Polarity Hunt 3

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by bbobjs, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Ehrgeix

Ehrgeix Well-Known Member

Ixta, Fortuna, Tea: thoughts on this post?
  2. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

So, I believe this is the current state of votes (that matter):
    (5/14) Sirion (Kai, Deceptive, Aerinon, Prime, Ixta, Ehrgeix)
    (5/14) Kensington (Arkaal, Tea, Eidolonic, Jwlk, Sirion)

And we need 8 votes to lynch. I'll switch to Lynch Sirion, in the interest of seeing a lynch actually happen.
  3. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Curious, Indeed.
  4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

I'm just going to say flat out that I'm not comfortable with Prime, and therefore not comfortable with the Sirion train, even though I like almost everyone else on it...

Bleh.

It's currently 7-4 with Sirion in the lead, since Arkaal likes to list 6 names but call it 5. :p

I don't think I can sell a switch back onto Kensington at this point, since my reluctance to go Sirion is more a sense of unease rather than really liking Sirion in this game, so I guess I'll finish it off.

Lynch: Sirion
  5. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

And this is why I write scripts to do this sort of thing, instead of doing it by hand.
  6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

For what it's worth, I think Sirion is much more likely coven than LC, and remain convinced Kens is the LC. Really don't like how Kens is trying to push the LC role on other people, reeks of bad things. I guess we'll find out soon enough, though, if Prime is right.

Oh. North/South stuff. Same lists as last time, I'd say. Choose wisely.

North:
    Arkaal
    Aerinon
    Aesa
    Kensington
    Archon Shiva
    Lungs
    Ixtaccihuatl
    Jwlk
    Ehrgeix

South:
    Fortuna
    Deceptive
    Sirion
    Prime
    Tea
    Kai
    CWheezy
    Eidolonic
  7. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

I will be on approximately 1 hour before the day ends (that's 10 hours and 45 minutes from now). If Kens is at 7 votes at that time, I will switch back.
  8. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Err. 10 hours and 45 minutes is when I'll get on. Day ends in 11 hours and 42 minutes.
  9. Fortuna

Fortuna Member

Sorry for neglecting this yesterday, I fell asleep cause I'm pulling a lot of things at once right now.

Answerpost to Ixta, you only get a short version:
    -I can't do anyhting about the fact that I'm Dini's replacement, have no idea why he quit and I don't want to theorize what role would make him quit, sorry.
    -I'm going to explain the Aesa Coven theory in a separate post one more time, as a whole, cause you either misunderstood or misread that. But you won't see me doing a case against Archon or saying all three candidates work together as Witches, that's so unlikely I wonder if we're reading the same thread.
    -That one quote that bothers you so much wasn't me avoiding answering. Honestly, why would I avoid it? I wanted to post my theory anyway, cause I wouldn't make any sense without that. Thing is and you can check the time stamps, Prime posted not even 5 minutes before I did and I wanted a quick Arkaal read from him. I didn't know what to do when he went MIA, so I waited, but got nothing and decided to just start posting everything, even if my read on Prime became less reliable.

Now, onto the lynchwagons, beacuse things are going nowhere now. I'll be moving my vote ofc, (to be honest, Arkaal started nakking, I'm considering this to be a great result for one vote.)
    I don't like the Kens wagon cause it's started by Arkaal, who I like only marginally more than at the day start. But Kens did not have one post I liked today (maybe I'm starting to take things personally), if I had more time, I'd pick at his posts.
    The Sirion wagon got started by Kai, who I haven't seen since... Monday? But he's apparenly been to the forums, so lurk less, Kai? It also contains all my town reads, so...
    Both Sirion and Kens haven't been contributing much this day, I don't have either one in my town reads.
    If anyone actually cares, my town reads currently contain: Ixta, Prime, Eido, Deceptive (where did you go, Darcy?), Geix.

Right now, we don't have much time till day ends and I see where Prime got that LC read. The fact that Kens is voting for CWheezy nearing the end day, that's just such a scummy pick I can't even begin to describe it, is also telling for me.

As for my vote, Lynch: Sirion.

Holy molly, that's longer that I thought it will be.
  10. Ixtaccihuatl

Ixtaccihuatl Well-Known Member

My response is basically the same as Eido's was to that post. He must be a really, really bad scum player, that's all I can think. Even scum should be bussing each other at this point... (Something we should all be looking at.)

However, I was spending a lot of time thinking about this at work, and I had an idea that could be a little drastic. I'm not sure how + or - ev this could be, so opinions/analysis from all please (mechanical people, specifically looking at you).

The Cwheezy thing is getting ridiculous. I was ok with giving Ash a pass on day one due to vacation things, but seeing Cwheezy continue this non-posting trend is just bad on every level. Ehrgeix suggested a post-or-die campaign, and I'm thinking I'd like to see this happen. I think we should compile a list of all the questions directed towards Ash/Cwheezy, and post them up at the beginning of the next day, and issue Cwheezy an ultimatum. 48 hours to give answers, or we hammer right away, and go into the revive night early. No more wasting time, no more letting this slip by, and maybe one of our dead people comes back with useful information a little sooner.

Granted, this means letting the other scummy people relax for a day, which might be the -ev part, but at least everyone else is giving us posts, even if it's not that many in some cases. But any answers are better than no answers at all. At least having some posts gives us something to work with, and the potential to catch interactions that reveal the coven. With no posts we have literally nothing, and alternate options seem limited. Cwheezy doesn't seem to care about any other form of pressure, even (apparently) when directly confronted on irc. So we either kill him or decide we don't care about him sliding through while the rest of us rip each other apart.
  11. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

Sorry for going poof, real life is eternally a bitch. I'm not happy with the lack of posts when I'm not here. If I was a betting man I'd bet on my own death tonight. You guys better post more tomorrow when I'll probably be dead. I am pretty happy with the sirion lynch if not that happy with how easy it is going. It makes sirion LC a more likely thing in my mind or his coven buddies are staying away/bussing.

Elect: Prime

Prime should be elected today. This was always the case though I wanted to hide it until we got some election wagons formed so we have some actual info from it rather than my boring run. Now I know you're asking why about now. I know why, Prime probably knows why I think he should be elected and beyond that probably nobody else. Feel free to speculate wildly in your QT. So, pile on the elect prime wagon please? This feels akward because I can see the what the fuck look on your faces. Ah well, I'm cashing in my UBER TOWNIE CRED.

Also I thought up a plan while I was busy. Would it be +ev for mag to flip a coin on changing my polarity? Like 95% odds I'll be targeted so by doing this witches can't be sure what my polarity is. Witches will still have the same odds of killing me no matter what but it denies them the intial info.

Again sorry for being away.
  12. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

Also damn, I showed up too late to change the election didn't I? There is what, three hours to deadline? I mean it could change provided enough people show up before deadline.
  13. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

It... could change. But considering I ran because I found Prime incredibly suspicious and full of do not want, I'm understandably a little hesitant.

Coin flip Mag on you is absolutely the best play, though.
  14. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

I like Ediolonic's responce to be flipping his world upside down with prime.
  15. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

Like... I think we have 4 hours left?

But my mind is full of fuck right now.
  16. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

Your welcome.
  17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

If you're going to be around, mind chiming in on some stuff and answering any questions tossed your way during day two? We do have 4 hours yet and seems a shame to waste it. Re-sell me on you being town because

what the fuck

I'm going to make some food and clear my head a bit, I'll be around for 2 hours before deadline mindlessly f5'ing while I work.
  18. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

Yeah, sorry about cagey bullshit but that's pretty much what Hunts are.

Also yeah, I'm working on a post where I answer all those questions that I should have up before deadline.
  19. Ixtaccihuatl

Now? You do this now? I am honestly not sure if there is enough time/people checking in last minute. Ehrgeix told me an hour ago that he was going to bed, so I know we will not be seeing him. I don't know timezones of other people.... Be careful not to tie things.
    And I am also wtfing.
    I'll Elect Prime for now, though I'll switch back to Eido if I think better of this.
  20. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

I am ok with Eido having it if it doesn't go to prime, either or. I'm also fine with it tieing on them.
  21. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

This isn't PH2, folks.

Election: Each Day all Living players may use the Public Topic to cast an Elect Vote. Only Votes for currently Living players who haven't been successfully Elected for at least 2 Cycles are considered valid; all other votes are considered invalid and ignored. The player with the most Elect votes at the end of Day becomes Night Guard. Ties result in no Night Guard.

I was initially okay with a tie, as me getting it over Prime would townfirm him. Then I was like 'wait, what?'
  22. Ixtaccihuatl

no, ties are bad, that's why I said to be careful.
  23. Deceptive

Deceptive Active Member

Oh, my bad on that then.
  24. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Hm... seems like I made a contradiction in the rules there. Anyway I'm going to go with "Tie = no NG" because A. That's way more elegant and B. Its current wording would technically still override the section of the rules that contradicts it.
  25. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

I mean, I'd highly be in favor of tying if witch wins the tiebreaker.

I still trust Prime about as far as I can punt a bowling ball.
  26. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

No. Do not elect me. At this point, I'm already heavily suspected AND it's far too close to deadline for comfort.

Just let it go to night, please.

Elect Eido
  27. Ixtaccihuatl

It's definitely too close to night, so I suspect even if you wanted it, it's unlikely to happen....
    I just want to know wtf is going on now. :(

Elect Eido...?

I seriously want to Mod one of these and watch all the behind the scenes stuff.
  28. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

Anything we need to cover yet going into night?

N/S lists were posted, Sirion is lynched (Wouldn't mind one last reads post from him - just take your role to the grave if town, Siri), NG elect settled.

Magneto - flip a coin on Deceptive tonight.

Agenda for tomorrow - react to any deaths in the night, issue post or die command to CWheezy, and continue pressuring Jwlk and Kensington in particular. Just because CWheezy might be the target to die doesn't mean we can't get a better idea on current gamestate off of pressure on others.

I guess that's... about it. Good luck in the night, ladies and gents. Try not to die.
  29. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

ACK I'm late... um ok no one post anything... pending day end.
  30. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

31. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

What happened to DJs?
  32. Kensington

Kensington Member

Auuugggh a zombie just posted.
  33. Ehrgeix

Oh. if we're nighttime DJing:

Do you have anything Archon/Kens/Anyone else here? (bbobjs?)
  34. Kensington

Kensington Member

I've been listening to this far too much for the past week.
  35. Aesa

Aesa Well-Known Member

zombiepost:

36. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

*checks date* OK my contribution is rickroll.rm :cargagarg:
  37. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Na but seriously Ehrgeix I have REALLY boring taste in music as a general rule. Like if I just posted what's on my playlist it'd be Kurt Cobain, Kurt Cobain, Chili Peppers, Kurt Cobain, ZZZZzzzzz...
  38. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! Good news! Day will start!

...as soon as I can find a replacement, this is not an April Fools joke.
  39. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Member

Oh. Lovely.

Ash/CWheezy slot again?
  40. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

No comment.
  41. Ehrgeix

Going from the nighttimedj stuff you posted in your quicktopic last game I would have to say this is total lies! Lynch him!
  42. Ixtaccihuatl

43. aerinon

aerinon Member

Let's talk about odd tastes in music:

Yep. I like classical.
  44. Ixtaccihuatl

Not so odd to like classical imo, although if we get into that I might start posting up all my favorite parts of Fantasia, which is pretty much the entire thing. :p

I love the choir, I wish I could sing like that.

An old and well known favorite:
  45. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

Classical music is awesome. Hardly odd, though.
  46. Ixtaccihuatl

Here's something a little different:
  47. aerinon

aerinon Member

Just so everyone knows. I'm going to have limited access on Friday/Saturday to the internet. So if the game in is full swing right around then, sorry. Hopefully everything will be alright.
  48. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I might have to just let the game rock with an inactive player or something because I can't find anyone.

Until then enjoy this track:
  49. Crilly

Crilly New Member

Hey! I'm in for replacing if you still haven't found one! (same one on mspa bbobjs)
  50. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE, JOBS OF THE BOOB.