1.7 Known Bugs

Discussion in 'Kongai virtual card game' started by MinusDriver, Jun 5, 2008.

1. MinusDriver

MinusDriver New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple of helpful things I noticed already.

Jade Statue, ability changed. Now raises your maximum hp by 10.

As you can see the description is not correct and the HP did not increase.
  2. thegersh

thegersh New Member

Ambrosia's Vamp Kiss doesn't steal the full health amount.
    I had a match where it did 20 damage and stole 18, and did 25 damage and stole 22.

Ring of Curses resets the counter to 10 turns on another successful hit.

Necromonic tomes doesn't work on physical attacks (re: jiaflu) and card art is wrong.
  3. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

Jade Figurine only works if you lead off with a character equipping it. Otherwise, when switching off of bench, you get +10 max health, but not +10 current.

Once you switch a Jade Figurine character off, they lose that +10 max health. And Figurine goes back to not working.

Ancestral Spirit still +2, +3, +4 def in that order instead of +2-4 def assigned across the three types of defenses.
  4. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

Quickening Power is really wierd. It seems to roll twice per turn. When you choose distances some of your moves will show up in green. When it's time to choose an attack, different moves might show up in green. It also seems to roll for each attack individually.

Necro tomes don't proc for dark attacks either. 0-16 with voidstreams, 0-4 with bloodburns.
  5. MaddAddams

MaddAddams New Member

Just want to point out that it has been acting this way for awhile. I assumed it was intentional to prevent mirror match stalemates.

I was checking this out in a match and it appeared that it might be working like this: every move individually is rolled before you choose your attack. While choosing you attack, your opponent sees the results of these rolls on their 'Enemy's Attacks' tab, but you are blind when you choose your attack. After the attack, when next changing range, you see in green which moves had been buffed last round. My data set is still quite small an anecdotal, but should this be true, it gives the opponent a significant heads up when evaluating which attack to choose. It was Helene v. Popo at the time, and in that particular match-up, it's a big deal.
  6. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

Also, even if the opponent has 1 health left, ambro will drain for whatever the standard amount is - something like 20 dmg/18 drain, even though the opponent had only 1 health left to steal from.
  7. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

8. MaddAddams

MaddAddams New Member

It seems to me like the Tiger Claws are doing 18 damage when they proc... 6 on hit and then a debuff of 6 per turn for 2 turns.

So on a non-Zina attack, that's averaging 9 extra damage a hit. On Zina's Tiger Frenzy, average of 27 extra damage a hit, spread out amongst the whole team. A little much?

Tiger Claws are the new Bleeding Ritual.
  9. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

Death Mask is odd. You can knock off Impending Death with either Oni's Sword Flurry or Zina's Tiger Pounce and they will live to see yet another day!
  10. MaddAddams

MaddAddams New Member

MLM v. MLM both full health. Both Life Drain. One player is left with 45, one player is left with 60. Basically all damage needs to resolve before healing resolves so that the outcome doesn't favor who joined the game over who hosted it.
  11. MinusDriver

MinusDriver New Member

[​IMG]

Here is a new bug found this morning.... Ambrosia got hit by poison (she immune poison) see the tick in log of her taking damage from it.
  12. x1372

x1372 Active Member

on that note, does ambrosia's innate stop poison that already exists? Situation I had earlier

Vanessa Voss hit with deadly poison
    Vanessa Voss kills ambrosia, while wearing gem of souls
    Poison from deadly poison continues to hit Vanessa Voss.
  13. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

CC is unaffected by Blood Burn dmg.
    All I get is "Cornelius Constantine was not affected by Cornelius Constantine's spell."

The whole spell is negated, including the DoT part.
  14. Xanthus

Xanthus New Member

I think I had it the other way around; I tried casting it on Ambrosia, and not only did the burn not work, the debuff didn't happen either. (Hope I saw it correctly.)
  15. MaddAddams

MaddAddams New Member

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but Ambrosia's burn resistance means that her defenses and damage cannot be lowered by Cornelius' Blood Burn. Have not had a chance to try it with MLM, as his Blood Burn doesn't do damage.
  16. Bloortianarmy

Bloortianarmy New Member

Another bug found: Tafari with elusive feather seems to have as corrispondent button a "heals +3 per turn" instead of the normal "25% chance to avoid phisical attacks".
    Obviously He doesn't gain any life points.... :rolleyes:

Below the screenshot

Attached Files:

• bug.JPG
      bug.JPG
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views:
  17. FinalSlayer

FinalSlayer Banned

This one is just really weird;

[​IMG]

Ashi and Rumiko both pass (range turn) TWO TIMES IN A ROW, and the second time, Ashi loses 10 energy, and Rumiko loses 15 energy.

[​IMG]

Necro Tomes procs, but only half works here; VVoss doesn't get her +10HP back.
  18. garcia1000

garcia1000 World Champion Staff Member

Jade figurine is still bugged as of this writing. I look forward to fixed jade figurine!
  19. Xanthus

Xanthus New Member

Leafy trap description: For the next 5 turns, next enemy using physical [...]. It is a speed 1 attack, so will practically always be last, still the counter goes to 4, so it has effectively 4 chances to be triggered, not 5. No big deal, but the description is slightly misleading. Kind of the same thing with oni ancestral spirit and curse. Curse says it will lower defense for 5 turns, while there are actually 4 turns in which you could possibly hit the opponent that is cursed. There are probably other buffs which are worded the same.

I realize the problem is that DoT abilties have application damage, so they have to last one turn shorter than the description says, but these descriptions are kind of counter-intuitive to me now. Anyone disagree?
  20. MaddAddams

MaddAddams New Member

Rain of Arrows is speed 3, right? If someone's playing Tafari with a quickening powder, they could potentially Leafy Trap Andro that way. Granted, it's a fairly implausible scenario, but it exists.
  21. garcia1000

[​IMG]

This was a ranked match
  22. Sirlin

Sirlin Steward of the Realm Staff Member

Hmm, won a card by losing a match. My gf says "I guess that deserves the wat treatment."
  23. Nicol Bolas

Nicol Bolas New Member

Blood burn

bug.JPG

Why doesn´t blood burn weaken her attacks?

Also i vote for keeping the damage part of bloodburn. It balances cornelius in many matches.
  24. x1372

x1372 Active Member

"knocks off a buff" moves need an exception for the death mask. I had my zina tiger pounce a tafari with a death mask, activating it. Then the "buff removed" removed that death mark, saving him. that ended up being the differencemaker in a match.
  25. MaddAddams

MaddAddams New Member

Just wanted to toss another instance of the double range change bug on the stack. Happened to me earlier today:
    [​IMG]
    Just want to point out a few things: I had chosen Boomerang Chakkra, Taf chose Poison Dart. The attacks 'happened', as the buffs/debuffs and health totals show what the situation would have been, had the game worked properly, but they were not animated for me, I simply saw a 'Pass' 'Pass' range change situation. Following that, my buttons were all locked up, until a few minutes later I got the 'Disconnected - You Lose' screen. I talked with my opponent and he said everything animated correctly for him, and then after that attack, he received the waiting for opponent pop-up and eventually declared victory. He did not experience any behavior that seemed broken.
  26. garcia1000

General's Insignia
  27. x1372

x1372 Active Member

[​IMG]

I believe we are justified with a "wat" here.
  28. Purechance

Purechance Member

two weird bugs

Image1 = 1st bug - Ubuntu had the death mask, he was lashed and died. The death mask did not activate.

Image 2 = 2nd bug - The second had no impact, but the wording was off.

Attached Files:

29. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

If you're talking about the "Chi Blast fails to cast" part, it's talking about the proc.
  30. Purechance

Purechance Member

ok, maybe a bug.

MLM vs yoshi.

MLM at 10 health at close range.

MLM switches.

Yoshi hits with Rising Dragon.

MLM gets his +20 innate ability back BEFORE being hit by the rising dragon.

That just seems wrong.

The innate should go off after leaving combat if still alive, right?
  31. Purechance

Purechance Member

another one.

ashi vs andro
    last two cards
    at far range
    ashi hit with cripple
    ashi and andro select pass
    ashi selects rest
    andro glitches - does not select anything
    it goes to the next round
    it basically reads:
    "Ashi rested +20"
    "Andro rested +10"

how did +10 come into play?
  32. FinalSlayer

FinalSlayer Banned

Absolutely nothing wrong there. Switches are always considered the "fastest" move in the game, and MLM is supposed to get his 20 extra HP in that case.

At any rate, that's actually BETTER than him getting hit by Rising Dragon first, as in your example. If he did, his HP would be reduced to 0, but then he would gain 20 HP back and still be alive. At least in your example he is taken down to like 5 HP or something.
  33. garcia1000

34. Nicol Bolas

Nicol Bolas New Member

Sharpening stone

I wanted to try new idea of a deck, that included sharpening stone on Helene.
    I was getting much less criticalls then I would expect, so I decided to keep a record. I ended up with having only 1/24 attempts on criticals.
    Therefore I claim that sharpening stones doesn´t do anything on Helene.

I also noticed many criticals by my opponents, but that may have been luck, and not inverze eefect of sharpening stone.

This is now also proven by jiaflu, who should be posting here any moment

The chance definitely isn´t 30% + 3%,

but 130% *3% (and this increse is so small, there is no way to prove it on a decent level of reliability with less than 1000tries)
  35. esiex3

esiex3 Active Member

I only got 1 crit from a character that wasn't Popo. Point nulled.
  36. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

Okay, I went and tested Sharpening Stone after seeing Nicol's comment. Either Sharpening Stone doesn't work at all, or it's a multiplicative factor (base crit x 1.3 rather rather than base crit + 30%). I went with Bleeding Slices, and I went 0/19 on crits after tossing out 3 misses. So again, either it doesn't work, or it's 3.9% crit, rather than 33% crit. As for Nicol's other complaint about raising opponent crit rate, other than the comp CC that pb'd me, the comp hasn't rolled a crit yet.
  37. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Well-Known Member

I did the same thing, stone on helene, sword slashed over and over in practice. 31 attacks, 5 misses, 1 crit (there were a few shadow curse type attacks in there contributing to the high misses) I think I got hit by one crit the whole time.
  38. Gerk

Gerk New Member

Randomness:

BUG: If you are preparing a Ninja-port and the other player attempts to intercept, when they return from the "dash" they will already be at far range. (Whether this also applies for Teleport or if the roles are reversed, I do not know.)
    ERRATA (or possible BUG): Hypnotic Stare's description states it will cause the opponent to attack themselves, but it is also capable of applying beneficial effects to the enemy, e.g. Healing Touch or (a completely pointless version of) Enchanted Blade.
    BUG: If using Shadow Wrath/Radiance Burst/Tiger Frenzy and the opponent switches out, damage is not displayed over the card that is being switched in.
    er...LOGIC?: Shadow Wrath/Radiance Burst/Tiger Frenzy does not hit fleeing opponents.
  39. ChadMiller

If Amaya switches in, nothing is disabled the first turn. Don't know if this is intended or not.
  40. redenmity

redenmity New Member

If i hypnotize you before you use your action, you'll do as your told with whatever action you're going to take. That includes buffing me instead of you or attacking yourself or your friends instead of me or my friends. What gets me is that Hypnotic Stare used on Radiant Burst only reflects the move as if Vanessa Voss cast it on herself, however, last time i checked, it still hits Cornelius' benched allies, which is a load of bull crap. A hypnotized Radiant Burst should execute as if Cornelius was casting it and therefore should hit Vanessa Voss and her decked characters.

Similar for Eye of the Tiger. If Cornelius Hypnotic Stares Zina's Eye of the Tiger, it should hit a random opponent. Currently, last time i observed it anyway, Hypnotic Stare will reflect only if the random target is Cornelius and only back onto Zina. If the random target is anyone other than Cornelius, it will still hit a guy on Cornelius' deck, which is more crap.

On a side note, i think the damage from Radiance Burst should not individualize on deck. If my innate vs. Cornelius makes my RB deal 16 dmg, it should deal 16 to all guys on deck. I fail to see how a grenade's explosion can choose whether one guy gets hit with more shrapnel than another. And yeah, i imagine its a big fat burst explosion with Vanessa at its center, just as its animation and attack name suggests. And no, light damage does not deal, nor should not deal more damage to a guy simply because he has more dark defense. It doesnt work that way with any other light based attack, why should it work that way with this one? It's Vanessa's innate that increases the damage, not something inherent to the attack. Also, i figure her innate only works against the one guy she's in battle with, otherwise, why am i not getting +1 damage to my attacks based on the total amount of dark defense on your entire team? It'd be a very overpowered innate if that were the case. In any event, the way the move calculates damage is kinda flakey and doesnt make much sense to me.

As for Chi Reflect, if im good enough to reflect it off of me, what on earth makes you think im not good enough to reflect it off of you? Up close anyway. At far, i could figure it'd be long odds on me reflecting anything at far with it and to make it fair, i figure yeah, it shouldn't do it up close either. But at speed 10, yeah, i could see Yoshiro being fast enough to pull it off either way. Or at a minimum, reflecting it away from you enough that you dont get it at either range even if Yoshiro doesnt. In any event, it makes sense to me that he could move his Chi where ever he wanted to, seeing as how he's mastered the ability to use it on himself as a shield or fire it in a huge damaging beam.

Even so, i dont figure Chi Reflect should steal buffs, but Hypnotic Stare should steal anything you're stupid enough to give to Cornelius.
  41. ChadMiller

The Chi Reflect thing: garcia and I were talking about this in chat the other day, the question is what does the game define as an "attack." Stuff like making Chi Reflect not work on buffs might be more intuitive on a case-by-case basis, but when you start evaluating things one at a time rather than as parts of an entire rule set, you end up with so many corner cases it actually makes the game less comprehensible for intermediate players. Kind of like how in Magic Goblin Digging Team destroys Sunweb or Will-o-the-Wisp can equip Shuko; as little sense as these things make, the alternatives are worse.
  42. Nicol Bolas

Nicol Bolas New Member

ubuntu

Another thing I noticed, is ubuntu criting with tiger claws.
    I had 5/9 crits with him. And my opponents seem to crit quite often (around half the time) too. There were no bonuses active, but in some tries, it was after the crit bonus faded out.

Has anyone else noticed this?
  43. ChadMiller

Oh, red's post reminded me of something else: Voss's innate applies to intercepts. Don't know if that's on purpose either.

Two potential solutions to the "Should Chi Reflect steal Enchant Blade?" question that doesn't involve crazy amounts of corner cases:

-The four moves the characters have are "abilities". An "attack" is an "ability" that has a damage value. Make the reflect abilities only reflect attacks. Potential problem: Touch of Doom not being an attack is probably undesirable; this could be fixed by making it a 1dmg attack with a 100% hit rate, which is kind of ugly, but works.

-Drop the word "attack" from the game's vocabulary completely; all characters have four "abilities," each with a target value. The target values using the current cards would have to be: Self, Opponent, All Allies, All Enemies, Random Enemy. Hypnotic Stare could then be worded "[OPTIONAL: If hits first,] until end of turn any ability that would target Cornelius targets self instead." This would also make it very clear which abilities are and are not stopped by it. This also means that, say, Necro Tomes can say "Abilities that target opponent have a 30% chance of triggering 10 point life drain" which closes the Radiance Burst loophole very cleanly. I personally like this solution best.

Another unrelated note, Spectral Choke's hits fleeing is a debuff, one which I'm told can be stopped by Sacred Candle, but Rising Dragon and Rain of Arrows do not get the same treatment. Also, apparently some interrupts are also debuffs. Maybe "debuff" needs to be more clearly outlined in the rules as well.
  44. PeteyC

PeteyC New Member

Another one for the death mask bug list - Juju's innate appears to sometimes prevent him from dying the round after his death mask triggers.
  45. jiaflu

jiaflu Member

Death Mask hasn't been very consistent. As far as I've noticed, it shows up as a buff most of the time, but a debuff on Juju.
  46. MaddAddams

MaddAddams New Member

I feel this is based on what I've said in chat, so I'd like to elaborate a little. I don't feel the word 'debuff' needs clearer outlines. If you play with the sacred candle, look at your own item buff and mouse-over for a second - it will say "50% chance to avoid negative affects" which is a larger category than 'debuffs'. Match the Candle's card text with the in-game buff text and this becomes a non-issue.

Regarding Spectral Choke: this is specifically what I've observed. If I leave me candled character in, I have occasionally received the message 'Spectral Choke - Immune', but still taken damage. I have received damage without the message when switching out. I have not switched out, and received the immune message while not taking damage. Basically, my sample size is really really small in this regard (only one switch out versus a Spectral Choke when I had a candle) so I wouldn't go making conclusions about its behavior until there's more data.
  47. ChadMiller

"Negative effects" is super vague and even more problematic. Is normal damage from attacks a "negative effect"? What about an intercept?
  48. esiex3

esiex3 Active Member

I think i found something: Sacred candle seems to be able to stop interrupts.
  49. Purechance

Purechance Member

it can also stop stuns
  50. Purechance

Purechance Member

ubuntu vs zina
    zina equiped with deadly poison
    zina casts mistress command
    ubuntu hits zina with spirit assit
    ubuntu get poison debuff and takes damage.

?????