visual effects that look great and enhance gameplay.
- Take initiative to point out things that should have visual effects, but don't yet.
- Collaborate with other artists to ensure a harmonious overall aesthetic across all game assets.
- Knowledgeable about:
- Unity game engine
- the fighting game genre
Please include a cover letter and a link to your portfolio showing relevant vfx work.