Sotek WitchHunt!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Sotek, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

If we don't reveal anything, how do we find the witches? That said, I'd rather have people reveal as pressured, if only to force some to reveal first.

Note that according to the world I've been following, I think ChocoPi was the Necromancer, as revealed by Boco... right? That means not too many alibis, really.

Anyway, how likely is it that there are in fact two witches left?

Seriously, on the off chance that Milski was truthful, I don't think lynching rod is that much of a liability. How about we get him to claim and see what it does?

Vote rod
  2. x1372

x1372 Active Member

the no-reveal thing is PROBABLY the right move, gotta think it through.
  3. Archon Shiva

I say limited reveal - basically like D1, reveal to avoid lynch, if you feel you should. Lying may be a little more damaging to town than D1, but a well thought lie is probably worth it.
  4. rod

rod New Member

If I am lying, then there is a real good reason why I am lying about my role-claim. But my role-claim has to be this role (whether it is true or not), or else we lose the game to coven.

I am innocent and my role-claim is: Wizard

Treat it as whatever, but if we are basing off Milsk's "supposed" tells - then I should logically go after X. However, the problem is I can't trust any of Mils' tells.

Since I believe that X and myself are both innocent, then based off of Spiritualist tells, so is Archon. So the case leaves TMK...

Vote TMK
  5. x1372

x1372 Active Member

Ya know, part of what we were doing here was NOT REVEALING ROLES YET UNTIL WE THINK EVERYTHING THROUGH.
  6. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

We should NOT reveal roles.

The ONLY time anyone should reveal is if they're Traveler or if they're counter-claiming Traveler.

Also I'm fairly sure I'm confirmed town at this point; sotek please confirm, a witch targeting a witch is considered a sacrifice, correct?
  7. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Also Traveler should ONLY reveal if he's about to get lynched.
  8. Sotek

Sotek Super Moderator Staff Member

Witches are permitted in my version to elect to NK a witch. It is a horrible gambit, but it is permitted.
  9. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Oh also something to think about. Now that I'm a confirmed Non-Traveler I can talk about something that's been bothering me. Back when I was targeted for night kill some people speculated that there might have been a deeper motive for the witches to have chosen me. I'm certianly interested in why the witches wanted me dead but what I'm more interested in and have been unable to discuss until now is why did the GAs protect me? Was I on to something or was it all dumb luck?
  10. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Ah so I'm not confirmed Town, lame.
  11. x1372

x1372 Active Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure that bbj can be treated as a safe innocent here.

He was targeted for a night kill, not a sacrifice. This could theoretically have been a gambit.

But.

He was SAVED BY THE ANGELS.

He wasn't the survivalist. (mechanically confirmed Alex)

He wasn't the traveller (mechanically confirmed not traveller by mils failed exsanguiate)

He wasn't saved by the BoD (no successful lynch the previous day)

Therefore angel protection is the only possibility.

In this version, angels know who witches are.

Therefore, angels would have had to PROTECT A WITCH AFTER THE SPIRITUALIST WAS CONFIRMED DEAD.

This would be incredibly stupid. Therefore the only logical conclusion is that bbj is innocent.
  12. TheMadKing

TheMadKing Member

Fair enough, I was mostly just thinking "bbo wasn't targeted what"

So who else can we mechanically confirm town?
  13. x1372

x1372 Active Member

There's an obvious reason why bbj wasn't targeted again - given his "confirmed townie who is not the traveller" status he is almost guaranteed to have been the one the angels chose to protect last night, and the witch SHOULD have known that.

To be honest, I'm rather surprised I wasn't the target.

Actually, we may have this. This one's less guaranteed than the bbj innocence thing though. Here's logic for ME.

x1372.

On night 2, x1372 was targeted along with Shiri and Arkaal as a sacrifice kill. x1372 was saved by the martyr, icewolf34.

This requires that at least one of Shiri, Arkaal, and x1372 was a witch.

Shiri and Arkaal were both claiming spiritualist on Day 2. It would make a WHOLE lot of sense if one were a witch. The only alternative would be for one of the two to be a lying GHOUL who stuck his neck out incorrectly here.

If one was a ghoul, he must have done so for a REASON. The only possible logical reason for a ghoul to claim that way would be if the real spiritualist had been misled and was pointing at the vampire. Obviously, Milskidasith has proved that this was not the case.

The most logical assumption here is that one of Shiri and Arkaal was a witch. As a practical matter, it doesn't make a difference which was actually telling the truth anymore.

This means that for x1372 to be a witch, the only possible way for this to be true is if the witches chose to sacrifice one of their own to kill the spiritualist AND ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR OWN. I think we can all agree that this would be INCREDIBLY stupid, ESPECIALLY since in the process they were not killing the witch that the true spiritualist pointed to (either he was already dead if chocopi, or was claytus). This would mean that the witches were planning to go into day 3 with only two members left. This would be incredibly stupid.

Therefore, unless there was an INSANE amount of utter bullshit and crazy gambits that make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, x1372 is not a witch.
  14. x1372

x1372 Active Member

Fuck me, I just had a big logic post for how we might actually have the game won right now and then I misclicked and closed the tab. I can recreate this though. Maybe it'll even be better organized this way.

Ok. Fine. let's do this again.
    ===
    Step 0: Base Assumption: Exactly One Remaining Witch

Base Assumption: There is exactly one witch left. If we somehow have two witches in the 5 remaining players, and we follow this logic, witches probably win the game.
    ===
    Step 1: the traveller is alive.

We have 15 dead players, and 5 live ones.

8 of the dead players (garcia, icewolf, brainof7, dragonchild, cwheezy, alex, milskidasith, BT) are mechanically confirmed not to have been the traveller.

1 of those dead players (chumpy) would have had to intentionally get himself lynched D1 if he was the traveller. No matter what you think of whatever gambit he pulled (or possibly not) we can safely assume he would not have wasted the traveller role this way.

6 of the dead players (chocolate pi, arkaal, shiri, boco, BH, claytus) got into pissing matches of counterclaiming information roles. If our true traveller did this, he deserves to die in a fire. We can safely assume this was not the case.

This leaves the 5 remaining living players. By definition, the traveller must be alive and among us.
    ===
    Step 2: If there are two traveller claims.

If there are two traveller claims, we win. Lynch one, and if the game doesn't end, the remaining two innocents lynch the other on the following day.
    ===
    Step 3: Single Traveller Reveal with no additional information.

Suppose the traveller trueclaims his role right now and gets no counterclaim.

Assuming we have NO information about any players and completely ignore my "why bbj is innocent" and "why x1372 is innocent" posts, and have the traveller reveal himself, we reach this situation

25% chance of winning outright (lynch the witch)
    75% chance of moving on.
    If move on, witch kills a townie (probably bbj).
    Traveller chooses to kill one of the two remaining players (both are assumed to be targeting one another). 50% win, 50% draw.
    This comes out to a 62.5% chance of winning the game, and a 37.5% chance of a draw between innocents and witches.

This setup ZEROES the witches' win chance, but increases the odds of a draw.
    ===
    Step 4: Traveller reveal while believing me and bbj are innocent.

This one's more fun.

If I am not the traveller
    And bbj and I are both innocent.

And the traveller and I both believe that bbj is innocent.
    And the traveller and bbj both believe that I am innocent.

And the traveller reveals himself here

innocents win the game 100%.

Either we recurse to step 2 (100% innocent win) or if there is no counterclaim to the traveller,

If there is no counterclaim to the traveller (we give both remaining players ample time to do so) we lynch one of the two remaining players. If the game does not end, one of me and bbj dies, and the other survives with the traveller to lynch the last remaining witch.

Note: If I am the last witch, this plan zeroes my win chance, and triggers a likely draw. If bbj is the last witch, this plan zeroes his win chance and triggers a likely draw.
    ===
    Step 5: WAYS THIS COULD FALL APART

1) If the traveller is dead, this entire plan is a complete and utter failure.
    2) If there are TWO LIVING WITCHES, this plan probably loses us the game.
    3) If I miscalculated something, this is probably utterly TERRIBLE for us.
    4) If a living innocent fakeclaims traveller for NO GOOD REASON OTHER THAN TO LOSE THE GAME FOR HIS SIDE.
    ===
    Well, I suppose we're at a potential crossroad. If I'm right, and this whole thing works, innocents may have just won the game. But I want EVERYONE to look at this and look for flaws, because I don't want my last big wall of logic to have found a way to ruin the game for us.
    ===
    There may be a "safer" way too, especially for dealing with the possibility there are indeed two witches. But at 2 AM my brain is fried and I need to post this and go to sleep.

Goodnight guys. Here's to an innocent victory, despite the chaos that occurred this game.
  15. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Just to be clear I don't want ANYONE to reveal ANYTHING until EVERYONE agrees on something. That said I'm currently not sure what to make of X's post but I'm not sure my idea is any better, will post soon.
  16. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Actually fuck it I need to sleep first.
  17. Archon Shiva

Actually, as far as I can remember I'm now confirmed town in every world we can care to name. Both spiritualists, as well as the lovers, claimed me as innocent. I mean, of of those people must have been anti-witch, right?
    Vampire was always a possibility, but not anymore.

I think we can zero-in on TMK and Rod. I say we lynch rod today (since we know he's useless), and TMK tomorrow (in case he's not).

Oh, wait!!! Game fucking over!!

Judge reveals, angels protect judge until end of game. Lynch whoever we want, judge+traveller beats everything. If two judges come out, we lock onto a witch. If judge doesn't come out, it was BT and do something else.

As an alternative, we just do the judge gambit again. No lynch, and see if either rod or TMK is the judge. But that means we lose a lynch if BT was.
  18. Archon Shiva

EBWOP: Crap, guardian angels leave us after we lynch.
  19. Archon Shiva

Okay, two witches, one is assassin:
    If we mislynch, four left, coven taps both town, we lose. We MUST hit witch. This one requires a mass reveal.

Two witches, no assassin:
    If we mislynch, coven NKs bbobjs, have hard majority in the morning, we lose.

Good news is, if there are two witches, we know who they are. Unless I'm completely confused about x (and N2 was some stupid shit), they have to be TMK and rod. Still, it could be x.

Okay, not revealing leads to bbobjs getting NKed. Traveller is not getting hit by accident before tomorrow night, and with lynch, NK and lynch there will only be two players left at that time anyway. Revealing traveller does NOT hurt us. Please shoot this full of holes.

As far as I can tell, a controlled reveal is pure good for town at this point (remember, pro-reveal). We know who the suspected witches are. We pressure TMK, see what he coughs up. We might pressure x next, depending. There is no reason for me and bbobjs to say anything yet - we're better as potential counterclaims.
  20. x1372

x1372 Active Member

Just a note, the "two living witches" scenario is possible but extremely unlikely.

We know for a fact that dragonchild was a witch. There are 3 roles that can possibly survive a lynch (survivor, vampire, enchantress). The other two have been mechanically confirmed, leaving enchantress as the only possibility that DC could have been.

There were three sets of conflicting information role claims. Specifically

boco vs. chocolate pi
    Arkaal vs. Shiri
    Benoit Haché vs Claytus

we can LIKELY assume that there is at least one witch in each of these. There are alternatives (specifically, ghoul vs innocent) but these seem extremely unlikely for all cases (especially since we know there's a witch left by default). Its also quite possible that any of these may have been ghoul vs witch, but that still leaves one of each as a witch.

That leaves only one witch left in nearly all reasonable worlds.

---

Note on the traveller reveal

If there are two witches left, traveller reveal is likely to lead to town loss.

If there is one witch left, traveller reveal TODAY zeroes witch win chances in any case, and could potentially be a 100% town win as I outlined in a previous post.

If traveller reveals AFTER a lynch (or no lynch) we lose the advantage of being able to kill off both claimers if (when) he is counterclaimed.

I was considering making an "why archon is innocent" post similar to the "why bbobjs is innocent" and "why I am innocent" posts, but the evidence there seems just a TINY bit shaky (specifically, if chump was trying a gambit or was in fact not innocent, we can't guarantee any innocents that way). Plus, if my "traveller reveals" scenario was correct, it was totally irrelevant.

I'm pretty willing to believe that one of TMK and rod is our final witch.

bbobjs has an almost airtight innocence explanation, requiring absurd witch stupidity AND angel collusion to have been pulled off.

Archon could only be guilty in a few bizarre circumstances involving chumpy doing some really weird shit, like weirder than a play that targets the second witch on the list, or chumpy being a witch and one of our three counterclaim wars being innocent vs ghoul.

x1372 being guilty requires ABSURD D2 stupidity from at least one side - either witches sacrificed one of their own to hit the spiritualist AND another one of their own, or one of the two claiming spiritualist being innocent while the other is ghoul, which is absurd stupidity for the ghoul.

TMK and rod are the two quiet ones who slipped through the cracks for a long time. Mils' claims aside, we have no proof either way on you guys, and the only evidence either of you could give short of a traveller claim would be highly suspect.
  21. Archon Shiva

Both mediums said Chumpy was town. If you can't trust me the game is already pretty much lost.

No.

If we lynch one witch, the other one NKs bbobjs and we are 2i-1w in the morning, we win.
    If we lynch an innocent, the witches NK bbobjs and they are w2-1i in the morning, we lose.

Traveller reveal doesn't do shit.

Let's try it with witch roles, however. Mislynching still loses the game, of course.

Silencer:
    If we lynch silencer, silencer kills traveller, NK bbobjs, 1i-1w in the morning. Let's hope the judge survived - this could go either way.
    If we lynch non-silencer, silencer NKs bbobjs, 2i-1w in morning, lynch last witch, silencer goes off, 1 innocent left, town wins.
    (If we lynch silencer with unknown traveller, he hits one of the two non-bbobjs innocents. That's maybe a tiny bit better, although hitting judge is worse for town than hitting traveller.)

Live assassin is irrelevant because he can't be used if we lynch a witch, and doesn't need to sacrifice if we mislynch.

Okay, I can see one case where mass reveal is bad. Lynching silencer, who whacks traveller, NK judge, and Werewolf Hunter faces last witch alone.

In any case, in two-witches worlds a mislynch loses the game in all cases - we need to force TMK to reveal, at the very least. We'll pick up the pieces afterwards.
  22. x1372

x1372 Active Member

I'm willing to bet that chump was innocent at this point, but its worth noting that its possible he was not.

And if he was innocent, then either arkaal was telling the truth and shiri was a witch, or chumpy was trying some sort of gambit that involved NOT targeting the first witch. In the latter case, we can't really safely tell that you're innocent, because he could have targeted any witch on the list that way, skipping over arkaal (and possibly you).

We technically can't 100% trust you, and other innocents can't 100% trust me for that matter. bbobjs is the only one with an airtight excuse, unless the witches and angels are simultaneously trolling us.

---

under the current circumstances, I'm willing to put something like a 95% belief that there is exactly one witch left, and that one witch is either TMK or rod.

The only legitimate doubts from my perspective are the minor possibility that archon is a witch, and the minor possibility that we have two witches alive. Both of these are very unlikely.

Even better is the fact that if there ARE two witches, the most likely scenario is that they're TMK and rod.

---

One relevant note: If we get down to 3, and Leeroy is one of those 3, Leeroy should not activate on whoever he thinks is a witch UNLESS he himself is about to get lynched. If he does activate this way, and that last witch is the silencer, the witch can kill the last remaining innocent and force the game into a draw.
  23. x1372

x1372 Active Member

Off-topic and yet WH related:

I have another player requesting to be replaced in my MSPA themed witch hunt game. If anyone would like to take over for him, please send me a PM here, it would be really nice if I could get that taken care of asap.
  24. Archon Shiva

So, every possible permutation ends with lynch rod or TMK, right?
    I suspect rod just claimed traveller with his wizard gambit, so I'd still like to hear TMK first. It's not like it can hurt us. On the off chance that x is witch (we're talking terribly unlikely here), hitting scum out of these two is required.

In two-witches universes:
    If we lynch silencer today, either Leeroy, Judge or Traveller saves us in 1v1 in the morning. (traveller is a tie, however)
    If we lynch non-silencer witch we win anyway.
    If we mislynch we lose.

If TMK trueclaims a town role, it basically means there is only one witch, so that's not an actual risk, is it?
  25. TheMadKing

TheMadKing Member

So I'm allowed to claim now, then? (waiting on answer before I do)
  26. Archon Shiva

I'm okay with it. If you can get someone else to agree we have a majority.

On top of it, you seem to believe your reveal is +town, or would probably try to avoid it.
  27. TheMadKing

TheMadKing Member

Given that the only possible two-witch coven at this point would be x and AS, and that is so many kinds of impossible that it's hilarious, I think my claim wins the game for town. Just wanted at least one confirmation.

I am the traveller.

Bye Rod, nice knowing you.
  28. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Well what I wanted to do was choose a lynch target either X or TMK and lynch them unless they claimed Traveler. Then if we didn't win, lynch Rod tomorrow but I suppose if no one is CCing TMK then Rod should be witch.

TMK being the Traveler explains why he was so suspicious of me.

If TMK is lying and Traveler is alive, please counter claim.

I'm not sure if sotek allow this but:

Lynch Rod once everyone confirms they're not traveler.

If that's not OK then consider it:

Deadline Lynch Rod.
  29. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

To be clear, if you're Traveler and you don't claim today, I will assume you're a liar tomorrow. No one ELSE should claim ANYTHING.
  30. x1372

x1372 Active Member

I am not the traveller.

If archon says this, we pretty much have this too. Looks like milski was telling the truth after all.
  31. x1372

x1372 Active Member

hmm. post 2731 for x1372.

Also, it might be good if rod claimed yes/no about traveller, just to get that out too.
  32. rod

rod New Member

This is all clear to me now.

TMK is lying and X is lying.

Mils was only attacking me because I was agreeable to Archon and Claytus' possible vamp claims. He was going off on a hunch since me and X checked different. And because X was a "target" on one of the nights, Mils just assumed I must be scum and kingmaking for town. Which in this case, actually helped the witches.

X was the sacced witch to protect themselves, because they knew martyr had to save somebody in that situation (among Arkaal, Shiri and X - and X would be most likely to be rescued). And as crazy and gambit as it is, it worked because nobody suspects X now. Whoever was saved becomes no longer suspected.

And Archon, you are right. I am the traveller. So I have no idea what TMK is talking about.

Analyzing all this, I believe X is silencer and TMK is probably demon/assassin.
  33. Archon Shiva

Couldn't someone just claim judge so we could resolve this mechanically?

I am the traveller too.
  34. x1372

x1372 Active Member

archon? last claim's yours. if you are not traveller, we have that last witch almost guaranteed to be rod at this point. If you are traveller... well, its time to start scratching our heads and figure out what the fuck is going on.

After that bizarre outburst, I'm pretty sure rod has to be the witch now.

And if he somehow IS telling the truth about being traveller, then tmk is the last witch tomorrow and we get him for the win.

---

I shouldn't be getting into this again, there's no real possibility for gain, but rod - what exactly IS your theory about me, and what happened on night 2? I wanna hear it.
  35. x1372

x1372 Active Member

:confused: wait what?

You are being sarcastic, right arch?
  36. TheMadKing

TheMadKing Member

So the only possibility I see if Archon is claiming traveler is Archon/rod coven.

JOYOUS.
  37. TheMadKing

TheMadKing Member

Wait I don't even see how two conflicting traveler fakeclaims even make any sense for COVEN.

Someone enlighten.
  38. rod

rod New Member

X, I'm just going off on a hunch.

But if Milsk is right, then I have to think of the possibilities.

And I am thinking it might have been coven's plan to protect one of their own for endgame... just so to screw us over.

I know for sure TMK is witch, but I don't know about you.
  39. TheMadKing

TheMadKing Member

I have class to get to, will be back in ~ 2.5 hours.

But my vote stands.
  40. TheMadKing

TheMadKing Member

Quickly before I go;

rod, assuming lovers are truthful, they're also truthful about bbo (confirmed town) and me being on the same side. Swing and a miss, try again?
  41. Archon Shiva

Okay, at this point I'm pretty damn sure rod is the witch - all signs keep pointing that way, as was the case with the lovers.

It also seems obvious that rod+x is not a thing. Also, he's been making so little sense that is unlikely to be coached anymore. So witch rod is all alone, right? That's the easy world.

TMK+x seems possible, if very unlikely. If rod is the last witch and we (mis)lynch TMK, what are the risks for town? Lynch TMK, rod NKs bbobjs, me and x lynch rod. If rod is silencer, he takes out one of us, the other one wins. Sounds pretty safe to me. Anything I'm forgetting?

Stupidly enough, as there is no score to maximize, lynching TMK protects us against the only 2-witches world that makes any sense anymore.

That said, rod has been spewing so much nonsense that lynching him sounds pretty good, too. But then, Alex used to say the darndest things.

bbobjs, as the most confirmed town alive, I'll go with whichever you call.
  42. x1372

x1372 Active Member

Arch - Please tell me you were joking with the traveller claim. Having 3 traveller claims is just stupid.

The only issue there is that if we lynch tmk and game doesn't end, we still might lose if you turn around and believe rod and lynch ME. It seems the die is cast tonight either way.

Honestly I'd prefer lynching rod right now, since he's most likely the last and only witch. I'm mostly sure he's the last witch, and if he's not, it almost has to be tmk afterward. But if we're mostly committed to one than the other than we're fine anyway.

But yeah, I'm more than willing to go along with whoever bbjobs picks today between tmk and rod.

Because frankly, if bbj IS the last witch, I'm willing to concede this game. At the time of his death, the most possible scum that could have been among the angles is 3 witches and 1 ghoul, with a total of 9 dead, that means innocents MUST have had angel majority. Angles protecting a witch on purpose despite that, and having a witch just happen to target one of their own without sacrificing him simultaneously... if that is a real thing that happened, well, gg.
  43. Archon Shiva

Obviously. But it accomplished what I wanted, which was to get rod and TMK to talk.

You're right. In a two-witches world, while it saves us from losing tonight, it doesn't save us from losing tomorrow. However, you can claim tomorrow - if you hit my role (or bbobjs', if magically alive), you're going down, otherwise, rod is. With traveller out, is there any downside to you claiming tonight?

The thing with them is that they're always looking for an angle...
  44. x1372

x1372 Active Member

Frankly I see no possible advantage to claiming today. for myself, arch, or bbj. Revealing it is guaranteed not to hurt anything tomorrow if it comes to that since it's mislynch and lose for sure, but today I can think of one way it might theoretically be bad so I'd rather wait.

bbobjs! wakey wakey!

Also, yeah. I was going to make a right isosceles triangle but I forgot what angel to use there. Silly me. Is Gabriel or Michael better at trigonometry?
  45. Archon Shiva

By the way, as far as I can tell, my vote is still on rod, as is TMK's, obviously. bbobjs' was "after everyone reveals they're not traveller", which on top of not being permissible, didn't actually happen. So he's at deadline now.

My first vote tally:
    rod 2+1 (Archon Shiva, TMK) (bbobjs)
    TMK 1 (rod)

The fact that you didn't hammer rod yet means you're either an innocent, or neither witch has been paying any goddamn attention. Feel free to wait for bbobjs, but at this point you can probably just hammer away...
  46. x1372

x1372 Active Member

I'll wait. I want to hear bbobjs last comments and thoughts if nothing else, since if we're wrong he's probably dead tonight.
  47. Archon Shiva

Hear that, rod? If you're a witch, voting yourself now helps your side, by stopping bbobjs from giving us advice one last time before he dies...
  48. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Sorry just got home from work. I don't really have a last comment of value. I'm going to quickly read the topic and make sure there's nothing that seems fishy but after that I'll change my deadline to a real vote... actually **** it Lynch Rod.

Rod>X>AS>TMK

If it turns out X and AS are witches then wow well played, you win again X.
  49. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

BtW I still can't shake the feeling that X was a witch but...
  50. Sotek

Sotek Super Moderator Staff Member

That is a lynch for Rod, and thus Rod is Dead.

IT IS THE ... TENTH? NIGHT!