MTG-style card games on iPad

Discussion in 'General Chit-chat' started by garcia1000, Apr 26, 2012.

1. garcia1000

garcia1000 World Champion Staff Member

Hey guys.

Assassin's Creed: Recollection

This is a free to play card game with what looks like, amazingly quick to get cards for free. I would like to play against people! Anyone?

System:

It is real time. There are 5 color types for cards: red, green, purple, blue, black, and yellow, which is uncolored. Your deck can only contain yellow cards and up to two colors, so it is sort of like enforced dual-color decks.

There are two ways to score points: through zones, and through people. They are basically two ways of fighting. Also there are instants, which resolve quickly. It is pretty fun.

2. pkt-zer0

pkt-zer0 Well-Known Member

0/10, no PC version.

*sadface*

3. link6616

link6616 Well-Known Member

See topic title, iPad.

Card Kombat, Spectromancer, on iOS... everything other than card names/art is identical, even developer iirc

4. pkt-zer0

pkt-zer0 Well-Known Member

It does not say iPad exclusive though, and I like digital card games, so I was hopeful. There are a couple games like that that are cross-platform (mostly thanks to using Unity, iirc)

5. link6616

link6616 Well-Known Member

Oh you've reminded me. Shadow Era is supposed to be good but I haven't played it. Cross platform

6. Lemmingrad

Lemmingrad Well-Known Member

Recently got back into playing it now that there's single player means to get gold. Still haven't worked out a way to win the challenge of "your agents have no power and your sites have no influence" but then too lazy to build a new deck.

But yeah, I'll play ya.

And you can't forget the secret third way to win, via Juno (I've had ot happen to me once.)

7. garcia1000

I won that challenge with a Borgia tower rush. Your agents start with zero power, but they can be boosted by Beautiful Heiress and Borgia tower. And the 0 cost guy's powerup to 4/4 is unaffected, too.

How do I add someone to my game center list to play friends?

8. Lemmingrad

I think I already got you on my friend list.

9. garcia1000

Oh found it!
    My Game Center ID is "garcia10000"
    ten thousand

10. Gon

Gon Active Member

So, several weeks later, how is this game?

11. Lemmingrad

Garcia and I haven't tried very hard to get a match together for AC:R (like, not at all) So I can't say how much I suck compared to him. I never really tried to get matches with friends on gamecenter cause I lack friends who play ios games online.

It is sort of neat seeing the trading market. I bought the game launch day back when it was not f2p, or had a trading market, or a way to get gold outside of ranked matches (which considering I was an early adopter, meant being pitted against the top 100 players, so I was constantly owned by far better constructed decks)

Just say when it launched it was painful for me to get cards (can't remember but it was something like 100 gold cap a day, and you needed something like 10 games to get it) and I wasn't gonna buy gold. I basically stopped because waiting 5-10 days to get a chance at Mix or Assassin booster packs, and gamble, while getting owned by people who have 5 copies of powerful rare cards.

Now with the new trading system and single player challenge maps, getting gold and the cards you want is a lot easier.

That said I've talked about it once on a thread about ccgs and controlling space, and how it used time as a way to make controlling space work, and it's still one of my favourite aspects of the game. The tense mindgames that happen when do you want to save your counter cards or bait counter cards while the clock creeps was what had me interested before being turned off by the ccg "you might get a card you want from the booster pack" element.

12. garcia1000

gamecenter interface is like ZZZ------ for finding friends. I heard that one of their priorities was moving to uplay and their own servers. Maybe that would solve the random disconnects and bad networking too!

The game is still really fun for me. The only part I don't really like is fast battler. Like, when you have two borgia towers facing each other, and a clash is just about to end. Then you frantically try to get your guy there first so he gets the buff. I hate those.

It seems really easy to get cards in this game, dunno.

13. Lemmingrad

Not saying that it's not really easy now, saying it used to be a pain (unless you paid real money for gold)