Puzzle Strike Tournament

Discussion in 'Puzzle-Strike: Bag of Chips' started by CrystalChaos, May 8, 2012.

1. CrystalChaos

CrystalChaos Moderator Staff Member

As usual, I am running a Puzzle Strike tournament this weekend. Time is here.

Everyone is welcome to join!

Rules:
    The tournament format will be best of 3 Swiss, although with fewer than 8 players it will probably be double elimination instead. In Swiss, all players are put into a pool and matched up with an opponent. I will post the link to the matchups on this thread and in the main chat tab. After all the matches in each tournament round are completed, results are recorded. For the next tournament round (and for all following rounds), players with similar win-loss records will be matched (1-0's play 1-0's and 0-1's play 0-1's). The number of rounds of Swiss will depend on the number of players. I will randomize the seeds 7 times, and I will then make myself the last seed (if I play).

After the Swiss rounds are completed, the players with the best records will be put into a single elimination bracket. The cut will be to either 4 or 8 players, depending on how many players join.

Other general rules are double blind initial character selection, random bank (after character select), and timers off. The loser of each round may counterpick by changing characters, swapping a chip in the bank for a chip not in the bank, or randomizing the bank.
    Tournament chat will be in the Main chat tab, and results should be posted there. The results should in this form WinningPlayer (Character1 WL Character2 W) 2-1 LosingPlayer (Character3 LWL) (winning player listed first).

To sign up either post here or pm me on the server (/pm CrystalChaos message). Signups will be from now until 7 minutes before the tournament.

I may also ask for confirmation in the Main chat tab before the tournament starts.

Entrants:
    23.-572.

2. JelloMonger

JelloMonger New Member

Bachelor party this weekend, otherwise I would join. Need to stop getting second place.

3. CrystalChaos

CrystalChaos Moderator Staff Member

Well I'll probably be couple of minutes late, if anyone wants to join they can.