Polarity Hunt 2

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by curiousCat, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ...ok I have no idea what I meant when my phone corrected it to monsoons, buy I was basically saying that Kai and Soulless are pretty much 100% scum, and that Soulless is prolly Seymour.

Also, RedRobe talked last night so was definitely alive, if that's of any help to anyone.
  2. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

To be clear, Souless was told to vote for himself twice, posted under his own name that he thought the double vote was automatic, then Seymour voted for him.

If we assume witches were truthfully coordinating in dead chat, Kai asked Ixta if she was LC, which she denied while following his lead - I'd call that a yes.
  3. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Deadline Souless
    Elect Archon Shiva

I still feel like Souless SHOULD be blocked but it's also rather likely that an oversight was made in one way or another... so w/e I can live with taking the "risk" here.
  4. I dunno, that (at the time) struck me as Kai asking someone else if they were the LC in order to make it look like HE wasn't yknow?
  5. The more I think about it the more I want to lynch Darcy today rather than souless.
  6. Archon Shiva

Lynch Deceptive
    Just make sure we don't NL again...

Teacup: At the time I was just completely confused and not back not the game yet. Now it mostly reads like he's checking - he could have been telling Ixta that he was, but we sort of have home mechanically Seamstress now, don't we?
    Souless Zombie, Kai- Seamstress, Ixta LC. That leaves Demon and Lodestone.
  7. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Deadline Deceptive
  8. Ehrgeix

Ehrgeix Well-Known Member

Why lynch deceptive instead of souless? Deceptive could theoretically not be a witch (if aer was) -- seems like witches are ixta, marabu, souless, kai-, and either decep or aer.
  9. Archon Shiva

Prime, what's your call? Darcy or Souless?
    Seriously, isn't Kai such an obvious lynch for today that he has almost certainly sewn town, making Souless available to lynch?
  10. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Whatever, if people would rather risk the game on zero info, we can do that instead.

Deadline Souless
    Elect Archon Shiva

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arkaal's Vote Tally (12 Alive, so 7 is majority):

Souless: 0+1 () (Prime Intellect)
    Deceptive: 3+1 (Arkaal, Aerinon, Archon Shiva) (bbobjs)
    Kai-: 1 (Aiery)
    Abstaining: 6 (Mirdini, Ehrgeix, Kai-, Deceptive, A Killer Cuppa Tea, Souless)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  11. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

He wouldn't sew town, because the lynch-death doesn't trigger on revival days.
  12. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

EBWOP: Him being an obvious lynch is why he would sew himself, hence why I think Souless is the better choice.
  13. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Oh, I copied from the wrong post. That was supposed to be Deadline Deceptive
  14. Ehrgeix

This is dumb, lynch souless please.
  15. Ehrgeix

Also arkaal i did lynch souless earlier and it is not in tally.
  16. Archon Shiva

Deadline Souless
    Can someone explain clearly how self-sew actually works? It protects seamstress from Lynch on the day she is revived, but does nothing useful otherwise?
  17. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Deadline Souless

Uh what are the votes at?
  18. Archon Shiva

I think they're at sirlin.net/forums
  19. Right. Ok. I find myself struggling to think of a real reason why we should lynch darcy first, so I'm gonna throw my Deadline: Souless...
  20. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, I really think Deceptive is the superior lynch but at the moment it's more important that we lynch SOMEONE instead of repeating D2.

Right now we're at what 5? And the day ends at what midnight?
  21. Airey

Airey New Member

you know if we are all so worried about seamstress cant we just lynch me today?
  22. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Because... and let's just leave it at that.
  23. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Gah, make up your minds. Deadline: Souless

If you don't color it, I probably won't see it when I'm running through the page to make a tally.

On any other day, it possibly confuses town, but has no major mechanical effect. The main reason to self-sew is that on revival, you don't die when lynched.

The primary argument put forward is the potential for Souless to be protected by seamstress.

That said, I believe there is equal reason to believe Kai has been sewn. Furthermore, we have no mechanical reason to assume Deceptive is a witch over Aerinon at this point (admittedly, that won't change in the future either), so either way we go is a 50/50 shot, it seems.

The day ends approximately 22 hours and 45 minutes from the time of this post.

Arkaal's Vote Tally (12 Alive, so 7 is majority):
    Souless: 0+6 () (Prime Intellect, Ehrgeix, bbobjs, Arkaal, A Killer Cuppa Tea, Archon Shiva)
    Deceptive: 0+1 () (Aerinon)
    Kai-: 0+1 () (Aiery)
    Abstaining: 4 (Mirdini, Kai-, Deceptive, Souless)
  24. aerinon

aerinon Member

I'm okay with a Deadline: Souless and an Elect: Archon Shiva today, because attempting any lynch is better than a guaranteed no lynch.

Just thought of something though: Kai- was dead last night when he had to make the sewing decision. The rules state he can sew any person to another living witch. That means only Marabu and Deceptive were the only living witches he could sew people to. I thought I'd share this interesting thought, not sure what the implications are though.

If you guys change your mind and want to lynch Deceptive or Kai- instead, I'll check the forums again in around 6-7 hours.
  25. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

No, he wasn't.

26. aerinon

aerinon Member

Hmm. True. The precedence does seems to foul up my point, I wonder if that is how it works.
  27. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

It is. That is, it should be.
    I was hoping that the night action precedence list would be the clearest part of the rules, lol.
  28. Archon Shiva

Okay, time is getting short - it's too late to move everyone over by now, just join the bandwagon. Especially Deceptive or Aerinon.
  29. aerinon

aerinon Member

Well, would a mod actually bother to inform the Seamstress of the result of the kills and revival before daystart, just so the seamstress can pick their sewing better? I kind of doubt it. I suppose knowing whether you'd be alive the next day would be useful knowledge, but then if you possessed someone and you know they were going to win... see? you wouldn't bother. Anyway, I guess this assumes suboptimal play, so I'll drop the line of thought anyway.
  30. aerinon

aerinon Member

Already did.
  31. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

We're at 7 votes now, with only one a possible witch. I'd feel better if Aiery or Mirdini placed a vote too, to be sure we've got 7 town on board, but we're on track for a lynch at the moment.
  32. Archon Shiva

So, Deceptive, time to show us you're town.

Mirdini, btw, wake up.
  33. Airey

Airey New Member

Opps knew i forgot something Deadline: Souless
  34. Archon Shiva

Okay, erm, is it the game itself that's cursed to absentee moderation?
  35. Ixtaccihuatl

Ixtaccihuatl Active Member

How did the rest of the Continuity vote turn out? Getting a new mod is possibly not working, so it might be time to move on to the next option?
  36. Sup folks. Day Is over standby for results n' stuff.

(also sorry got caught up in something.)
  37. Late As Always Votals:
    Souless: 0+8 () (Prime Intellect, Ehrgeix, bbobjs, Arkaal, A Killer Cuppa Tea, Archon Shiva, aerinon, Airey)
    Abstaining: 4 (Mirdini, Kai-, Deceptive, Souless)

Archon Shiva has been elected as the night watch.

Souless has died.

it is now night.
  38. Archon Shiva

39. Archon Shiva

When does Night end, BTW? Sunday 11:59 PM sounds good, so we can play Monday morning, but I'm not the one making that call.
  40. Marabu

Marabu Member

Is the game even moving on? I know I'm dead and should avoid posting here, but since it's night time I thought It would not pose a problem...

@Paranoid: do I get a new link for dead chat? did you check my personal QT?
  41. Archon Shiva

Posting at night is allowed for dead players in three cases:
    1. Not game-related: DJ stuff, etc.
    2. Game management issues: discussing replacements, deadlines, and asking for the mod to check your QT. Avoid anything that hints a your role or faction, or at the state of the burial grounds, especially if dead.

Burial Ground QTs are usually posted in the previous burial grounds thread if no one has left the burial grounds since - so keep an eye on the day's thread (you got that one right?). Any newl dead will receive the link near QTs, so that they don't see what happenned before they died.
  42. Marabu

Marabu Member

just checking in fact
  43. Ixtaccihuatl

Ixtaccihuatl Active Member

Sooooo.... any word on the end of the night?
  44. Airey

Airey New Member

going to be away from the 17th to the 20th, dosnt seem like it will be problem though.
  45. Marabu

Marabu Member

This is night number what? 7?
  46. Archon Shiva

Just make sure any night actions are in, and be back in time to vote!

Is it safe to assume you'll vote the same as Prime Intellect, Ehrgeix and myself?
  47. Airey

Airey New Member

Yes and iv already put my action in to auto go though when i die
  48. Archon Shiva

Okay, so any way to self-resolve a night?

A witch could make a QT, post witch chat and send me a link. We may be able to figure out if the NK worked (especially if I reveal polarity of the kill), but we'll never know about the LC...

So, we do need a mod for this day, then? Apparently it's only a 1-day gig, shouldn't be to hard....
  49. Marabu

Marabu Member

What were the votes you polled for again? I say drop this game. I didn't when you first asked, but now it's just dead to my eyes.
    Sorry for thinking that but when I see a cat, I call it a cat, nothing else.
  50. Archon Shiva

Taking out replacements, it looks like half for reveal and half (total) for alternate and wait - Ehrgeix, would you be ready to start soon? (whether this game is terminated or on old...)