Starcraft 2 1vs1 double elim tournie?

Discussion in 'General Chit-chat' started by Gabb, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ThatFrood

ThatFrood New Member

That Frood guy is still around and checking on this thread regularly! I sent a message to spicy crab about the match two days ago but have not yet gotten back a reply.
  2. MrConic

MrConic Member

So...we have 3 open matches. Can the players involved report on their progress in meeting up? When will these matches happen?
  3. FMJaguar

FMJaguar Administrator

Heads up, SC2 is $40 at kmart, i got the last one and there was no sale tag on it, but it rang up fine.
  4. Gabb

Gabb New Member

Bracket update:

Pathos eliminated, Hitaro advances, matches that need to be played:

Gabb vs Hitaro on Steppes of War

Logo vs Majinsweet on Lost Temple

Spicy Crab vs ThatFrood on Blistering Sands
  5. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

I should have my internet connection back tonight and will be able to play my match tonight hopefully.
  6. Gabb

Gabb New Member

good to hear, lets try to have this tournie done before the next patch which they say will be done around mid september
  7. MrConic

MrConic Member

Still no matches played since August. When do we just move everyone who is still interested on and DQ the non-communicators?
  8. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to catch Majin online now that i have an internet connection. I'll send a PM as well to try and get things going.
  9. MrConic

MrConic Member

Thanks! I share Gabb's sentiment about getting this done before any patching.
  10. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

11. SpicyCrab

SpicyCrab Well-Known Member

I admit this tourney has not been at the forefront of my mind. Still, I am interested in playing ThatFrood, I was on all night tonight but didn't see him.

DQ me if necessary, not a big deal :/
  12. Gabb

Gabb New Member

Brackets updated

you guys are getting DQ crazy, its not a big deal I think the tournie will end before the patch, I haven't been on much either but I will try too once Beitai responds to my PM. Try to setup a time range with Thatfrood spicy
  13. Gabb

Gabb New Member

Hmmm well I'm awaiting word for Beitai, but he might have to drop out of the tourney as well due to internet issues ( wow it seems like everyone is having them now adays ), I'll keep you guys posted.
  14. Benoit Haché

Benoit Haché Member

Gabb I am not BeiTai :<
  15. Gabb

Gabb New Member

sorry my bad I got confused, but in my defense both your names start with a "Be" haha
  16. ThatFrood

ThatFrood New Member

really? That's bizarre! I popped onto bnet a few times to see if you were on!
    Give me a time, I'll be there.
  17. SpicyCrab

I'll probably be on tonight around 8:00-10:00 PM PST.

My game time is pretty erratic :/
  18. Gabb

Gabb New Member

make sure you guys added eachother and have the right character codes and arent ghosting or whatever ( can you even ghost? )
  19. SpicyCrab

My computer died, i can no longer play Starcraft, probably not for a while. I think I'm out.
  20. ThatFrood

ThatFrood New Member

:(
    that sucks mate, hope your computer revitalizes soon-ish.
  21. Gabb

Gabb New Member

sorry to hear that spicy, moving on with the tournament then, brackets and matches updated on OP
  22. Gabb

Gabb New Member

alright guys lets try to get this show on the road, I'm going to have my match tonight, whats the status on the Logo vs McConic and IceHazard vs ThatFrood matches? I see you guys on pretty often so you guys should coordinate and set a time range to get that 1 game in.

Brackets updated, matches to come:

Gabb vs Thelo on Blistering Sands

Logo vs MrConic on Scrap Station

Ice Hazard vs ThatFrood on Delta Quadrant
  23. Gabb

Gabb New Member

good games with Thelo, brackets updated:

Gabb vs MajinSweet on Delta Quadrant

Logo vs MrConic on Scrap Station

Ice Hazard vs ThatFrood on Delta Quadrant
  24. Thelo

Thelo Administrator Staff Member

25. MrConic

MrConic Member

26. Gabb

Gabb New Member

wow a very shocking game showing the dominance of terran air power, nicely done mr conic, brackets updated

note: starting with the N bracket ( which is the grand final ), wins are determined not by single matches but by best 2 out of 3 games. So therefore if someone from the losers bracket were to win the tourney they would have to beat Mr conic in two sets which would require that they beat him in a best out of 3 games, twice. He only needs to win 1 set of best 2 out of 3 to take the trophy I made.
  27. icewolf34

icewolf34 Well-Known Member

Grats on semi-finals, MrConic!

::taps foot impatiently::

Although I should probably be grateful for the delay, I was low-mid Platinum when the tourney started and Diamond now. Though I haven't been able to play much recently.
  28. Gabb

Gabb New Member

yeah we should all really try to get our games in to end this thing before the 1.1 patch, Thatfrood and Icehazard you guys come up with a meet time yet? Majinsweet still needs to get back to me
  29. MrConic

MrConic Member

Thanks. Good luck to everyone else as we finish this out!

Gabb, when the time comes, will you generate a 6-map list for the finals?
  30. Alhazard

Alhazard Active Member

Friday after 5pm HST
  31. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

The game was actually over before the first viking came out.
  32. Gabb

Gabb New Member

what happened?

and yes mr conic I will generate that list of maps for the finals

Majinsweet please reply to my PMs when you get a chance
  33. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

I haven't studied the timings of 5-rax reaper yet.
    I didn't click on his in-construction factory (though I knew it was a factory when I scouted with lings)
    I didn't expand at 20 (normally 21, but I mis queued an extra overlord).

The combination of all three pretty much crippled me by 24 food and reduced my chances to having to make a series of guesses vs Mr. Conic who nicely played off the map & probability with a viking play rather than the marauder/hellion push that's expected from 1 rax-tech lab -> factory opening or the effective blue flame hellion drop (though that's a bad move with the scouted roach warren).
  34. Gabb

Gabb New Member

hmmm your right, most T players who got 1 rax-tech lab to factory would most likely go marauder/hellion but Mr Conic has been talking about pushing Terran air power in that one thread :-P he beat me too on scrap station but it was due to me completely forgetting to build banelings to counter his bio ball and instead being obsessed with muta harassing his vikings which didn't go so well and I ended up losing with like 1000 minerals/gas in the tank...dunno what happened I just zoned out and forgot to macro

Vikings really are a great deal at 150/75 for all that they can do, I think their most effective use is in shutting down far away expansions with a quick landing harassment
  35. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

I've also been talking about going infestor/ling which has issues with a marauder/hellion push (you have to scout and have roaches or mutas) so the meta-game wouldn't really be helpful to me.
  36. Alhazard

Alhazard Active Member

37. Gabb

Gabb New Member

38. Alhazard

Alhazard Active Member

39. Gabb

Gabb New Member

40. Gabb

Gabb New Member

wasnt able to get a hold of majinsweet this weekend :-( I predict the patch will come out this monday, oh well :-P good for Zerg players, bad for protoss and particularly Terran players
  41. MrConic

MrConic Member

42. Gabb

Gabb New Member

Alhazard, Majin and I are playing our match today, afterwards its one of us against you and then the winner of that go up against the dreaded Zerg master Logo ( now even more deadlier with the 1.1 patch! ) Hope to have this thing done by this weekend. I also hope to observe/spectate the finals match when it happens live :-P
  43. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

What?
    My whole play style is more or less ruined by 1.1. I'm significantly less deadly, not more (well ZvT at least).
  44. Gabb

Gabb New Member

I think an approx 8% reduction in the Ultralisks damage to armored targets was worth the nerfs to the Reaper + Bunker + Zealot build times, not to mention big tank damage nerfs against non-armored targets. Oh and theres stuff like rocks added to make defending the naturals easier for Zerg on maps like Desert Oasis.
  45. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

Infestors can't burrow cast NP & FG anymore. That's actually more of what I was getting at, though the ultra nerf does also hurt a bit. With an infestor opening the ability to burrow cast is pretty essential in fending off a dedicated Thor push.
  46. Gabb

Gabb New Member

yeah I saw a few people do it but never really saw it ever done in any my games since then, isn't it considered a bug since you normally can't do it? To be able to burrow after casting those spells you have to use the shift bug right?
  47. Logo

Logo Well-Known Member

Right, it was the bug. I used it reasonably as it's really the only way to make NP an effective spell. Now I feel like opening infestors would be unsafe vs a Thor push.
  48. Alhazard

Alhazard Active Member

[​IMG]

Did anyone else get this bug. i cant play on Xelnaga or LT and this affected tournament draws
    EDIT: Apparently this was only a Mac issue and I fixed it now

Anyways here are the games

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=150943
    Gabb

We mutually agreed to play a best of 3 for the Loser's finals
    http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=150944
    http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=150945
    http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=150946
  49. Gabb

Gabb New Member

wow those were some exciting semi finals games, especially for me since I was watching it live :-P

anyways finally onto the finals tournament, who would have guessed it? Alhazard ( aka. icehazard ) versus MrConic! For a T v T match ( and they say T isn't OP :-P )

for the first set, the maps will be:
    1st game: Delta Quadrant
    2nd game: Lost Temple
    and if 3rd game is required: Blistering Sands

note: if MrConic is successful in winning the first set ( best 2 out of 3 games ) he will be crowned champion, if he loses the first set they will play a second set to determine the champion ( for those that don't know this is because MrConic is coming from the winners bracket and therefore has 1 opportunity to lose since its a double elim tournament )

for the 2nd set, the maps will be:
    1st game: Metalopolis
    2nd game: XelNaga Caverns
    and if 3rd game is required: Blistering Sands

thanks for all who participated
  50. SpicyCrab

Who says that?