[Low content] Hey guys, everyone do this!

Discussion in 'Kongai virtual card game' started by garcia1000, Aug 29, 2008.

1. garcia1000

garcia1000 World Champion Staff Member

This forum used to have a really good signal to noise ratio. Clicking here should bring it back to where it was!
  2. Kadir

Kadir Well-Known Member

Now now, no need to be mean...

okay, nevermind, there is. Click the link, people!
  3. TruePurple

TruePurple New Member

Stop spamming the forum with crap garcia, you bring the noise not me. Posting posts/threads that have no content and whos sole purpose is to offend. So it should be you that is mass ignored not me.
  4. Sirlin

Sirlin Steward of the Realm Staff Member

Note to someone who keep reporting posts. I have never ever in my life deleted a post by anyone unless they were a spam bot instead of a human. This includes things I disagree with. garcia's insults are not even within 1,000 miles of something that would be deleted. Free speech zone here, and all the good and bad that goes with it.
  5. esiex3

esiex3 Active Member

No threads with content eh? Garcia's posts have so much more substance and are way more significant than your posts.
  6. Milskidasith

Milskidasith Active Member

EsIeX, I'm giving my benefit of the doubt to the person who wasn't originally being a troll, which would be purple, in this case. My benefit of the doubt implies that he isn't trying to annoy us, just grossly misinformed, and that he meant all the crap posts garcia has been making, as of late, against him (and other users) that don't contribute anything to topics at hand.

So I'm going to have to give this one to purple. Garcia's clearly better at the game and better at thinking things out.... but he's still in the wrong here, and while Purple shouldn't have retaliated like he did, we have no reason to assume Purple is simply trying to make dumb suggestions.
  7. esiex3

esiex3 Active Member

I'm not trying to say that purple is trying to make dumb suggestions or trying to be a troll. I'm saying that garcia's contributed way more than purple thinks he has. IMO garcia's one of the most valuable players who posts here.

Then again, to be fair, garcia has kinda been cruel to truepurple.
  8. TruePurple

TruePurple New Member

As Milskidasith said (this part anyways) I speak to posts that have no content(flaming spam) Not to every post garcia has ever made. But I've seen garcia make alot of said posts, especially as of late but before then too (before I even came here, he was making no content posts on the kongregate forum) Not just against me either, but I'm his prime target now.

Garcia would gladly justify his behavior away but it really isn't justified. Such posts only serve to increase bad feelings all around, presumably that is his goal since he just keeps doing it without stopping to consider the impact.(or he likes said impact of hard feelings)
  9. ShigityShank

ShigityShank New Member

I don't assume he's trying to make dumb suggestions. I assume he's dumb and trying to make suggestions.

I've tried to be nice to him and I've also tried to convince him he is incorrect. Neither was very effective and he just got more and more defensive and insulting. He plays the victim card in nearly every one of his posts, and apparently tried to report garcia for trolling (which is really amusing to me).

I have no problem with people who disagree with me. But if a person is just being immature and obstinate, I don't think it's worth my time to do anything but ridicule them.
  10. vasifan

vasifan New Member

To be honest Garcia is the #2 bigger flamer i ever met. #1 Is NicolBolas.

The fact is that they have 1 HUUUUUGE difference. Garcia kinda owns the right to flame when he heres something rediculous about the game, because he has the skill and the experience.

I dont say its right... It would be for the best if he was able to make the other to understand were he is wrond. (Chadmiller could teach him i believe).

Anyway... Threads about the game people. THE GAME!
  11. garcia1000

Hey man,

If I could be as level-headed and polite and calm as ChadMiller, I certainly would! I'm bad at that, though :(
  12. Milskidasith

Vasifan: They day you can prove to me anybody is "justified" for being an asshole by being good as something is the day I shred my computer up, sharpen all the bits to razor edges, and eat the chunks until I'm hospitalized. Even though Purple is, quite clearly, dumb and making suggestions, and playing the victim card, yadda yadda, at the very least, in this thread, he's right and Garcia's wrong.
  13. Purechance

Purechance Member

I am normally not a bandwagon type person, but man, I am getting pushed more and more where I can definitely see where you are coming from Garcia...
  14. vasifan

vasifan New Member

Being an asshole is flaming for no reason man...

Flaming for a stupid thing you hear is something else. (Cant hold your temper and stuff, sorry i dont know the word in english.)

Im not saying that Garcia is right. I just feel i understand him a bit, cause I also get frustrated when people don't have common sense, and act bad.

Garcia does the following:
    1)Spots a stupid thing stated about Kongai by someone inexperienced.
    2)Thinks off all the reasons he knows that prove the statement wrong.
    3)Gets angry with the person: (Quote: Dont speak if you dont know what you're talking about naab!)
    4)Flames so that the person thinks twice next time he will open his mouth/posts.
    His experience and skill give him the reason and the escuse to do so.

You dont have to eat your computer, the way you mentioned, because that would turn you to be either a Retard or an Emo kid...
  15. Milskidasith

Flaming for a stupid thing you here, instead of correcting somebody, eh? The English word is "asshole." Maybe "jackass" if you aren't too mean about it.
  16. poormofo

poormofo New Member

Sure, that sentence made sense in the post above. But if you take this completely out of context with out reading the whole thread, it's hilarious. Those whiny Emo kids, always eating their computers.
  17. Taimat

Taimat New Member

Actually Mils, the English term would be arsehole. Crumpets and tea n' all that, y'know?

Now ordinarily I would be the first person to call Garcia a relatively long stream of insults for this stuff, but I can see what he means. All of true's threads have been misinformed, pointless suggestions followed by claims of victimisation and ignorance for disagreeing. And Garcia doesnt exactly seem to be the most mild mannered person ever to begin with.
  18. vasifan

vasifan New Member

You cant accuse someone for being an arsehole or whatever because he happens to lose his temper easier than you, or because he likes to make people rethink / think more / think better using another method than explaining.

A smart person can tell when someone is flamed because of his ignorance or because the flamer likes to act superior.

Also if you try to correct some people they just wear earshields and stick to their oppinion moving their head and saying: "yeah yeah whatever"

Sollution: Flame / Ignore. Flaming is more fun, ignoring is more arrogant. Which one you chose?
  19. garcia1000

Mild-mannered garcia1000 would like to see Emo Milskidasith eat a computer. Please make this happen!
  20. TruePurple

TruePurple New Member

Garcia might indeed have good skills, I wouldn't know. He also has even more ego then skill. As evidenced by his unwillingness to ever consider anothers view that differs from his own.(well I've not seen it)

Even if you were sure of your side, arguement, POV, being a jerk just to offend someone as a way of letting off steam is stupid & unproductive. Someone being attacked like that is more likely to entrench then listen. Especially since garcia doesn't even argue his point of view. He just states something as fact most of the time and expects people to accept it because of his name. So theres little to listen to, from him.

For that matter allowing ones self to get that angry at such piddly crap as finding someones disagreement stupid, is stupid. I could easily imagine garcia as some dumb bully you see at school who gets off on picking on people. Or perhaps as one of those bully hanger ons who likes watching and participating in bulling but doesn't like being the front man.

Me playing the victim? So your saying its all in my head? Riiiight. This thread is just more evidence.

@Milskidasith
    You clearly don't like me or anything I've said. So its very impressive to see you stand up to principles like that. A shame more don't follow your example. I guess your kinda character is rare around here.

Oh well. In the end its just some forum. One with a extremely poisonous atmosphere. And here is Garcia throwing up more shit for the fun of.
  21. JacobOrLove

JacobOrLove New Member

My gameplay has improved basically every time I read a garcia post where he talks about Kongai. I guess you just have nothing to learn from him?
  22. Teh_Shadrin

Teh_Shadrin New Member

Personally, I don't accept what he says just because of his name, and I highly doubt most people here do either. I accept what he says because he's right. Even the times he doesn't bother to explain himself, I can take the conclusion and see what kind of reasoning would lead me there, and see if it's correct, which it usually is.

I also doubt that garcia is actually angry, he makes those posts to amuse himself, and he is even more amused when you respond in such a manner.

Yes, you're playing the victim, or at least, that's what your posts look like, even if you don't see it yourself. You would get much better results if you were to focus only on your arguments and counter-arguments, and not attacking people specifically and complaining about perceived bias and groupthink. If you wouldn't take everything personally, you would be a much happier forum-goer.
  23. TruePurple

TruePurple New Member

When you have enough people spending at least as many words or more just insulting you as they are even discussing the topic (and even then work in insults, or just post just to insult)... "Victim" isn't exactly inappropriate. I don't go woe is me by it, but its fair to say that such behavior shows bias & group think.

Especially since often blatent contradictions in various arguements of different people are totally ignored (or given lame justification or flat out denial) to the point where it seems obvious that noone in the group wishes to seem to be outside of the group and risk being on the other side with me(with the amazing exception of one person to a certain degree in this thread) The evidence in this alone of group think seems to be ironclad.

I'd be glad to focus only on argument and counter argument. But I seem to be one of the few. I ignore the crap for a bit but it gets to me and I finally respond. Perhaps I shouldn't. But considering the volume of it..

Take it personally? How can one not take it personal? Theres nothing generalized about it.
  24. Teh_Shadrin

Teh_Shadrin New Member

If you ignore it, it would go away, they only level more insults at you because you show that it succeeds in affecting you. You're hardly blameless yourself, you have insulted quite a bit yourself. Perhaps personally wasn't the best word choice there, but basically, it only affects you if you let it affect you, as cliche as that sounds, it's true.
  25. TruePurple

TruePurple New Member

Maybe teh shadrin, I will consider it.
  26. garcia1000

I would like to say that although I can't see what TruePurple is typing, if I was moderating this forum I would not ban him, because he amuses me very much
  27. ShigityShank

ShigityShank New Member

-"How do you know when someone is playing the victim card?" (Yahoo Answers: the best resource I could find after a few minutes of searching :confused:. But the answer given is sufficient.)
    -fair

-blatant/obvious
    -evidence

I've had plenty of disagreements and some pretty heated arguments with people on this board, garcia and FinalSlayer included. But I can respect those people and the fact that they have a different opinion.

If I hadn't already seen your willingness to twist reality to conform to your view, I wouldn't have believed you could actually think this. Anyone who's read even a few of your posts knows this is far from true.

Can you point out someone who has responded to anything you've written that you haven't become aggressively confrontational and personal with?

You've distorted disagreements about facts into personal attacks on yourself.
    That's what I think he meant. The actual personal attacks on you have obviously been personal, but that doesn't make them incorrect.

Like this, for example, you should take personally:
    I don't respect you or your opinions because you arrogantly dismiss anything that doesn't agree with you 100%. As you are unable to admit that there is even a chance you could be mistaken, or provide evidence to support your points rather than anecdotes and vague allusions, I'm not wasting my time trying to convince you that you're wrong, and will instead be ridiculing what you write.
  28. MaddAddams

MaddAddams New Member

This thread has made reading the board much more enjoyable for me the past week or so. Just saying.
  29. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Well-Known Member

I was galvanized by a certain other individual's bullcrap. :)

TruePurple: To be honest, I think some of the attacks on you have been a little over the top. However, I haven't bothered to say anything because you really do react to any kind of strong disagreement like a wounded little girl. There have been other people that made somewhat noobish posts, were strongly disagreed with, and reacted in a similar fashion, but they quickly reformed and somehow manage not to get in any fights even when posting things that like no one agrees with.
  30. FinalSlayer

FinalSlayer Banned

Milsk, you probably think you're a very intellectually precocious individual, but the fact of the matter is that you're 14 years old, and lack a proper understanding of either ethics or how to run an intelligent message board.

I'm actually a moderator of a subforum on an extremely large message board, about 70,000 members. All combined, there are probably about 70-100 different mods and admins on there.

Every single one of them, no matter their intelligence, age, background, or general personality, doesn't have the slightest moral qualm about deleting the posts of or banning anyone who writes consistently stupid posts, and then foolishly argues about it.

And they have even less problem with calling someone out for retarded posts. Frankly, if he thinks anything on this board has been harsh, the posts on there would put someone like TruePurple on suicide watch.

Hell, I'm probably the nicest mod on that entire forum, since I've only had to delete a couple of posts, never banned anyone, and have even argued with idiots when I could have done either of the previous two.

So Milsk, your advocacy for the mentally handicapped is exemplary, but misguided and wrong.

And oh yeah, if I was a mod on here, I wouldn't do anything to TruePurple, either. However, I would institute a staple of the message board I am a mod on, the rep point.

That would make things much more obvious.
  31. TruePurple

TruePurple New Member

How ever big your obviously low quality board is (size does not = quality) being a mod there or describing other bad behavior of mods does not justify anything.

I've been on any number of forums. The rules are usually pretty cut and dry, what ever you think of someones thoughts, you do not become insulting. Group think aside, each person has their own idea of what constitutes "stupid" Often people assume that people who disagree with them are stupid. So such a concept becomes a mandate of agreeing with consensus or free reign of nastiness against you (with no productive results, just hurt feelings and the sadists get their rocks off) That has clearly been whats happening there.

Basically your suggesting its ok to mud sling and get personal and insulting for no particular purpose. Most of the crap that has been flung at me, has not been directed at what I'm saying but my person. You yourself have done a mix of the two, but when its directed at what I wrote, it often still has no bearing on the topic at hand. It feels like your trying to invent conflict for conflicts sake. Which would go back to what Teh Shadrin was saying.

What Milskidasith is talking about shows a maturity that plenty here lack. That he be 14 (if that be the case) then it just shows up all the rest off us all the more. Its a basic understanding of productive and unproductive ways of treating people that many adults outside of finalslayers message board understand(though don't always follow in practice, none of us are perfect)
  32. FinalSlayer

FinalSlayer Banned

It's actually very high quality. The system for banning idiots, or at the least discouraging them from extended posting is foolproof, and has been proven to work for the four years I've been a member there.

And there are very rarely any flamewars on there as a result; most discussion is well-focused, intelligent, and insightful for both parties.

There's no reason to institute it on a smaller forum like this, but the rep point idea is a good one. An easy, clear visual marker to delineate between smart and stupid users. Sounds good to me.

You might not listen to me, but NYU Professor and Internet Expert Clay Shirky, of www.shirky.com, disagrees with your statement above.

In fact, he mentions a number of large forums that eventually failed and became overrun precisely because a large group of idiots signed up, started posting, and ran around unchecked, like so many feces-throwing monkeys.

Oh, come on, now. Not even you believe that.

People gain that perception from badly misspelled words, shoddy grammar, simplistic and poorly thought-out arguments, an ignorance of mathematics, biased and intellectually dishonest examples, arrogant presentation, and a lack of understanding of others' points of view, whether due to willful refusal to consider them, or horrid reading comprehension.

You know, basically all the things you've been guilty of.
  33. Milskidasith

Insults off the bat, and bringing the age card into it as well. This ought to be interesting. By the way, this is all stream of concious, I like to do that to mix my replies up sometimes. Whatever it is, I'm guessing it has to deal with you trying to prove yourself superior to me.

Using past moderator experience (at a board you didn't link to, as well) as a way to prove yourself right. Let's see if this pans out into the "I'm awesome for being a mod, my sites way is the only way, my site is perfect" concept I'm hear all too often.

So a site that bans based on intelligence and not actual rules... I can somewhat understand if you are a board for serious debate, but with 70K members I honestly can't see how you could manage to keep a serious debate forum afloat. Any other forum and you would be what Gamefaqs would call "elitist ass/arseholes." Myself, I'd just realize that there are better boards that don't have to use their numbers as a prop.

So your board IS filled with assholes who take pride in making people they deem inferior suffer. "Elitist asshole" sums you guys up pretty well at this point.

The nicest mod, at a forum that's supposedly intelligent, opens up by bringing my age into question, strawmanning my motives, and personally insulting me? Wow, your site really must be a spawn of hell at this rate. How you manage to know the personalities of 100 other mods is also a bit weird, but that's pretty irrelevant to this argument. Oh, and another small point I just realized: How is it you can claim that I have no idea how to run anything if you don't seem to have any experience iether? A mod who only had to delete a couple of posts? I've had to make harder decisions admining an almost always vacant TF2 server, for God's sake, and for all you know I've done plenty more than that elsewhere.

Ah. Because your way is the only way, logical fallacies about how your site is great so you must be great so your logic must be great, and trying to, in general, look at the issue from both sides are all "wrong." Hell, I wouldn't even call you wrong, and I'm starting to feel a lot of contempt for you. Maybe I'd call you out on your bullshit logic (OK, I am) but calling you wrong is an utterly foolish thing to do, because it opens you up to so many attacks. I can't be "wrong" in this issue, because it's a way of making things work. You make things work by being elitist enough to prevent anybody who doesn't fit your standards from entering, and I'd make things work by letting everybody go about their business unless things started to get personal.

The rep point... 70k members... elitist... Oh god, you sound like a mod from the ctrl alt delete forums. I seriously hope not, because what little respect for you I had left would be gone if that were true.

I won't even go into why the rep point simply makes people instantly like or dislike people without even meeting them (even in a "fair" system where everyone has the same rep giving power), and cut to the chase. If you want to use the will of the masses as a way of choosing who to pick on, then you need to think a little more, considering the will of the masses brought us lovely things like slavery and religious oppression. I suppose in a pinch the rep point is a good idea, but if you are using it for anything other than a way for users to not have to deal with meeting a person before hating them, something went seriously wrong with your logic.
  34. Milskidasith

Foolproof, eh? Anything that's foolproof is bound to be a bit too strict for my tastes, even if I'm rarely, if ever, being accused of being stupid. Just curious about what the method is, though. If it's simply "ban anybody stupid" then I'm not exactly impressed.

I know tons of forums without flamewars and intelligent discussion that don't ban the idiots there. The Escapist forums spring to mind. They do like to point out bad grammar and such, but they aren't nearly as strict on stupidity as they are on any kind of personal attack. I mean, they delete the obvious posts, like someone just saying "PIE!" in the middle of a debate, but I have not seen them ban for somebody just being dumb about whatever subject they are discussing.

You really think that it's a good thing that people can instantly know "Kiss up to this person, he's a really well liked mod you have no chance in hell of disagreeing with" or "you can do what you want to that person, he's an idiot!" Without actually having to meet the person and form their own opinion?

I'll block those two together: Give us actual sources or that entire argument is useless. Anybody who's even had some basic debates knows something as simple as that. I'm not going to do your research for you, and I'm damn well not going to assume that the person personally insulting me in one post is going to be honorable about his sources in the next.

This may be the only part I actually agree with you on, but it still goes back to the basic point that Garcia has no right to be an asshole and unless your forum is for serious debate there is no reason to ban somebody for being stupid.
  35. garcia1000

What this board needs is funny cartoons to lighten the mood!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  36. FinalSlayer

FinalSlayer Banned

Consistently stupid posts get mocked, either through rep points or posts by other members, and if the person persists in being an idiot, makes posts about victimized, and/or argues with mods, they are banned.

Simple, but effective. I can post the forum if you want.

Oh God, is this a bad joke? I've never posted on there, but I do enjoy watching Yahtzee's videos, and there's a link to the forum from his material there.

Based on what I've seen, the forum is a giant cesspool of idiot, immature, nerdy teenagers. If that's your idea of a good forum, then come back to this topic in another 5 years or so.

Again, you're nowhere near as smart or mature as you think you are, and considering you're an arrogant 14 year old, that's hardly surprising.

Simply put, all your assumptions above are wrong. No one sucks up to anyone. Rep is periodically reset, and even without that, people who used to have horrible neg rep can go the exact opposite direction by making good posts, and vice versa.

The point is not to treat the forum as an extension of real life, but not to treat it as a teenage chatroom, either. It's to make intelligent, funny, informed posts.

Okay, if you're too goddamn lazy to make two mouse clicks, I'll reduce your horrible, painstaking research to just one mouse click;

http://shirky.com/writings/group_enemy.html

Now read that, think about it, and hopefully write me a post slightly less retarded than the one I'm responding to right now.

No one wants to ban him, myself included, my point is that your post crying over the fact that he's a "victim" is both irrelevant and wrong, since he would receive the same reaction anywhere.

And the forum I moderate isn't for serious debate either, but there's a difference between good posts, and bad ones, regardless of the core subject.

Edit

Love garcia's comic. Should have Photoshopped "TP" every place there is a "Nate".
  37. jayelsee

jayelsee Member

This is gold. :D
  38. Milskidasith

Encouraging people to be jackasses isn't exactly good policy. It may be effective, but it isn't exactly nice.

I'd like to see the forum, considering, at the very least, I have no clue if it even exists.

Maybe you got dropped off at the wrong forum... The place is extremely mature. The only place where it really isn't is on the comments on Yahtzee's videos, and even though they may be stupid, they don't ban people for that. They also tend to attempt to correct people's grammar rather than mock them for it, and it works pretty well, considering in the few months I've been there I've seen users who would potentially be annoyances grow into decent writers, instead of simply being banned and finding another forum to pester.

Again, you being a mod of a subforum that apparantly gets no activity needing moderation does not give you any clue about just how mature or smart I am. In fact, every time you mention my age, you seem to prove that I'm more mature than you, because I haven't even had to mention anything outside of this argument, let alone make the assumptions about your motives or use your age as a flimsy sheild against real logic.

How was I supposed to know it was reset? Anyway, I'm going based on my experience, and in my experiences every forum with rep immediatly labeled one person "good" or "bad" based on their rep. And sucking up to authority figures is something that's entirely too common everywhere, and I seriously doubt the forum you are a small cog in is any better.

And this post is? All it seems to be is a personal attack.

I already found the link you are about to post. I'm simply pointing out simple ethics. Just like you would hold the door open for your date, despite the fact it doesn't serve any real purpose, it's something you should uphold. Likewise, you should, when attempting to prove a point, be nice about it (which you failed) and provide actual links to any sources you cite (again, you failed[until now])

So how did somebody who seems to enjoy being as rude as possible get to be a mod? If you do have to insult me, at the very least back it up, please.

Show me ONE time I mentioned the word "victim" and "TruePurple" in the way you are thinking. The ONLY thing I mentioned was the fact that, in the context of this thread, Truepurple really is in the right, because Garcia is being a jackass. Whether or not TP deserves it (personally, I do think he's a pest and a severe annoyance) is not the question. It's simply that Garcia doesn't have any right to be a jackass just because Purple is being an idiot, because then we have two pests going around instead of one.
    And the forum I moderate isn't for serious debate either, but there's a difference between good posts, and bad ones, regardless of the core subject.
  39. garcia1000

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for TruePurple and curse FinalSlayer; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that TruePurple's posts, while stupid, probably waste space and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, helps Kongai. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on the boards, you need me on the boards. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use them as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very knowledge I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way.
  40. Milskidasith

I'm honestly not sure whether or not that's a quote from somewhere or Garcia just got entirely serious... Either way, it doesn't really apply. I'm not saying TP's intelligent or that you haven't helped Kongai at all... I'm just saying you don't need to be a jackass to help Kongai and that TP isn't entirely wrong in the context of this topic.
  41. Taimat

Taimat New Member

Not ENTIRELY wrong, no. But when he starts to insinuate everyone other than you (For sticking up for him) as being an idiot...Yeah.

And Damn Garcia...That sounds very familiar, but I cant remember what film its from.
  42. Milskidasith

I admit, him insinuating that I'm actually sticking up for him entirely and that everyone else is an idiot isn't my intention. I'm only "sticking up for him" in the fact that he is the vaguely "better" of the two evils: "Idiot or asshole."

Or, rather, he was. At this point, Garcia's being funny and True's back to being annoying, so I really can't say I still think TP's in the right, but at the time of posting, and to what I'm replying to with FS, I had no reason to beleive that TP was in the wrong and Garcia was justified.

Also, I think I may be wrong here, but Garcia's quote may have been from something where there were two alien races, one that would nuture all the people and another that would attempt to kill them, both of them attempting to make everything better because the one that tried to kill them would only leave the strong surviving. I'm probably wrong, though.
  43. TruePurple

TruePurple New Member

Thats from the movie "A Few Good Men" I haven't seen most of it. But I know some of the basics (and saw most of the main scene some time ago) like that the man who speaks those words (after saying that famous line "You can't handle the truth!") convicts himself with with those words. Basically a soldier gets hazed to death even though before this health problems that might tell them that such could kill them, are ignored. Or something like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Few_Good_Men

Its kind of funny that garcia would use the flawed arguments of the villian in the movie who was directly connected with the soldiers death. Who suggested this young mans needless death was for some absurd greater good.

You putting my name in that comic garcia is not proof in itself that I use that kind of logic. You thinking any differently shows your kind of logic(deeply flawed, just like your movie quote use) I'm sure you will claim its just a joke, thats the last fall back, the ultimate excuse, of jackasses everywhere.
  44. Milskidasith

Just to make it perfectly clear: I am not sticking up for TruePurple in the present tense. I am only defending the fact that, at the time I said Garcia was in the wrong way early in the thread, (and considering I had been away from the boards and hadn't seen many other TP posts), Garcia was in the wrong (and the later statement that you can't justify somebody being an asshole, ever.)
  45. Taimat

Taimat New Member

Wouldnt that be Warhammer 40K?

Anyway, FS is being a bit of a tit with the 'I'm a mod on a big forum and you're only 14 so Im right' crap.

Also, I predict a post from TP about you just joining the bandwagon, and probably ignoring everything anybody said :p
  46. Milskidasith

That sums up my argument quite well.
  47. TruePurple

TruePurple New Member

*points up to the last post he made*
  48. Milskidasith

Do you really *want* somebody to notice your post and rip it to shreds? Wouldn't it feel great to just feel like somebody saw your post, shrugged, and continued on with their lives without thinking they have to point out all the flaws in it?
  49. FinalSlayer

FinalSlayer Banned

Way to completely ignore, and attempt to change the subject of the discussion.

We're talking about how a message board stays healthy and productive. I told you one such method, which is specifically mentioned by a very smart professor, and practiced by one of the largest and most intelligent web forums in existence.

You chose to ignore all this, and have reverted to your 14 year old childish idiocy about "being nice", or, my personal favorite later on in your post, "holding open a door for your date" (thanks for making it painfully obvious you're a virgin, also). Okay, fine. Come back in six years to this discussion, when you're mature enough to handle it.

http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/index.php
  50. Milskidasith

Did I really do that? Or why don't you think for a moment on it. Which would you rather: An effective tactic that didn't piss off people, or an effective tactic that did.

Since when were we talking about message boards? You only brought that up to further your own credentials. By all means, I assumed we were talking about *gasp* the topic at hand, which was whether or not Garcia could justifiably act like an ass. The only points I made about message boards were about the fact that your way, IE being a jackass to those who don't meet your standards, wasn't the only or even the best way to run things. Also, your web forum isn't nearly the largest and I doubt it's the most intelligent in existence, especially considering the two are generally seperated by a wide margin.

You claim you are smart and mature... and then post this. I could post the obligatory snide comment about how any forum with you in it at all, let alone modding, couldn't possibly be intelligent if you generally act like this, but instead I'm going to simply ignore you from now on and let you make an ass of yourself. It might be fun, and, after all, you've probably lost so much credit with everybody here that you can't justify your ravings to anybody but yourself.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm not going to ignore you, if only because you might interpret it as a victory, when it really means you are so offensive and illogical that trying to have any kind of civilized debate with you is impossible.

Just went to the site... Yep, definatly not the largest. Intelligence is yet to be determined, but really, having only 60k users makes your forum downright small.