Alteil online card game

Discussion in 'Now Playing' started by Fry, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Fry

Fry Well-Known Member

promo cards were all gone by the time I came back from my weekend trip, 0/10

I have pretty much decided I'm not playing this game any more, go ahead and punt all my accounts from the guild so people who actually play can be in it!

2. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

Got 2 Gowen EX5 packs. Now I just need to actually collect the damn MERCS to go around them >.>...that said, Kurina+EX Yuni+salamander=70 ATTACK SALAMANDER GOGOGOGO! It was pretty damn funny actually, even though I eventually lost that match (was vs. Fargone's completed merc nation deck...and I actually got through the MERCS...it was the damn Athira Shin at the end that did me in >_<)

3. icewolf34

icewolf34 Well-Known Member

So one problem that I am running into with my Falkow deck is that I don't actually run many good creatures. Usually I can get into a good middle phase where I am dominating the board, but a Gowen deck can just whittle me down with Ball of Flame and stuff until I can't revive any more of my dudes. Return is great board advantage, but I have to remember that it doesn't help with attrition wars. I also hate doing Iczer Attack, but I definitely need to do it more.

4. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

"Brag": stomped Garcia's Falkow deck.

His SSs:

+2 SP
    2 LP 30 row damage target (inquisition raid leader)
    2 LP swap buncle (swaps your first and third rows)
    Rasam (engages two critters for two turns or until dead whichever first)
    Some 3 LP one.

Biggest threat is a single copy of Bog Wyvern.

5. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

garcia, maybe run Rasam second to help establish your board. Witch and Undine/Sylph are dying early, so it's not hard to activate.

Brag: 1715 RP in Folrart, and had an 8-win streak at one point.

6. garcia1000

garcia1000 World Champion Staff Member

I switched my SS around because man, Falkow is all offense and no HP!

Rasam is now third, and 1/2/4 are all damage SS.

1715 RP is a pretty cool guy!

Edit: I am 2/2 against primclone decks now

7. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

1/3/4 when Rasam is 3rd? Ehhh?

8. icewolf34

Yeah, Falkow seems like you stall a little bit in early game with Undine/Witch antics, then you get out heavy-hitting fencer/songsorc combo, with maybe Magic Scythe or Lancer or whatever. Then you achieve a 3-4 turn window of board dominance until you can't revive your dudes anymore.

Then, hopefully you have already reduced them to really low LP and you can finish up, or else you have to play Bog Guy and pray that it doesn't get Arrow'd.

I have some pretty sweet SS's now, but I am thinking I might need to switch back to endurance-style SS just so I don't run out of steam so fast.

9. banewlf

banewlf Well-Known Member

Hey what do you guys think of my card file right now? http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r16/banewlf/?action=view&current=cardfile.jpg

Any suggestions for what I should do with it? I have most of the falkow 1 stars in 3's and many of the 2 stars. Also, I have 2 of faytis the mermaid named character and 1 Orthos for the soul skill, if that's relevent.

I was previously splashing Gowen for magic weapon, mercenary girl, and salamander using the turtle SS that gives +2 falkow and +1 gowen.

10. icewolf34

If you are still doing Gowen for salamander, it is cool to splash for Dryad(? the one with +10 DEF open skill) as well. Otherwise Haste Soldier->Undine will ruin your Witch opening. (I don't splash, so I'm just resigned to this).

Do you need three Witches? Also how are you doing on killing power, seems like you might have trouble with that (but maybe it's okay to just return return return).

11. banewlf

I have 3 witches (3rd row from the top). And, I'm not splashing Gowen any more, although I suppose I could.

I've actually only played this particular file twice and both were against Gowen rushes where I just kept bouncing everything they did and won due to a huge field advantage. I don't really feel comfortable with the file, I'm just not sure where to go with it.

12. garcia1000

I think haste soldier is poops. Also expert sorcerer is poops
    I would replace expert sorcerer with 2x Mermaid Aquamancer. Aquamancer is totally safe since none of your guys are above level 4. You can put in a Dead Wing in place of the third aquamancer.
    Replace haste solder with probably Eagle Soldier?

13. banewlf

Unfortunately, I only have 1 Aquamancer. How do you feel about sky staff sorcerer?

Also, are you sure I should replace the haste soldier? Currently my opening goes turn 1 witch, turn 2 undine if they play a non-spore guy. Otherwise, haste soldier. Turn 3 haste soldier (if turn 2 undine). Without some level 2 guy, I have a big gap in turn 3 where I can't do anything useful most of the time and my witch will be vulnerable. Maybe sorcerer guard for a tank? Or perhaps wizard soldier apprentice?

And would Undine Soldier be better than Eagle Soldier? I have 3 of both. It just seems like undine soldier's ability is more relevant.

14. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

I'd say Eagle Soldier over Undine Soldier. You probably won't use either's action skill that often, but a targeted attack is really solid for taking out support units. I don't think RNG - 2 is gonna be useful that often, a lot of units can do stuff without RNG.

Haste Soldier seems okay to me. Not great, but he is a cheap body. And he does fit well into your opening, while Sorcerer Guard/Wizard Soldier wouldn't - you will need to revive them soon and will quickly fall behind in SP.

How many copies of Greatsword Solider do you have? I'd run him even if it's just two. You need more attack power, and he has lots of that.

I'd replace Expert Sorcerers with Sky Staff Sorceresses.

15. icewolf34

Turn 3 I usually do Song Sorceress in row 2 or 3 (you stick undine in row 1). A surprising number of people play a level 2 guy on turn 2 even though you have witch on the board. If they don't you will probably have to revive your Sorceress at least once, which is a pain. But turn 4 you play Fencer, then that solves many problems.

Usually I play some SP generation in the first SS slot, to make sure I can drop level 3's on turns 4 and 5. Manage your revives and returns to allow this.
    ----

Hey Ilk, how did you manage to buy 2 EX packs with only three weeks of MM?

16. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

Recycled just about EVERYTHING including my T-rexes and a 4-star card I got from leveling up (thought Kafhar's soul skill would be good...I was severely mistaken). In there was a Mayleen and a bunch of garbage 3-stars like 2 copies of Estoma.

Plus I MM for 15 gran. 20 requires massive luck, as I've never beaten intermediate 4-star with 1 click left.

Edit: Soul Skills are now Dryad Soldier Scylla Revolver Bladesman Rasam Zuga in that order.

17. banewlf

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I only bought one of the EX packs so I only have 1 greatsword soldier.

I just have a few questions. When do I use Sky Staff Sorceress? She seems like a bad early game play due to setting me back, unless I go back to splashing Gowen and using turtle SS, which then would offset her falkow diminish. And besides, she seems really narrow. Unless I'm misunderstanding she can only bounce stuff with agi exactly 1.

Also, what about my SS lineup? Right now I'm using EX antilla (+1 falkow, 40 damage to target unit), Faytis (exhaust a unit for 2 turns), Deadwing (Bounce a level 2 or less unit), Rapidly flying apprentice (bounce level 5 or higher), Der Freischutz (10-60 damage to 3 random enemy units.). Is the Deadwing too situational, especially considering my witch opening? What about Rapidly Flying Apprentice?

Oh, and also what about Mermaid Soldier over the Eagle Soldier? Same stats and level, but has pinpoint instead of flying attack. Seems more generally useful, although loses the ability to snipe utility guys for sp. Is that worth more than being able to attack a specific front-rower every turn?

18. garcia1000

Damage SS is always good. Probably swap out rapidly flying apprentice for more damage SS.

EX antilla is very good because it's damage and SS.

Deadwing SS is too situational. Maybe have some damage SS instead.

Probably swap Rasam for Faytis.

Eagle Soldier is great because he can kill badguys at the back! On the other hand, Mermaid Soldier's pinpoint means he can hit meat shield #3 instead of meat shield #1 which is not as useful.

Sky Staff is a late game unit. Think of it as giving you the ability to cast two spells each turn: a return spell that returns a tank, and then you can still do your other thing. Super powerful, I'd use it if I had it. Her ability is "RNG 1" not "AGI 1" which means she bounces any tank. Guarantee you that Sky Staff will be the highest priority for enemy to kill!

19. banewlf

Oh that makes a lot more sense. For some reason I was reading it as agi. Yeah, that's a lot less situational than I thought!

As for the damage SS, I unfortunately don't have Rasam. Should I replace Deadwing and Faytis with moonlight warriors or something similar? I was previously using various 40 damage + grimoir remove SS' (Sky staff sorcerer and company). I have multiple of those. Should I use those?

20. garcia1000

Targeted 40 damage > moonlight warrior
    If you have Inquisition Raid Leader, he is ok too.

Faytis is a good unit, still, because she has 2LP.

21. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

Set 6! When you buy a Gold Box, you are paying 3.75 extra Gran per pack (90 Gran total), but you are guaranteed a 5*, and Gold Box rarity rates are slightly higher than normal box rates. Sounds good!

Card list is up on the main site. Check the forums for the 5*'s.

Notable cards:

Wandering Priest / Raste. Kill anyone, heal your guys. Expensive, but man.

Crest Spy. Primclone counter! But even against non-Primclone files, a single Iczer Attack from this guy is crazy. Not just the 3 LP damage, but activating multiple SS's can be really screwy (like activating their Assassin before they're ready to use it).

Dragon Slayer / Bringer. There is no creature in the game who survives his Action Skill. In fact you can give Guardian +20 defense and she still won't survive. And it's targeted!

The Forest of Hate. Makes Monster decks pretty good. Gorilla and Rhino (set 6) both have Action Skills that engage them for 2 turns. Only one turn with this guy! Also his Action Skill is very solid, especially if you apply it to Gorilla or Rhino. Also funny art.

Dragonbreath. Splashable, cheap removal.

Abyssal Strategist / Galdirea. As a unit, he seems too wonky to be good. His SS is potentially good, it's hard to tell. Increasing their spheres by 2 could potentially screw you over, but getting 3 in all spheres opens up the possibility of a rainbow deck.

22. icewolf34

So right now I have two Mage Knights and three Spell Lancers. Spell Lancers are way disappointing so far. Maybe they'll be better against big-unit files, we'll see. Kind of reluctant to get more Set 3 boosters because all I want is a third Mage Knight and chances aren't great. I also have two Mystere that I'm not using, maybe I should try her out. I could really use an Owl Sage, SP is tough when all your guys are level 3. On top of that, I need to do Iczer Attacks when I have board control, because I don't have many guys.

Not sure what set to invest in now, but I was thinking Set 5 maybe? Really could use a ranged two-drop, but there aren't many good ones in Falkow.

Can't tell how good set 6 is for Falkow.
    ---

Maybe I should just switch to Gowen, I have 3x Ball of Lame, 3x Samurai Girl and 3x Merc which I got while trying to get those freaking Mage Knights. I don't have the right level 2 guys though.

23. banewlf

I've had a lot of success with wizard archer of regus. You have to have a strong front line before playing her, but she's very solid for a lvl 2 attacker.

24. garcia1000

Wiz archer is 40 AT and has pinpoint, she is like a more powerful fragile magic scythe soldier.

25. LoneKnight

LoneKnight Well-Known Member

Bit of a slowpoke here, but EX Riza made my deck from shit tier to pro tier.

Seriously.

Okay, more like "doesn't lose against everything" tier. Now I only need two more...

26. garcia1000

27. garcia1000

If I got the stuff I want, here's what sort of deck I would build:

SS:
    2LP Inquisition Raid Leader (30 damage to target row)
    1LP Scylla (engage random unit, then 40 target damage)
    1LP Rasam (engage two units until end of next turn)
    1LP Assassin (kill)
    3LP Magma Golem (heal 20 HP to all)

3x Mage Knight
    3x Rapier Fencer
    3x Sea Claw
    3x Enormous Frog
    3x Eagle Soldier / Magic Scythe Soldier

2x Undine
    2x Sylph
    2x Song Sorceress
    2x Sky Staff Sorceress
    2x Return
    2x Witch

1x Owl Sage
    1x Cyclone
    1x Disjunction
    1x Meaning of Failure

I realize this is more than 25 cards! No idea what that's about

28. icewolf34

sick 1* combo: Enormous Frog, Sea Serpent.

29. banewlf

So with some lucky pulls (and much recycling), I was able to get 3 of the new sea serpent. I decided to create my file around this beast. Here is my current file. I also have 2 ice sorceress that I was originally going to put in, but decided I had enough ways to turn on serpent and wanted more beaters, so I replaced them with the elite fencers. I really really wish I had an owl sage so I could open with that, but unfortunately because I don't I'm stuck with the skip into sea hunter opening. Any suggestions? Would something else be better in the Teleport slot? Maybe Deep Sleep or Flanking Attack?

30. Eji1700

Eji1700 Well-Known Member

Teleport i think is one of the absolutely best spells ever added. It's a 1 cost that can absolutely screw up anything that relies on tanking. DO NOT REMOVE.

That said i'd get rid of invis edge for flanking attack because it's like teleport on crack.

31. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

New starters are up, and you can switch your starter for free (well the first time is free). Refess and Lawtia still seem weak, but definitely better than before. Gowen and Falkow are pretty solid.

Teleport's really good, especially paired with Man-Eating Tiger or Tree Giant. Toss their tank to the back, beat it up, then beat up the rest of their field. Guardian only counter-hits units in range, so you can beat up a backrow Guardian with no consequences.

32. Fry

Fry Well-Known Member

New red starter looks better than previous; purple starter is a little bit stronger (stupid Regenerator Knight is gone!); yellow and blue look like they are roughly the same power level as before.

Boo for not getting that awesome Guardian starter for Yellow. :(

33. Eji1700

Purple is really not that much better. They took out warning knife, invis druid, and cem rats, 3 extremely useful cards, for a conditional lycan, night soul, and something else not too great.

Reverent for crest regen was the only decent thing about it and even then crest regen isn't terrible.

You still have several really situational and difficult to use lycans, the rather lousy magic dolls, and cards like animate dead.

34. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

Just won a TB for dragon breath of all things. Not sure what card to replace in the deck for it. As of now, it's replacing primrose to counter witch op, but somehow I'm not sure of the optimality of that.

35. LoneKnight

The hell? Purple is getting progressively worse starters. Seriously, animate dead still in but warning dagger is out? A SINGLE night soul?

Well, pretty sure I'm not swapping, and I'm using a night-time deck already... although Echinda is kinda cool, it really isn't worth warning dagger, cemetery rats and invisible druid.

Also THREE ALRUNES AND TWO BOOMERANGERS WTF GOWEN, WTF?

36. garcia1000

I am not playing for now because elite fencer/sea serpent is stupid.

37. Eji1700

I've yet to have any problems with that strangely.

38. garcia1000

That's pretty surprising! Perhaps they are putting sea serpent in the front, like a moron?

39. Fry

Fry Well-Known Member

No timer, 0/10

40. LoneKnight

Epic fail Fry.

There IS a timer. You have 5 minutes/round.

41. Fry

Fry Well-Known Member

I sat and waited on an opponent to make a move so he would lose today, it took longer than 5 minutes to happen, hence the complaint.

42. Eji1700

Well then the game glitched or you waited at more than one section because there's very clearly a countdown timer.

Garcia: On the sea serpent, if they put him in front he's dead. If they put fencer in the front she's dead. if they put serpent in the back i can still usually take it out fast enough. I also am currently running incarnate so it helps that should i get either card to 20 or less i don't just kill but send them straight to the cem.

43. icewolf34

Hard to see how you would ever consider a card problematic if you consider it reasonable to deal 100 damage to a back-row unit in one turn. I mean, even 60 HP for a level 3 unit is a little above the curve, so just saying 'I can just kill it' is not really very reassuring about the balance of that card.

I mean, I believe you when you say that you can do it, but like, both of those units are pretty sturdy for their level so it's not like they are balanced by their fragility. How do you put out so much damage, anyways?

44. garcia1000

I would also like to play an Alteil game where doing 100 damage to a mid-game (LV4) back row unit is easy.

45. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

rapidly flying + tree giant + man eating tiger.

But yeah, sea serpent is borked.

46. LoneKnight

imo fencer is the broken one. Even without serpent, it can wade through high AGI creatures, including some high level ones like Dalos. It also has a respectable hp for a mere level 3.

Still, playing a lycan deck, I haven't got much problem with this combo. Aegis+leonardo, or just warning dagger+Lilith will take care of a serpent, and fencer alone can't do much.

47. icewolf34

Today I used one of my alts to test out the falkow starter in Crest, first matchup was against a lvl 39 guy who did Shade -> Evangelical SS, then Meaning of Failure a lot and then Lawtia Dark Emperor. Then I killed it a few times, then I killed some of his other guys. Then he cast Soul Return with lvl 2 Refess, huge fail for him.

Then he timed out and I leveled up my alt twice. So I still don't know how good new starter is, because that guy suckedddd.

48. garcia1000

cool story bro

But seriously, new Falkow starter looks great. If I were spending money I would just get set 6 until I got 3x serpent and 3x fencer, then I would go around being huge jerks to newbies

49. Eji1700

If you want to stomp basic players right now all you really need are any of the cards which give +30 atk and +30 def as a SS. While the starters all have ways around this it causes quite a bit of upheaval for anyone who isn't accustomed to it and even when played around well it's still a strong opener that can give a serious field and sp advantage.

50. banewlf

Hey can one of you guys link me to the contents of the new Falkow starter? Or at least tell me what I would be losing if I switch to the new starter.