International Tournament Interest

Discussion in 'Yomi: Fighting Card Game' started by Bob199, Jul 24, 2012.

  1. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    Amazed there hasn't been an international yomi tourney yet.

    Date: Saturday August 11th

    Time is Here

    Teams: USA vs The World

    Format: Bo3, Med Timer, Loser can counterpick.
    • When a player loses a Bo3, they are out of the tournament, first team to lose all of its players loses.
    • If more than 10+ players on each team, first round everyone will play their matches simultaniously, after that, one match at a time. <10 players, one match at a time.
    • Winners of matches cannot play again until the rest of their team has played through.
    Team Rosters:

    USA
    deluks917
    Choke Artist
    Ryker
    Aesa
    eugeybear
    Juushichi
    AhhDee!
    cpat

    World
    Volcanya
    enomus
    Nathan
    Blinky
    Bob199
    Garcia1000
    buttonsfx
    Waterd103
     
  2. deluks917

    deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

    I can play for team North America (Northeast USA) if whoever is in charge wants me.
     
  3. Choke Artist

    Choke Artist Well-Known Member

    I will represent the country of Denver.
     
  4. Arghy

    Arghy Active Member

    I would like to represent the European country of Finland.
     
  5. enomus

    enomus New Member

    I'm interested in participating so long as I don't have to stay up too late or wake up too early.

    I will be representing the non-north american, non-european and non-asian country of Brazil
     
  6. the-cap

    the-cap Active Member

    I'm in. North America. If too many play in north America you could further divide like east and west. Edit (Eastern USA)
     
  7. Nathan

    Nathan Well-Known Member

    Would the UK count as part of team Europe? Either way, sign me up ( provisonally)! This seems like something that would be worth the hype, and my inevitable defeat round 1, yay! XD
     
  8. Oni

    Oni Active Member

    I currently still work on weekends so while I have interest, it may make participation awkward. I have weekdays generally open so should be good for matches between 10am and 10pm GMT (living in UK).
     
  9. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    Updated.
    Will keep slots open until:
    1. We get 5 players for each current region
    2. At least 10 players for both East(Europe + Asia) and West(Americas)
    3. The end of this week
    Whichever comes first.


    I was planning on dividing up NA into USA/Canada + Mexico if the turnout lent itself to that but as of now, east/west may be prefered.
     
  10. deluks917

    deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

    As always North America is the Best. Just sayin.
     
    bbobjs likes this.
  11. I can represent Canada if the time works out with work for me.
     
  12. Kawaiiness

    Kawaiiness Active Member

    I would play for eastern NA
     
  13. Ryker

    Ryker Active Member

    For the United States, the East Coast, and the Atlantic South, I would love to represent sweet home Alabama.

    I really enjoy the hype and support surrounding region based play and, as I consider myself a patriot, an international stage is the most hype of all.

    If I'm playing, you will have me hard at work again and I should be able to make scheduling work with advance warning. I will be working (which has been cutting hard into my Yomi time) and starting school (August 13th) as well as attending my other competitions on weekends, but I still love Yomi. Anytime this community tries to set something up on a large stage, I will go out of my way to make it work.

    U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.

    (I'm only sad my lalala is from Mexico)
     
  14. Blinky

    Blinky Member

    I would be interested in entering and representing the UK. My work hours are kinda random atm though so the more flexible the timing the better.
     
  15. Waterd103

    Waterd103 Well-Known Member

    I will enter depending on the rules.
     
  16. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    Updates:
    • Recent additions have been added.
    • Orignal post updated
    • Teams will be Americas vs Eurasia North America vs The World.
    • Sign up will be open until Sunday.
    • Time is here. It's set up to be as friendly as possible to all 3 major regions (Americas/Europe/Asia + Australia) so nobody has to play past midnight.
     
  17. eugeybear

    eugeybear Member

    I'm interested if it works in my schedule.
    I'm from Wisconsin, USA... not sure if that counts as East or West
     
  18. Ryker

    Ryker Active Member

    Posting for temporarily computerless Juu to say that he is interested.
     
  19. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    Updates:
    • Current Teams == North America vs The world. If 4+ more from the States sign up, USA vs The world.
    • Format - Bo3, Med Timer, Counterpick.
    • When a player loses a Bo3, they are out of the tournament, first team to lose all of its players loses.
    • If 10+ players for each team, first round everyone will play their matches simultaneously, after that, one match at a time. <10 players, matches one at a time.
    • Winners of matches cannot play again until the rest of their team has played.
    Any questions/comments/suggestions are welcome.
     
  20. AhhDee!

    AhhDee! Member

    I'm in, haha this sounds really fun!
    For USA, West Coast baby! Representing Alaska. :D
     
  21. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

  22. Oni

    Oni Active Member

    I'll have to withdraw my place because of weekend work. Not anybody's fault.
     
  23. deluks917

    deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

    I am confirming I am coming.

    "I'm coming out! Comin...out. I'm comin out, I'm comin....out"
     
  24. cpat

    cpat Active Member

    So basically, I can make this (for the US/North America) if I'm one of the first few to play. I'll be available until about 11 AM EST (1600 GMT).

    EDIT: If sign-ups are closed, I will casually enter as an alt.
     
  25. the-cap

    the-cap Active Member

    Hey sorry, as I said in the other thread. Thats like the one weekend I'm busy for the next month or so.
     
  26. Targies_Dog

    Targies_Dog New Member

    Hmm this is a bad time for me, I often go for walks at this time, if I am not busy at that time maybe I can represent my home land of Siberia? I am like the best Yomi player from there.
     
  27. Ryker

    Ryker Active Member

    Ryker (Rook), Deluks (Geiger), Volly (Grave). Team USA cannot possibly lose. I may have some details wrong.
     
  28. deluks917

    deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

  29. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    If anybody else knows for sure that they can't make it, lmk.
     
  30. Mililani

    Mililani Well-Known Member

    Dog we can't play it is a bad time for us. Also you were born in England.
     
  31. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    Got you signed up.

    Also if one more US player would like to sign up, teams will change to USA vs The World to even it out.
     
  32. I need to bow out, as it turns out I need to work that morning. On the upside, that may balance things to make US v. the World work.
     
  33. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    A shame so many people have dropped/can't make it. But due to A Man In Black's working and moving Volc we now have World vs USA

    Get Hyped!!
     
  34. Juushichi

    Juushichi Well-Known Member

    I am still here most likely.
     
  35. cpat

    cpat Active Member

    Confirming. Also, just reminding everyone that I have to leave by 11:30 EST (1630 GMT).
     
  36. deluks917

    deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

    I am still in!
     
  37. Ryker

    Ryker Active Member

    I've still got this.
     
  38. Khel

    Khel New Member

    If still possible to enter, I can join european ranks. Time works fine for me this time!
     
  39. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    I'll sign you up as an alt for now. If you can find another USA player to sign up as well, I'll sign both of you up so teams keep an equal number of players.
     
  40. Nathan

    Nathan Well-Known Member

    Reconfirming my participation. Let it not be said I am a dropout in game related things!
     
  41. Aesa

    Aesa Well-Known Member

    ugh,i think like 70% chance i can make this, 30% chance i might be driving 15 hours this day. 
     
  42. Choke Artist

    Choke Artist Well-Known Member

    If you miss it, there is a 100% chance of letting down your country.
     
    cpat likes this.
  43. Turbo164

    Turbo164 Well-Known Member

    *Might* be able to be an Alternate for USA. Would certainly prefer to see Aesa represent us though :oops:

    Also:

    There are some numbers excluded here :psyduck:
     
  44. Bob199

    Bob199 Well-Known Member

    I just don't like the number 10. If anyone else wants to sign up as an alt, that would be helpful.

    3 more days of hype!
     
  45. Kawaiiness

    Kawaiiness Active Member

    I cannot play on this date :(. It's my very good friend's birthday that evening. I'm sorry team USA, my post to join was pre finalized date. Sad to miss it.
     
  46. deluks917

    deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

    USA became less kawaii :(
     
  47. Arghy

    Arghy Active Member

    I don't think I can make it on the 11th. I'm sorry, Finland, I've failed you! :(
     
  48. Aesa

    Aesa Well-Known Member

    i will definitely make it, but can I be like 2 hours late? 8 AM CST is super early for me... lol. If it needs to be 8 though I'll wake up for it
     
  49. Choke Artist

    Choke Artist Well-Known Member

    No, you can be on time. If I'm getting up early for this, so are you...
     
    deluks917 and cpat like this.
  50. deluks917

    deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

    Round1 is everybody plays. So you need to be on time.
     

Share This Page