Alteil online card game

Discussion in 'Now Playing' started by Fry, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Eji1700

Eji1700 Well-Known Member

1. I 30/30 a reverent not a hellsmoke.
    2. IF they return it i've set them back about as much as they set me back minus some lp, and i'm fine with that. That's why i play a skele warrior right after the hellsmoke and use the 30/30 in the first place.
  2. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

Lawtia's answer to Diondora:

Don't let them get more than 3 units out at any one point.

Dalos.

Or if you do let them get 4+...

Afail.

Serpent fencer frog vs. gowen rush is a tough slog, but generally, I try to remember who runs the SFF combo. Failing that and I get caught with my pants down by still having Kurina in play, I'll drop her even when I can revive her and just go with HBH and tap that axe.

So far, the combo is possible to play around if you have a general idea that it might be on the way.

Also, Gowen vs. EX Lapierre...

Do not play combat monk early. Sunlight knight ROFLWaffles at him. Unfortunately, IMO you need some powerful SSs to make this matchup good. I use EX Fierte (subtract 40, add 1 to Gowen) and Sergis as my first two, so if they go sunlight knight kesaran pasaran or anything else besides willowisp, I can shoot down the sunlight knight twice and kill EX Lapierre once on SSs alone, and by that time, I have a tempo and SP advantage going. HBH, Axe, GP Yuni come down, and generally they die pretty horribly afterwards.

Also, Alraune is excellent vs. Refess (but a pretty epic failure anywhere else)
  3. LoneKnight

LoneKnight Well-Known Member

You play Dalos. He plays deep sleep, or elite fencer, or undine and then rapes him. Dalos is unbelievably bad against Falkow in general nowdays because of those cards. Same for Afael who is like a more extreme dalos.
  4. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

1. So Sergis also hurts a lot.
    2. No, they have more SP because of Catherina/Lost Tome/Meaning of Failure. And they just neutralized your SS. I don't understand how this is an even trade.

Also yeah, Falkow has a dozen different ways to stop a single creature.
  5. garcia1000

garcia1000 World Champion Staff Member

Falkow is a pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything
  6. banewlf

banewlf Well-Known Member

I usually use Giant Frog to counter Dalos. It's pretty much the perfect counter.
  7. garcia1000

Dalos is F- against Falkow.

Also like I predicted when set 6 came out, Elite Fencer/Serpent/Diondora is now the top tier deck. Lame.
  8. LoneKnight

Yeah, forgot about giant frog. It also counters lycans pretty well.

I honestly think there's nothing beating a good falkow deck right now (aside from other good falkow decks).
  9. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

So far, I seem to be holding my own against Falkows. Not sure why. But mostly because I have tap-that-axe and highland hunter. But even when the whole fencer/frog/serpent nonsense starts up, I can at least hold my own with axe/hunter/Yuni/soul skills.

That said, it's not always an "in the clear" situation once I get past that obnoxiousness.

Because then every single Falkow deck has its own endgame stuff.

Either BOGGY ^______^, or if you want to make your opponent look like a complete goofball, Rasam+Antilla+Diondora, which you more or less have to play perfectly against in order to win because they break even with the Antilla SP generation + Rasam Freeze + Diondora chuck-you-back-to-the-abyss, assuming they use it every damn turn. Of course, considering that Rasam lasts for two turns, I'm pretty sure that there's a way to play this such that you can turn it into an "I win" situation in short order. Maybe something along the lines of MoF+cyclone.

Boggy actually isn't unbeatable per se because they make me hold my combat monks till the end, so I just use triple attack + fire arrow three times over.

However, Diondora+Rasam+Antilla...

GTFO :(.
  10. garcia1000

I increased total number of guild members to 24! So now there is lots of space and you can have alternate accounts join as well!
  11. garcia1000

3x Magma Golem
    3x Giant Gorilla

3x Ancient Mage Pixy
    3x Soldier of Gaia
    3x Oversoul
    3x Instant Revive

Someone has to make this deck happen!
  12. Eji1700

Seen a couple run stuff along that line.

Hell saw one deck destroyer beat a prim clone. He had 2lp left and the primclone user had 10. However the primclone user also had 0 cards left in their deck. It was pretty awesome.
  13. LoneKnight

It's kind of bad against rush files. But yeah, pretty awesome otherwise. It's good against undead as well, since it removes the extra copies. You'll need some kind of direct dmg to remove the remaining copies on the field though (SS, ball of lame, maybe even fire tornado).
  14. garcia1000

15. LoneKnight

It keeps loading for me.
  16. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

It's working now. Also, even if you're not Premium, you can still replay a match after it's ended, before you go back to the Arena. You won't be able to share the match, but it's a nice feature if your opponent did something cool and you want to review it.

Also also, cool game garcia.
  17. garcia1000

(Replay deleted, crazy Alteil guys wiped it)

Updated want list:

Enormous Frog x 3
    Sea Claw x 1
    Mage Knight of Regus x 2
    Time Stop x 3
    Cyclone
    Frost Sorceress / Rasam
    Elite Fencer of Regus x 3
    Sea Serpent x 2
  18. Alhazard

Alhazard Active Member

EDIT: Alteil America made insane decision
    Way to kill off a viable advertising media, hype generator, and strategy guide all in one.
  19. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

Do tell, Alh!

I joined Order of the Black Knights. Their forum is not terribly active, but it is like an Annarose's Sanctum for reasonable people.
  20. garcia1000

Do they have statistics on rarity distribution for lotto and card packs? Would be nice to know!
  21. icewolf34

icewolf34 Well-Known Member

Cool, would be nice to have discussion without the insane noise level of regular forums. Like garcia said, let me know if you meet some trustworthy people in that guild -- trustworthy enough to keep reliable statistics of their own purchases, at least.

Although I guess a bunch of you guys mostly buy Gold Boxes or something, so we'd have to track that separately. Not to mention, that information isn't as relevant to some of us. It's fine though, more data is always nice.
  22. garcia1000

Hey guys,

It's been four months since I started playing Alteil!

I have everything good to say about the game design. The randomness is at the right level, skill is very important, there is a healthy dose of prediction needed, games are quick, games are rarely boring, there are circuit breakers to stop the slippery slope effect.

Card acquisition is a giant trap to make you spend hundreds of dollars. For the moment, there's no reasonable plan for a person who wants to spend a reasonable amount, say, $10 per month or so. I'm not spending any money because I have an ethical objection to their business model, but I'm fine with other people spending. I admit the temptation to spend can be very strong!

They are going in the right direction, though. A point card system (you get 5 point cards on average every 1.5 weeks) means that you have some control over what cards you want to get. This is based on the amount of time that passes in the real world, not on how much you spend or how much you grind.

I'm managing a >75% win rate after getting a key card (Garfath). I also modified the starter deck and I have several choices of what to do, now that I have playsets of cards (Return, Meaning of Failure, Eagle Soldier, Enchanter, Witch)

I would highly recommend lottery if you are not going to spend lots of money. From what I can tell so far, lottery gets you 2-star cards more easily than packs. Some of the best cards are 2-star cards.

There were four cards that were vital to upgrade my deck:
    Two extra returns (1* rarity card)
    An assassin (2* rarity card)
    Garfath (4* rarity card)

Not that hard to get actualie! You could use point cards for Garfath if you didn't manage to get any through level ups.

Anyway, seems like a non-fail game now!

I would recommend this game to you if: You have discipline and can avoid the temptation to spend money, and you like card games.
  23. banewlf

banewlf Well-Known Member

Did they ever nerf Sea serpent or produce a reasonable counter? I became very disinterested in the game when it became fairly easy to win most games by simply going fencer into serpent into more exhaust stuff with a bog wyvern finish.
  24. LoneKnight

Seaserpent got -20 hp, and they removed the fencer-serpent combo by making fencer only work on enemy units. Bog locks cards on the open as well not just when attacking. I haven't actually met many DEFS since so I can't tell how much this helps exactly, but it's a bit better.
  25. garcia1000

Sea Serpent is not a powerful card any more.

The current 'top' decks are big gowen (Allind, Bringer, Volcano Wyvern, Athira Shins) and Mirelia.
  26. Eji1700

And i feel that both of those are easier to deal with than DEFS
  27. garcia1000

Just played against GaoGaiGirl, a GM. Card was a Bastandorra. She used a big refess file. I almost won but in the end I lost two AGI coinflips!

Sadgarcia.

Was pretty cool though!
  28. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

I can never manage to play against them. Usually I get another guy who was stalking them.

(For those who don't know, any fight against a GM is guaranteed to be a Treasure Battle for a 3* or better)

This Treasure Week thing is cool, I might be less sad about the high costs of this game if Treasure Week was permanent. Also EX lotto is this weekend, and it's tempting me to spend more, hmm.
  29. Eji1700

Wait seriously? Did not know that about the gm's.
  30. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

Yeah, as soon as a GM enters Folrart, chat turns into a lot of "Dang, I didn't get the GM".

How's your Treasure Week luck going? I got a Command Unit / Lily yesterday. Someday I will get to play Command Dolls (also someone pointed out on the forums, color then flower: Scarlet Rose, White Lily, Violet Violet. But Violet Violet sounds silly, so it's Violet X2. I laughed when I got it)
  31. garcia1000

Treasure battle week is cool.
  32. Ilk1986

Ilk1986 Active Member

The most infuriating thing is that I still need one more merc and rhino, and two more heierrat bladesmen. I recycled a Wasseir and turned that into a Sergis and some gran from recycles.

Problem being is that the most uber cards are so damn inaccessible. I so want a playset of Bringer.

In terms of TBs, spell lancer, instant revival, but lost on blitz soldier and time stop. Got a bunch of other ones, but nothing too amazing.

Biggest problem is with the repetitiveness. All I need is two more bladesmen to make EX merc nation, but don't have them.

BTW...GaoGaiGirl, from meeting her in person (twice) is great. She's a very, very cool lady.
  33. LoneKnight

Wow, I only had one traasure battle... that I lost... so eh.
  34. garcia1000

btw I am crunching some numbers. So far it looks like if you want 2-star cards from a variety of playsets, lotto is still the better choice even with the mostly 1-star rates.
  35. icewolf34

I keep getting to 5-win streak or so, then losing to random 1300RP Gowen jokers. I've kind of accepted this now -- Falkow is basically a disruption deck, and good luck with disrupting Gowen Rush. Fortunately, about 30-50% of Gowen pilots are completely incompetent, so some wins there.

So far I've won:
    Killing Machine / LeBeau ***
    Steel Bladesman / Bazgar ***

By the way, has there ever been a unit more worthless than Bazgar?
    ---

I'm thinking of working out some system to trade information for more information on Alteil boards. Maybe send people copies of compiled spreadsheet in exchange for some amount of information on pack pulls. Problem is, I'd probably need to require screenshots AND tallies, because I don't want to count the screenshots myself but I don't trust people to count correctly and uniformly.

So far it looks like the chance of getting a specific 2* you want is like, 6% per pack bought or something.
  36. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

Another guy fought Gaogaigirl for Bastandorra. I asked around in chat, and it seems like each GM always gives a specific card. And they change every so often, but there's no schedule or anything. So yeah, if you play GGG, it will probably be for Bastandorra.

A unit more useless than Bagzar would be Chimney Imp. Wait, wrong card game...
  37. LoneKnight

His SS seems funny with undead/Max HP units (rhino getting one means he's not going down any time soon for example). He's pretty bad aside from that, but most old gowen char cards are (I mean Thunderbolt? Seriously?).

Also, I get my winstreaks broken by "gowen clowns" all the time as well. It's weird really, though I mostly attribute it to luck.

EDIT: I got a goddamn kuribo so far. Okay fine, also got a healing and a holy weapon priest. EDITEDIT: and a magic shade solidier. EDITEDITEDIT: And a Phoenix. I'm on a roll ever since exchanging pointcards for a Fierte.
  38. Eji1700

I wouldn't hate on steel too much. His SS is very nice and i've run into one or two mid gowen files that use him as a tank with steel revolver and dilate. Not bad files at all.
  39. icewolf34

Are you guys interested in tracking your lotto pulls / packs? Maybe post or PM me your results, and I will compile those and post the results for you guys. Let's say, do this when you have 3 packs or more of data. I'll trust you not to post selectively, miscount, or other things like that.

As a goodwill gesture, 9 packs worth of data (all I have so far):
    1*: 25 (55%)
    2*: 13 (29%)
    3*: 6 (13%)
    4*: 1 (2%)

Sum: 45
  40. garcia1000

I am interested in sharing lotto pulls/ packs data, icewolf! Anyone else?

Some of us guys played a lot this week!

Code:
    Weekly: 03/15/10-03/22/10
    Rank	Iczer Name	LV	Points
    4	Demongod	82	162
    12	garcia1000	68	108
    22	LoneKnight	60	79
    41	icewolf33	46	60
    45	MTCosta  	63	56
  41. LoneKnight

I think I played like, around 20-25% of all of my matches during the past 5 days.

I mean, I know that doing events like this is a psychological trick to get people to play more (and hopefully pay more), but I'm still a sucker for them. Someone on the forums said it'd be cool if it was always treasure battle up, but that'd ruin this sucker in effect (that's admittedly kinda cheap from a consumer point of view). Also, it got me to exchange my point cards for a fierte and miracle fruit (I know, MF is just a 2 but I had enough of always losing to cyclone).

I don't really save data. I'm impatient and will spend all I've got on lotto ASAP anyway (unless the next EX is worth of saving up for a few months) :p

I guess if you guys feel it's important I can start writing up my lotto pulls.
  42. garcia1000

Hey guys,

These are the 1* I am missing. Because the list is so short, I switched to buying packs.

Set 2:
    Soul Pact x 1
    Sea Claw x 1
    2/40

Set 3:
    Mercenary x 3
    Magic Musician x 1
    Giant Ancient Tortoise x 1
    3/20

Set 4:
    Crest Cursed Swordsman x 1
    Magic Doll -defective- x 1
    Gaia Gem Monk x 1
    3/20

Set 5:
    Pegasus Knights x 1
    1/20

Total: 9/160
  43. garcia1000

Hey guys!

I was bored, so anyway. I am posting my main deck here for comments! And also you can copy it if you like, it's good enough to get you to 1900 RP. It's easy to acquire the cards because there aren't any rares at all.

[​IMG]

Soul skills:
    The first one is general general. You can put in anything here, really.
    Second and third ones are a combo. Garfath debuffs two enemies, then Revenant kills them along with anything else at 20 HP or less. Usually let an Undine and something else die at once. Try to time it when they are low on SP.
    The fourth one is to get rid of annoying guys. Sometimes they will kill your Undine bait, that's fine too.

Card cards:
    T1 Haste Soldier
    T2 Enchanter

T3:
    Against Gowen rush, sweeping tidalwave and then sea hunter
    Against EX Lapierre, mermaid soldier and then use sweeping tidalwave on sunlight knight
    Against Lawtia, mermaid soldier or meaning of failure
    Against Falkow, mermaid soldier

Afterwards, the order you summon things is generally sea hunter and mermaid soldier (depending on opponent's deck), then eagle soldier, then sorcerer monk. But don't summon sorcerer monk too early! You want to undine and return some stuff to delay the game slightly. Summon sorcerer monk after your garfath/revenant combo goes off.

Notice that you arrive at endgame really, really quickly. It's common that you have 3-4 cards when the opponent still has 12 or so. That's fine.

The key card of this deck is Enchanter. Often, Enchanter dying is the trigger for me to summon Sorcerer Monk.

Also, don't overuse Eagle Soldier's flying attack. It might seem you have lots of SP, but there's no such thing for this deck.
  44. icewolf34

I noticed last night that there are 3-4 players all running similar Big Gowen / Falkow decks, and most of them have 10+ winstreak. I was thinking about running some sort of counterdeck, ideally with 50% vs. field and 80% or so vs. Gowen/Falkow.

I think that a good candidate might be Double Dagon open, especially if I can set off a Mage Pixy SS in the first few turns. I don't have Riza or Eskatia though, so dunno how this deck would fare vs. normal decks.
  45. Eji1700

You can double dagon without either, just don't run full lycans. Use double dagon and have it trigger a SS and plan your LP accordingly(mage pixy and something else would work. firete to be a real ass.)
  46. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

immortal used to run a good lycan/Lawtia rush with just Succubae, no EX Riza or Eskatia. He didn't even have Annarose, I think Fierte was his only rare, everything else was 2* or below. Main thing is timing everything right, with the Assassin SSs and Cemetery Rats and Succubae.

EX6 came out today! Falkow is great and anyone with a Falkow starter should target the Falkow EX pack as soon as possible. Gowen has a lame Amazon (just use Fire Storm Wyvern instead), and a cool guy Belltia. You don't need other Undead for Belltia to be good, just use him in a Gowen rush where's he better than Highland Born Hunter, and use copies of himself for his Action Skill (1 SP for 90 damage, amazing). Refess guys are cool but only good in tandem with rare cards. Lawtia looks great and isn't getting enough credit on the Alteil forums.
  47. Eji1700

I really don't get the love for firestorm over the new amazon when she's basically the undead counter they've been asking for. It's more likely to net a kill and if it hits an undead you've probably just wrecked it.
  48. garcia1000

Definitely get the EX 6 Falkow pack. So far I've been using T1 Haste, T2 EX Wiz, T3 Foeventsa as an opening. Put them in row 2.

This is a really SP light opening. Also it is really, really durable, even more than Kurina/MET opening because you are killing his guys with 30 AT speed 5. You can then do owl sage, mage knight and you have lots of SP to grim bane or use with grims or whatever.

The key card is Foeventsa, if opponent kills him with grim or SS you are unfortunate. So he's like EX Lapierre in a way.
  49. Gavisi

Gavisi Active Member

Well I don't think either is that great, but anyway, they both cost 4 SP but Amazon only gives you back 3 SP on death, and Wyvern has better stats unless you have multiple Amazons out (which is expensive and bad board position). I see very few dedicated Undead decks these days, usually it's just a Revenant or Hell Smoke with some buffs, and then other Lawtia guys. If Amazon fails to hit their Undead, you just paid a lot for a not so great unit (and maybe you killed one of their guys, but at what cost?)

Kurina/Tiger is good for saving SP, bad for doing much damage. 20 attack is wimpy, and Kurina seems to die a lot before she can buff Tiger. Also I rarely get to use Tiger's Pounce, it's not hard to just not put stuff in the backrow.
  50. LoneKnight

"Lawtia looks great and isn't getting enough credit on the alteil forums."

Yay! A weaker Girl Druid and a quirky tank that doesn't synergyse with anything (yet)!

No, seriously. Wyvern is at least passable/may have potential later, but the other one... I'm only getting because I have not had the luck of getting a playset of girl druid despite grinding for half a year now.

Against big gow/falk: succubus, shade, crest spy. If you guess the deck correctly, you may as well open with succubus... which, if he didn't play anything you can follow up with another one for a nice manaburn (burnt 7 mana once with that). Still, that's a bit too risky. Shade is absolutely awesome as it negates the mana generating abilities, I played it all the time (got 3 in the deck even now), despite my usual open being EX Riza. Your best bet is to somehow obtain a Fierte for SS though.