Match-up Chart

Discussion in 'Puzzle-Strike: Bag of Chips' started by skies, Jun 18, 2012.

1. skies

skies Active Member

This is a chart showing the match-ups as listed in the strategy guides posted on the forums. Read by row then column. A * means a match-up they love and a X means a match-up they fear. I couldn't find a guide on Troq.

__ GRA JAI MID SET ROO DEG VAL GEI LUM ARG QUI ONI TRQ BBB MEN PER GLO GWN VEN ZAN
    GRA /// ___|___|_X_|___|___|_*_|___|___|___|___|_*_|_X_|___|___|___|___|___|_*_|_*_
    JAI ___ ///|___|_*_|___|___|_X_|___|___|_*_|___|_X_|_*_|___|_X_|_*_|___|___|___|___
    MID ___|_X_|///|___|_*_|___|_X_|___|___|_*_|_*_|_X_|___|___|___|___|_*_|___|___|___
    SET _*_|_X_|_X_|///|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___
    ROO ___|_X_|___|_*_|///|_*_|___|___|___|_X_|_*_|___|___|___|___|___|_*_|___|_X_|_X_
    DEG ___|___|_X_|_X_|_X_|///|_*_|_*_|___|___|___|___|___|___|_*_|___|_*_|___|_X_|_X_
    VAL _X_|_*_|_*_|_X_|_*_|___|///|___|___|___|_X_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___
    GEI ___|___|_*_|_X_|_*_|_X_|___|///|___|___|___|___|___|___|_X_|___|___|___|_X_|___
    LUM _X_|___|___|_X_|___|_*_|___|___|///|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|_X_|___
    ARG ___|_X_|_X_|___|___|___|_*_|___|_*_|///|___|___|___|_X_|___|___|___|_*_|___|___
    QUI ___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|///|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___
    ONI _X_|_*_|_*_|_X_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|///|___|___|___|___|___|___|_*_|___
    TRQ ___|_X_|___|___|___|___|_X_|___|___|___|_*_|___|///|___|___|___|_*_|___|_X_|___
    BBB ___|_X_|_X_|___|___|___|___|___|___|_*_|___|___|___|///|___|_*_|___|___|___|_X_
    MEN ___|_*_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|_X_|___|___|///|___|___|___|___|___
    PER ___|___|___|_*_|___|___|_*_|___|___|_X_|___|___|_*_|_X_|___|///|_*_|_*_|___|_X_
    GLO _X_|___|_X_|_X_|_X_|_*_|_*_|___|___|___|___|_*_|_X_|_*_|_*_|___|///|___|_*_|___
    GWN ___|___|___|_X_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|_X_|///|_X_|_X_
    VEN ___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|_*_|___|_*_|_X_|_*_|___|___|___|_X_|_*_|///|___
    ZAN _X_|___|___|___|___|___|_X_|_*_|___|___|___|___|___|_X_|___|___|___|_*_|___|///

I find the asymmetry interesting and it seems Zane feels weak against BBB and BBB feels weak against Zane.

2. rabid_schnauzer

rabid_schnauzer Well-Known Member

Troq Guide: http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/troq-strategery-guide.5793/

He beats up on Quince and often Gloria, he has real trouble against Vendetta, and (on a lot of banks) Val. Although I've changed my mind against about how he fares vs Jaina - he might have a minor disadvantage but it seems to be mainly dependent on bank and opening draws.

I suspect the asymmetry is due to both an immature understanding of the game and the guides having multiple authors.

Specifically as to Zane / BBB - Zane's playstyle is so chaotic and adaptable that I suspect everyone feels weak against Zane the first few times they play him. Conversely, BBB has a few banks which make him nigh unbeatable.