Forum Mafia

Discussion in 'General Chit-chat' started by Seth, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

So, I suggested we play some forum mafia in another thread, and several people responded saying that they would participate. So, this is a thread to round up names of people so we can play some games. Note that I have never hosted games before, and I would be a little nervous to do so. Still, I could try, and I have some (like, two) setups, and one of my own that I haven't fleshed out. I also have access to a person on another gaming forum who is like, as good at forum mafia as pro players are at Starcraft, so he could provide more interesting, and well balanced setups for us to use.

If you are interesting in playing, please post below. If you would be willing to host games, please state that as well.

If we can't get enough people for some decent games, I could round up some more from that other forum.

(Putting this here to remind myself, ignore this: setup in progress saved as Forum Mafia Idea)

People Interested:

Myself
    Darkcrobat
    Zejety
    Galefrost
    SpicyCrab
    Hitogoroshi
    TheMadKing

2. link6616

link6616 Well-Known Member

How do you play forum mafia...?

3. darkcrobat

darkcrobat Member

4. TheMadKing

TheMadKing Member

I'm interested, definitely.

5. Lofobal

Lofobal Well-Known Member

Yell a lot, make wild accusations, complain about people not posting enough, dig up old posts and analyse them, leave breadcrumbs in early posts. Kayin might like this game, it offers a lot of room to get angry for no reason.

Do these set-ups have absurd fantasy roles or are they more normal (boring)?

6. hitogoroshi

hitogoroshi Member

I'm actually a member of a fairly large online mafia forum and I'd definitely be in for this one.

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

Someone doesn't like forum mafia.

I could have absurd fantasy roles or boring ones ;p, I really only have like two setups ready to go right now.

8. jubeh

jubeh Member

Count me in, but are the forum "version" rules documented anywhere?

9. Milskidasith

Milskidasith Active Member

I'm up for this.

10. SpicyCrab

SpicyCrab Well-Known Member

I am well known in my circle of friends for cooking up the best stories to go along with our mafia matches.

Over the forums with people you don't know as well I dunno how good I will be.

Either way, I will play.

11. darkcrobat

darkcrobat Member

Enough?
    ten

12. Lofobal

Lofobal Well-Known Member

misrep vote: Seth

13. Seth

Seth Active Member

Well, I was hoping we could get a lot more, like 15+, and I think we can. We could uh, try to play a really small game now, but it wouldn't be as fun. If we start playing games now, it might be harder to keep people rounded up for bigger games later.