Polarity Hunt 2

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by curiousCat, Oct 16, 2011.

1. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

2. aerinon

aerinon Active Member

BTW, I think Roie was replaced by Souless and Geneti is the one that may have to be ignored due to no replacement yet, and Deceptive doesn't have a working computer.
  3. Kai-

Kai- Well-Known Member

I am not +
  4. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Ops... In that case does anyone have a way to poke him? Since he isn't officially out of the game yet, he could at least do this right? IDK, I suppose this borders on being within the scope of the game so...

Anyway only 6 (or 5) players left.
  5. Ixtaccihuatl

Ixtaccihuatl Well-Known Member

6. Ixtaccihuatl

Also, new lynch vote: fivexthethird
  7. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Deadline Fivexthethird
  8. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

i am not +

i can only assume that prime has driven himself into maximum givenoshits territory...
  9. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

So, everyone deadline fivex and we resume the campaign?
  10. Deceptive

Deceptive Well-Known Member

I am not + Posting from a PS3 sucks.
  11. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Claims of +:
    Prime

Un-Claims of + 12/15:
    bbobjs
    Archon
    Arkaal
    A Killer Cuppa Tea
    Ehrgeix
    Mirdini
    aerinon
    fivexthethird
    Kai-
    Ixtaccihuatl
    beruru
    Deceptive

No Claims 3/15:
    Souless-Solace
    AlexSierra
    Geneti*

*: In the process of being replaced.

I'm basically convinced enough at this point to Elect Prime.
  12. Marabu

Marabu Member

Hey btw just to remind you guys, i'm always ready to replace if need be.
  13. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

There's our replacement I suppose, CC please make it happen.
  14. Ixtaccihuatl

Agreed, Elect Prime
  15. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

I feel that it should be restated that MINUS SHOULD NOT VISIT ME TONIGHT because that would be stupid and they would not get a result!
  16. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

This is assuming, of course, that I do end up getting elected.

Of course.

I feel that these things must be said, though.
  17. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

Marabu will be replacing Geneti.
  18. Kai-

Kai- Well-Known Member

unelect;

elect Prime

I've been busy with Bad Stuff so I haven't been able to post much. I'll definitely get in another few solid posts before the end of the day though (about 40 hours from now, if I'm not mistaken... silly timezones)
  19. Ehrgeix

Ehrgeix Well-Known Member

elect Prime.

Confirmed innocent nightguard pretty good!
  20. Archon Shiva

Marabu should post today, I guess Prime's close enough to being in he clear that he should get down to speech writing. (Elect Prime)

Fivex: Unless you're a witch trying to to bring anone down with you, could you please not act like one?

Bbobjs: How useful do you think it would be for me to be confirmed early on?
  21. Archon Shiva

EBWOP: That was "trying not to"
  22. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Elect Prime and lynch fivexthethird at deadline (just to be safe).

------------------------
    Who Posted
    Arkaal's Vote Tally (16 Alive, 9 is majority)

Election Votes:
    PrimeIntellect: 7 (PrimeIntellect, ArchonShiva, Ehrgeix, Kai-, bbobjs, Arkaal, Ixtaccihuatl)
    ArchonShiva: 1 (Tea)
    bbobjs: 2 (aerinon, Mirdini)
    Mirdini: 1 (Deceptive)

Abstaining: 5 (Beruru, Souless-Solace, fivexthethird, Marabu, AlexSierra)

Lynch Votes:
    Beruru: 2 (Kai-, Deceptive)
    fivexthethird: 5+5 (Beruru, ArchonShiva, Tea, Ixtaccihuatl, Mirdini) +(PrimeIntellect, Ehrgeix, bbobjs, Arkaal, aerinon)

Abstaining: 4 (Souless-Solace, fivexthethird, Marabu, AlexSierra)
    ------------------------
  23. Archon Shiva

Pretty sure I was @deadline... deadline fivex.
  24. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Quite possibly. Since my script doesn't do deadlines, I am lazy about tracking them. I just edit them in when they're important.
  25. Archon Shiva

Does your script just parse messages looking for bolded text outside quotes, or do you enter votes manually?
  26. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

I enter the votes manually, because the script I had before can't handle the dual election.
  27. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Depends on basically everything; your role, the method by which you plan to become confirmed, your survival strategy once you are confirmed. At this point I would say it's unnecessary because you're not saying anything especially controversial, so like even if someone doesn't trust you, there's no reason not to trust what you're saying.
  28. Marabu

Marabu Member

So I am replacing Geneti.
    I'll try to catch up on the reading, but i can see lots of posts already and being new to this type of game, it in fact would mean 2x-3x readings to get an absolute clear idea of what's going on and what's been said so far.
    as for the elect, I cannot, you will understand of course, pronounce myself at this point.
    doing my best to read all of this ASAP.
  29. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Honestly Marabu all anyone would probably want out of you at the moment is to confirm that you're not +... unless of course you are +.
  30. Archon Shiva

I was thinking N2 election, mostly.

Marabu: Is your role "+"? (the red "plus" sign role, not positive polarity in general.) If you look at recent posts everyone has been answering; this is not a trap. A yes or no answer is sufficient. Don't give any, information about your role if it isn't that specific role.
  31. Archon Shiva

Oh yeah.
    Aleeeeeeeeeeeex!!
    (It isn't bolded. I just want him to post.)
  32. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

If you have a plan to cinch it, go for it; however it seems extremely likely that either you or I will win tomorrow's election (barring shenanigans) so obviously from my perspective it'd be -EV Town for you to give up ANY info in pursuit of the position. It's something we probably shouldn't discuss further until tomorrow.
  33. Archon Shiva

I'm torn between getting confirmed and getting protected...

How about this:
    Prime, check/protect bbobjs or me.
    Minus, flip a coin, head visit bbobjs or me, tails do whatever.
    Magneto, flip a coin, head visit bbobjs or me, tails do whatever.

After editing it in various ways, I've removed the (rather elaborate) rationale - I'd much rather force witches to discuss the implications themselves, or perhaps have them try to screw with it and shoot themselves in the foot.

Try to think of the different possible interactions (don't post them). If you have specific concerns, however, I will address them.
  34. I guess we're just waiting for those guys who havent confirmed that they are/aren't + to speak before we end the day? Is there anything left to discuss?
  35. Archon Shiva

We can start poking people for tomorrow a bit. Stuff like asking you why we wouln't resume lynching you in the morning, but mostly asking the lurkers to post a bit. We don't want witches to be too aware of what's going on in the morning, and if (say) my opinion of you changes drastically after demon is told you were checked, it's kind of a dead giveaway.
  36. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

If we're going to instruct +/- to maybe float around us, I don't see the value in instructing Mag to maybe do the same. Yes, doing so has the potential to obscurify but it's double edged and Witches will already be dealing with a level of obscurification even without Mag's intervention. I'd rather Prime/Maybe Minus receive "accurate" info, at least for tonight.

Here's what I suggest:
    Prime: Flip a Coin; Heads Archon, Tails Me. Please don't be inclined to do neither.
    Minus: Flip a Coin; Heads Archon, Tails Me. If you're inclined to do neither then visit someone with an even number.
    Scientist: Compare two players with even numbers (on the player list in the first post)
    Compass: Check one player with an odd number.
    Mag: If you feel the need to invert someone, invert a player with an odd number.

Basically the idea here is to prevent Mag from interfering with Scientist info. This isn't intended as a long term strategy and is basically a tonight only guideline; feel free to deviate if it interferes with your long term strategy.
  37. Archon Shiva

The reason for Magneto is so if Prime gets a "match" result he can report it out loud without giving away the player's polarity. Magneto has to be a serious possibility. Tying up "-" isn't as relevant as Prime, because he can't speak out in the morning.

I kinda like the other bits, except removing magneto wine from the scientist's stuff also removes it from witches : with both signs occupied, they have a full half of the players where the result of the NK is hard data. It may still be worth it, though. Opinions?

I think my version, taking control of (1+.5+.5) two players, is about as much directing as I can ever be comfortable with. Bbobjs' is just too much.
  38. Marabu

Marabu Member

i am not +
  39. Marabu

Marabu Member

oh yes i forgot..

elect: abstention
    still trying to figure this out
    but..
    lynch fivex at deadline
  40. Archon Shiva

Click the "B" button or use [ b] [/b] to bold your vote.

Only AlexSierra and Solace left to unclaim! Come on, guys, get back to the thread!!
  41. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Well, you could create two lists, one with "less desirable NKs" for use by Scientist and Compass, and one with "more desirable NKs" for use by Magneto and Minus.

The main idea is that "people witches want to NK" and "people that town is interested in getting solid info on" probably have a good overlap, while "people witches want to NK now" and "people witches want to get info on" have less of an overlap.

Example: Witches might want to kill Sleb McTownie because everyone thinks he is town. Witches don't want to kill Sleb McScummy, because he's likely to get lynched anyways. Town would love to know if McScummy wasn't a witch.

Thus, McScummy goes on the second list, so if the witches want to kill him, they have to go through a higher-probability of hitting Magneto or Minus shielding. And McScummy goes on the first list, because witches getting concrete info on him is possibly less valuable than it would be for McTownie.
  42. aerinon

aerinon Active Member

Archon Shiva & bbobjs

Do either of your plans account for Lodestone/Demon shenanigans? I haven't figured out all the implications yet but it seems like a bad idea to depend on any one night set of results.
  43. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

EBWOP: I meant to say that "people witches don't want to NK" and "people that town is interested in getting solid info on" probably have a good overlap.
  44. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

... we're probably saying too much Archon, but coven NK still isn't hard data in many cases.

That level of uncertainty already exists though, it isn't helpful to add another layer unless it's certain uncertainty. Beyond that the info is going to be less reliable than protection, so I'd prefer to optimize for that. Anyway if the primary purpose of the plan was to maximize prime rather than increase our survivability then I propose the following:

Prime and Mag: Flip a coin; Heads Archon, Tails bbobjs.
    Everyone Else: Don't Visit Prime, Archon or bbobjs.

I guess this is probably better if for no reason other than it allows info roles to peruse their actual reads.
  45. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

My second plan accounts for Lodestone and attempts to mildly limit it, my first plan isn't concerned getting info on Archon or myself and thus ignores Lodestone. Demon is completely unaccounted for because if he's gunna blow his load, he's gunna blow his load. I suppose my first plan limits the effectiveness of Demon slightly more than the 2nd but w/e.
  46. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Tailoring a list would definitely be better. If we do so, Prime should make that list.
  47. Archon Shiva

Mine do.

ten chars.
  48. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Agreed. As (effectively) confirmed town, he's the only logical choice. I originally had names in my description, but I decided to remove them in favor of leaving the list totally unbiased.

And I just noticed that I failed and put McScummy in place of McTownie in the first sentence of the last paragraph.
  49. Archon Shiva

That plan means targeting us for NK still works - either we die or are unproven. Mine creates enough shit that it's essentially random for scum, but if Prime gets a match, it's pretty solid (with little polarity info.). Also, let people choose. He can always choose to flip a coin.

Tailored lit better than random. Agreed for Prime to make.
  50. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Testing a new script:

[​IMG]