PolarityHunt 3 Planning Thread and Signups

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by bbobjs, Jan 25, 2012.

1. aerinon

aerinon Member

I like Archon's idea. Start the first game with 11+6 players and the 11+1 players have to wait for 5 more to start the second game. Extra role idea: eh, if that one person doesn't want to get left out of the start of the first game, that'd be fine, I guess.
  2. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

Also, based on experience, the "extra" player will get called on to replace someone within the first cycle. Probably a witch. (we can't call them Homies anymore since Arkaal was finally town)
  3. jwlk

jwlk Member

I think i'd prefer just having one game, but I might be in the minority here.
  4. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Alright here is my proposed solution to the 18 players 17 slots problem. We will start the game with 17 roles and 18 players. Two players will be chosen pseudo-randomly to play the same role. If either dies both die, if either is banished both are banished, both players may cast votes but each only counts for half. How does that sound to everyone?
  5. jwlk

jwlk Member

Do they share a QT?
  6. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

I'm thinking yes.
  7. jwlk

jwlk Member

To make it work, I think they'd have to share a QT. I wouldn't mind having that be put into the game, but maybe some balance expert will come and say if its good/a better solution.
  8. Archon Shiva

It seems horrible. We had three replacements last game within the first cycle - why are we even bothering with this?

Edit: I have been both nasty and imprecise, which is another way of saying I was being a jerk, so I'll clear up a bit. Depending on the role, the potential for unbalance is great - it mostly risks making a role far more fragile than intended. Maybe putting in the role where a player believes they're another role but their ability doesn't actually work (from Fry, I think) would be a better idea.

Anyway, it really feels like one of those beyond-last-minute changes that you really regret afterwards - and it's really not needed anyway.

If we really want everyone in, what if one role was *Mimic* - player has effectively no role, but receives the role (and faction) of the first player to drop out, along with all relevant QT access. Sort of "replacement, but you get to play". I realize this has shades of a recruiting mechanic, but it should happen so quickly as to not matter.
  9. Ixtaccihuatl

Ixtaccihuatl Active Member

I very much prefer Archon's Mimic idea, Let's just start up the game with that. :)
  10. Kai-

Kai- Well-Known Member

i can replace in first, i don't mind.

The most important thing is to get a game happening!
  11. Fortuna

Fortuna Member

I already sent bbjobs a PM, Kai, you're still in ;P
    Now start the game before Achron explodes (not being a jerk here, your antics actually made me laugh).
  12. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

I will volunteer to sit out and be a replacement.

Just start the damn game already.
  13. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Basically the problem was it was unclear who should be downgraded to an alternate.

Anyway with that settled, I'm aiming to start this late Sunday evening.
  14. Archon Shiva

Great! Late what time zone? <smirk>
  15. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

How many time zones do I have left? (soon)

Anyway I was aiming to start it by 11:59 PST... because I forgot that PDT started today... but it seems I'll probably be late and it won't start till like 1ish (PST or 2ish PDT)?