PrimeHunt

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Prime Intellect, Feb 10, 2011.

1. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

It's because I'm a moron who wasn't paying attention to things until last in-game night, when I finally figured out most things.

You can't expect me to be correct the first time, it never happens.
  2. Sotek

Sotek Super Moderator Staff Member

yeah okay so uh

reanalyze.

and tell me how certain you are that it is one of solaris/bbobjs.
  3. Sotek

also uh: Explain how concealing a neutral is useful here.

because it isn't!
  4. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

I'm not concealing a neutral because the last neutral doesn't appear neutral [​IMG]
  5. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

e: but it's totally aerinon anyway because otherwise things wouldn't add up~
  6. Sotek

... oh. [​IMG]

okay you are just communicating terribly, you might even be telling the truth!!!

I could believe in LC b-bob.

or LC Solaris. Hrm.
  7. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

... hey
    Is this the part where I get elected NG? 8D
  8. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

Not without better info B3
  9. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

Why would you even care about getting NG, seriously? Big reveal you've been working up to and want to live extra night? You've already lived five extra nights since you first asked for NG.

How possible is Berudemon, anyway?

And yeah, Roie is confirmed town. And probably not either of the roles he claimed.
  10. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I've lived four extra nights since I first claimed, too.

Also I haven't been working up to anything, slowhunt is just boring~

And unlike Mirdini, I can't paste ALL THE THINGS in here, because it reveals the polarity of everyone alive, which is kind of silly!

This bit is the most important, though:
    You learned that aerinon's polarity is more positive than Ithaldir.

It was funny because I thought that all the positives were accounted for, BUT THEN SUDDENLY bam another one out of nowhere.
    So THEN I went back and looked at all the positives I had and I was like "yeaaaaaaaaaaaah they're all town."
    And there you go. :D

also cC isn't neutral so you can stop voting for her now. :3
  11. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

I am now willing to elect beru. :3
  12. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

So yea, would still rather elect sotek. You can be protected.
  13. Sotek

Hm.

Well.

Hm!

No, there's a good reason to elect her NG - Arkaal might revive again, and sewproofing her would be a+.

Do you have any checks at all involving the two unknowns?
  14. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Oh yea... revival night. Shit I'll check in tomorrow, personally I don't really trust her.
  15. aerinon

aerinon Active Member

And that makes me lodestone how? I guess revealing that info would reveal all the polarities of everyone alive. Right? How convenient. (Well, I guess except for bbobjs and Solaris since you don't seem sure.) I'm not sure if you are a gambitting witch, a Scientist that interpreted a piece of data wrong, or one of your checks got Magneto inverted. Let's see the possibilities.

Assumption 1: beruru is telling the truth.

Lots of ways that this could be possible, but it appears that the only people she hasn't checked are Solaris and bbobjs. One of her earlier checks could have been Magneto flipped and thus the logic is off that she has more positives than possible and thus she's found the lodestone. I don't know the check or results so I can't fully evaluate her logic. But so far, she states she hasn't been paying attention, so I'm not too confident right now in her assumptions. Still, if telling the truth, I'd like to lynch either Solaris or bbobjs right now.

Assumption 2: beruru is lying

I think she'd have to be witch in this case. Town gambit seems unnecessary and bad play. So, a wtich trying to draw out an extra polarity, namely mine. Which is why I'm kind of hesitant to write this post. In this world, I want to lynch beruru.
    Evidence for this:
    I don't see a D1 claim. If there was one, it is too subtle for me.
    I feel there are holes in her claim, but she doesn't want to reveal info that would exposes those holes. The defense is just so convenient. The rest of you, tell me: at this point are we screwed if reveal all the polarities?
    Why aren't you voting me beruru if you are so sure I'm the lodestone? Forgot? You seem to be forgetting important details. Like Roie is cleared. Is there a tiny amount of doubt that I'm not positive?
    Evidence against this:
    Clearing cat is distinctly +town. I highly doubt this is witch buddies right now. I'm not seeing a witch handshake between beruru and curiousCat either.

Nightguard:

Sotek is best nightguard in all worlds. (I concede that making Scientist sew proof is nice, but I'm not sure we're there.)

Verdict:

I am heavily leaning toward a beruru lynch vote right now. I'm not sure what I can ask for that would be +EV and useful in corroborating the story. I think that if we are in a LC/one Coven world, this is the perfect time for a witch gambit to try to get that one last mislynch in. And best performed by the Demon once the Scientist is confirmed dead. Screw it, I don't have time to wait for other opinions, just going with my gut: lynch beruru

Real Life Crap:

I realized that this is the worst possible time for this to happen. I've got a stupid family reunion Saturday and Sunday, so it's going to be difficult to access the internet and talk about this. And my job is releasing software today. I'll try my best though to answer questions or whatever. I want to ask for a time extension but Monday is the 4th, so a day doesn't help much.
  16. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

Hey beru
    Can you tell us who you checked each night?
    Don't tell results, obviously.
    But aerinon is right that Magneto could have screwed some of your results up. I'm not sure if a living Magneto would/should claim to clear up some of them but it is better to give them the option to, right?
  17. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

Day 6 has been extended until July 5th.
  18. Archon Shiva

Beru answer as many questions a you can. I still wanna lynch you but I can be convinced.
  19. Archon Shiva

Oh, and both green and yellow listed check targets for you. Either correct?
  20. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

nope, archon! Also, aeri, I checked solaris twice, but magneto screwed with my second result because of who I checked him against, so it ended up being a useless result. If you want my first night's checks, Falcon said them on day 2. I'll post my other nights' checks when I get back to my computer, typing from my phone ATM :(
  21. Archon Shiva

Hey wait! I'm tired but not that tired. You almost had me re-read Falcon's D2 posts hunting for bits of data that witches can find just as easily... But no one's making me read through that again unless I get paid. Lots.

Seriously, with yo having claimed and all, why remain cryptic?

Please point to the post of your so-called original claim, and either a post # or info regarding your early checks tha Falcon apparently guessed.

We have less player to perform the hunt - let's make sure we maximize our TIME.

BTW, I'm assuming the magneto thing you claim is because it would have pushed someone beyond + or beyond -?
  22. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

And everything surrounding this and the entire exchange.
    Amusing fact of note is that Alex picked up on my claim immediately. So there's that, I guess.
  23. Sotek

... so you checked falcon and solaris and think solaris could be neutral?!?!

your story is growing holes every time you post.
  24. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

If Solaris is a witch Falcon isn't a witch. If Falcon is a witch Solaris isn't a witch.
    If Solaris isn't a witch, then bbobjs is a witch!

As far as I know, only one of my checks has been Magneto screwed. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff could have been figured out if it wasn't for that.

CURSEYOUMAGNETO.gif (does this even exist)
  25. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

beru
    just out your list of checks
  26. Sotek

Is it possible for neither falcon nor solaris to be a witch? (and for bbobjs to be a witch then, I guess?)
  27. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

but then who was demon o_o
    ... fivex?

and okay FINE cat. except with who was more pawsitive omitted. also with the person I checked you against omitted because then your polarity would be all up in neon lights and such.

Falconpunch/Solaris
    Archon Shiva/Solaris
    beruru/Archon Shiva
    aerinon/Ithaldir

sooooo that makes things a bit better maybe? or worse? I'm starting to confuse myself.
  28. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

Archon was the only person you checked the night they were kill targeted, right?
  29. Sotek

Did you get any sames?

also uh not sure how you count that as too many positives.

because uh. wut.
  30. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

Well, there was that accident on D2... And then there's me. So that's two positives accounted for

And no, I never got any sames. Woe is the bear. :(
  31. Sotek

Mmmm. I guess.

Still trying to make sense of "Roie claimed LC". because ... he's town.
    So ... what's up with that.
  32. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

Roie gambitting the witches would revive him I guess?
  33. Solaris

Solaris Member

Okay can someone run by me what the hell is up with red then?
    Apparently he didn't die on the first day?
    I seriously have no clue what he has to do with falcon.
    :T

Anyway, I continue to think that this is kind of crap here because I seriously don't think that bbjobs is the LC

god damn it i hate being alive in hunts this late >_>
  34. Sotek

so who DO you think is LC, Solaris?
  35. Solaris

Solaris Member

Well it would have to probably be one of cat, beru, aerion.
    Before beru's claim, I was thinking that it was cat with aerion as the last witch, but now I am not really sure. Like, cat is going along with beru's claim which means she has a polarity, so she'd be the lodestone and then aerion or beru would be the LC.
    On the other hand it would be that a cat LC identified a beru witch i guess?
    :T
    Like, this is how I would see it working.

Know what? I think that beru and Cat might be the last witches
    A LC with as many failed kills as this one has had probably has enough info to reasonably claim an info role, soooo deadline vote: beruru
  36. Sotek

---------------------------------
    Post Reference Link
    Sotek's unofficial lynch vote tally. Please remember to specify all votes in bold!
    7 voters, therefore 4 is majority and 4 is deadlock
    curiousCat: 2 (bbobjs, Archon Shiva)
    beruru: 2 (aerinon, Solaris)
    Abstaining: 3 (Sotek, beruru, curiousCat)
    Post Reference Link
    Sotek's unofficial Night Watchman vote tally. Please remember to specify all votes in bold!
    7 voters, therefore 4 is majority and 4 is deadlock
    Sotek: 2 (bbobjs, Archon Shiva)
    beruru: 1 (beruru)
    Abstaining: 4 (Solaris, Sotek, aerinon, curiousCat)

beru asked on irc for votals. I ... hmm, wel lhey if beru-cat is scumpair, lol.
  37. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

P.S. We're not. I'll claim if forced but claims are a thing we should be avoiding at this point? But we might have officially surrendered the revival vote to witches anyway at this point. There's 3 witches dead assumedly. We're at 7 alive. There should be three banishments at the very least. Which gives us a 3-3 tie at the most. I guess if we lynch a townie today we have a slim shot at town revival? But uh. Assuming we get the seamstress back AGAIN we'll lose another town with witch at least and these odds are not looking very well at all.
  38. Archon Shiva

So you're saying it doesn't matter if we mislynch?
  39. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

how about no.

oh look aerinon and solaris are both voting for me what a surprise.
    also it's really nice of you to accuse me when you are in the hot seat courtesy of me, solaris.
    there's a name for this, isn't there? :3

man, this is so ridiculous.
    aerinon disappeared again... sigh.

Also, I forgot to answer this!
    yep. sigh~
  40. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

So uh... could the NG from that night out Archon's polarity that night? It wouldn't reveal too much I think because of possible protection?

I guess beru could be LC but I don't see why there would be no counterclaim
  41. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

I could tell you guys but personally I don't think it makes a difference since +, -, mag or even a failed guess are all possible.
  42. Sotek

um obvious reason why no counterclaim.

because: dead scientist.

admittedly that's not that likely! But you know.

we have no contact with the dead except for revives.

so.
  43. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

I honestly think it might be time for Nightguards to out the polarities of the attacked at this point, because banishment is irrelevant after tonight because town would be effed anyway. If we're going to do any claiming, then like, today should be it?
  44. curiousCat

curiousCat Member

True but if beru is scientist then it becomes much easier for her to run possibilities I think? But idk. @_@
  45. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

I already know Archon's polarity, so it doesn't matter to me, but it should matter to him, so he should give his permission. All targetted people should, I think. In a situation like this, you should only do what you are comfortable with~

I mean I checked the guy twice, so I /should/ know, especially with magneto, because I got a false neutral on him (which is where all the lolaggro came from, derp)... yep.
  46. Sotek

Beru, do you believe you know bbobjs's polarity?

oh right, you said he could be a neutral.

which would make him the LC since he survived a kill.

I could say what. should I say what?
  47. Archon Shiva

I don't want bbobjs to say my polarity unless he has good cause to say so. Beru saying it could be an interesting experiment, however.
  48. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

I know what bbobjs/solaris's polarity is if it isn't neutral, but one of them has to be.
    They would be the LC, too. So that is correct, yes. :3

I am ok with the experiment if you are. :D
  49. Archon Shiva

Well, come to think of it, the LC has had little reason not to target me, so all scum probably know... On the one hand that means you don't prove anything; on the other hand, hey, go ahead.
  50. beruru

beruru Well-Known Member

Oh. :(

For the record, I have you down as negative. So there you go.

Also, deadline is tomorrow, so...