Superhero Rumble Forum Game

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Chomper The Sharptooth, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

There might be something tauntworthy in the mystery box. :)
  2. Nikkin

Nikkin New Member

Isn't that not entirely true ...? Wouldn't cool shades and laser goggles both be worth taunting? One forces pre-emptive decisions when someone might not want to make them, and the other is going to force someone to take 10 perma-damage. Those don't seem like bad outcomes (albeit this depends on the gamestate, but still).
  3. Milskidasith

Milskidasith Active Member

For one, I have laser goggles and taunt, so forcing it isn't so great. Cool Shades and Master Planner are both sort of worth taunting, but unlike Laser Goggles (and ice shield, if taunting to force its use is allowed) it still helps the enemy. Forcing burn, having no offense whatsoever, and stuff like that helps out. Hulk Out, or whatever it's called, isn't a bad thing to force early use on, either.

EDIT: As I said, Ice shield is the only *powerful* use. Cool shades and such are situationally useful, but doubling the enemy power, even if it leaves him open to being countered, is still not as strictly good as spending 10 energy per turn to eliminate an opponent.
  4. Nikkin

Nikkin New Member

Ha ha, but taunting yourself is so BADASS. ;P
    Yeah, my bad for not paying that much attention.

So, yes, there are good things that can be done, just maybe not crazy things. *shrug* That's still things! ... Or something ... >_>
    It'll be fun to see how this all plays out. I have to say I'm quite entertained without even playing.
  5. Should be the last time I post this...

Scientific Genius: 27 (Chumpy)

Expert Training: 11 (Chumpy)
    Sidekick: 15 (Prime Intellect)
    Cool Shades: 21 (koopatroop)
    Extra Arms: 31 (koopatroop)
    Vampiric Bite: 30 (Ithaldir)
    Taunting: 5 (Milskidasith)
    Master Planning: 15 (koopatroop)
    Ice Shield: 21 (Seth)
    Poisonous Membranes: 17 (Zejety)
    Icy Touch: 21 (Zejety)
    Laser Goggles: 5 (Milskidasith)
    Mimic: 24 (koopatroop)
    Hulking Muscles: 32 (Seth)
    Glass Swords: 20 (Ithaldir)
    Black Vapors: 5 (Chumpy) - Discarded
    Regeneration: 20 (Prime Intellect)
    Boom Boxing: 20 (Ithaldir)
    Squid Ink: 11 (Seth)
    Souleater: 26 (Sotek)

Mystery Box (Avatar): 11 (chumpy)

Energy Levels
    Chumpy: 46 (Scientific Genius, Avatar-Expert Training)
    Seth: 36 (Hulking Muscles, Squid Ink, Ice Shield)
    Prime Intellect: 65 (Sidekick, Regeneration)
    Milskidasith: 90 (Taunting, Laser Goggles)
    Sotek: 76 (Soul Eater)
    Zejety: 62 (Poisonous Membranes, Icy Touch)
    Koopatroop: 9 (Cool Shades, Extra Arms, Master Planning, Mimic)
    Icegoten: 100 ()
    Ithaldir: 30 (Vampiric Bite, Glass Swords, Boom Boxing)
    Icewolf34: 100 ()

I used the tiebreaker votes, you guys had a lot of activity since last night. Chumpy, could you repost what you want exactly? It'd just be easier for me that way. Right after that I'll have everyone send in their actions for the first round. If I missed any questions skimming through feel free to ask again.

Milskidasith or Chump (whoever ends up with Expert Training) post what ability you'd like to link it to before first round

Playing this on Sirlin is a lot different than xkcd, you guys actually think logically and collaborate a scary amount. That's a compliment by the way.

Powers that restore Energy activate after attacks are resolved. If you die, you die.
  6. ChumpChange

ChumpChange Well-Known Member Staff Member

Mystery Box - 11
    Expert Training (Mystery Box) - 11
    Black Vapors - 5

WHATSINTHEBOX
  7. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Note: I can't believe BV is worth just 5 E. ^^
  8. ChumpChange

Man, I don't even want it, I just don't want someone dangerous to have it.
  9. Avatar: For every 2 points of Damage you take instead take 1 and raise the number at which you die by 1.

I'm ruling that this is in a round. If you take 3 damage and 3 again the next round you'll raise your limit by two and take 4 actual damage. Expert Training on this would be every 4 points of damage... so just under half (assuming your damage isn't divisible by 4, half if it is) of what you take won't touch you at all.
    o_0
  10. ChumpChange

Welp.

See you guys in endgame!
  11. Seth

Seth Active Member

I tried and failed to make a superhero.

Nevertheless, I shall be known as Frosty the SquidMan.
  12. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

The rollerblades were an awesome addition. :D
  13. ChumpChange

Seriously though, we should discuss what we're going to do about the powerhouses before anyone allocates points. Seems we're going to have to coordinate to take them out?
  14. Seth

Seth Active Member

:confused:

How did you find it? I couldn't get it to link or anything.
  15. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Well... I think going after Sotek first is a given, right? And now that I assume there wont be Black Vapors turn 1, I'm not longer pushed to attack everyone (since the most efective use of my current powers is focusing on getting a bit of energy from a single target for the next turn since I probably wont be as strong by then)

You posted the code (probably at the same time I refreshed the last page,) I copied it and pasted it in the loader in the hero creator.
  16. Seth

Seth Active Member

I agree that Sotek and Ithaldir need to die.

Still... look at me. I need to activate Hulking on the second, maybe first round. So uh, not sure what I can do. Still, I'm sure there are many other kindly folks who can spare a few points of offense on those two. I personally think it would be nice if we all agreed to not attack each other until they are both dead. Then we uh, can like, actually start playing.

Still, Frosty the SquidMan is a Quaker.

Also, Ithaldir and Sotek, like I said, I have no plans to attack you, so focus your energies elsewhere, thanks.
  17. Seth

Seth Active Member

Oh, you can post it if you still have it.
  18. Sotek

Sotek Super Moderator Staff Member

Damnit, why couldn't you leave me with BV, Chumpy? I coulda gotten Ithaldir to destroy everyone for me.

As it is, hmm. Shit. I need an ally. Hey, who has mimic? Is it, as sadly as I think, koopatroop?
  19. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

I just want to make everyone aware of the fact that whoever attacks me won't be able to spend half his energy next turn.

[​IMG]

edit: Anyway, it's obvious that you shouldn't use BV, Chumpy. You're interested in a defensive playstyle and we don't want Ithaldir to go apeshit before his swords brake. With that out of the way, priority #1 should be to kill Sotek while defending against Glass Swords + Shadow Boxing. Everyone should spend at least 32 (+-Yomi) energy defending.
  20. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Oh, the code is kinda ugly and requires work to appreciate it. So I'll post the picture instead.

Here's Seth's hero:

[​IMG]
  21. Sadly yes, koopatroop has mimic and I'm afraid he won't be a very resilient teammate.
  22. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Post #155 lists some powers twice (Laser Goggles, Expert Training, maybe more).

Oh, and we have to make sure to damage Ithaldir in some way.
  23. ChumpChange

Yeah, no way am I using BV - in fact, let's just trash BV before the game starts so Milski can't taunt me into using it.

BV is now removed from the game.
  24. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Yeah...
    The skeleton with the goggles seemed pretty committed to the task.
  25. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Time to Taunt Seth to use Hulking Muscle. Or we will never kill him now. :D

[​IMG]
  26. Seth

Seth Active Member

My head hurts.
  27. Seth

Seth Active Member

Here's a thought; shut up.
  28. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

The official list doesn't show him with Goggles. Mod, would you mind re-checking the Laser Goggles bids?
  29. Should just be those things, one was something Chumpy took I forgot to edit out and the other was something I put koopatroop down for winning.

Because everyone wants to develop their plan (mostly kill Ithaldir or Sotek) I'm giving until midnight Friday to send your actions in, don't be late. I'd like to get them in even sooner but I still don't have a feel for how long everyone here will take for a round.

Also, removing Black Vapors from Chumpy's list of Powers. All that fear for nothing.
  30. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Sotek will spend 9 energy on damaging Koopa at the very least.
    That +50 energy if we don't kill him.
    According to the list, he has Laser Goggles now. So he will be able to turn his energy into damage into more energy for sure.
    Assuming he spend just 9 and defends with the rest, we will have to attack him for... 135 damage... wow, that's a lot harder now that he didn't have to pay for BV ^^
  31. He's right. Milskidasith won the bid (5). Thinking koopatroop bid 24 made me throw out the highest number under him (5) and when I made the list I must've skipped over Milskidasith and his bid twice. Thanks for the notice, updating the list.
  32. Milskidasith

Oh yeah: I have 90 energy, not 80... you were using the totals assuming Chumpy didn't get anything.

Also, ruling: Can I taunt to force people to use abilities that will activate if they do a certain action they can guarantee? Basically, can I taunt to force ice shield usage?
  33. Milskidasith

Also: You're kind of average right now. You're, essentially, a 92 point hero who's skills allow you to act as a 46 point hero and transition so that you are *slightly* stronger later in the game. I'm not saying my powers are super hot, but you're no tougher than the guys who have 100 energy. In fact, given the pool, my threat order goes as follows:

Ithaldir: 30 (Vampiric Bite, Glass Swords, Boom Boxing) (On Turn 1. Then he's worthless)
    Sotek: 76 (Soul Eater)
    Prime Intellect: 65 (Sidekick, Regeneration)
    Icegoten: 100 ()
    Icewolf34: 100 ()
    Milskidasith: 90 (Taunting, Laser Goggles)
    Seth: 36 (Hulking Muscles, Squid Ink, Ice Shield)*
    Chumpy: 46 (Scientific Genius, Avatar-Expert Training)
    Zejety: 62 (Poisonous Membranes, Icy Touch)
    Koopatroop: 9 (Cool Shades, Extra Arms, Master Planning)

*Odd case here: If he's capable of being stunlocked, he drops from there to near zero because it's 10 energy a turn to kill him; taunt hulking muscle and ice shield round 1, then just taunt ice shield every round after that.
  34. Sotek

Sotek Super Moderator Staff Member

Hmm. Like I said, my interest at this point is in making the game end fast. If I assume Ithaldir will do power-one attacks to everyone, then add some yomi amounts on top, I need to then figure out how I can ensure the maximum rate of player-removal.

And ... yeah, damn, I can't tempt Koopa to my side by pointing out the ability to mimic souleater, since he doesn't HAVE that ability. Hmm hm hmm.
  35. Seth

Seth Active Member

Ice Shield: If you spend all your energy in Defense, add 20 to Defense

Pretty sure you can't taunt Ice Shield.
  36. He can. So long as it's possible for you to put all of your Energy into defense you have to do so to activate your Ice Shield if he taunts it.
  37. icewolf34

icewolf34 Well-Known Member

Milski, are you planning to Laser Goggles Ithaldir? I'm willing to work out some concession (maybe you can direct a certain amount of my energy this turn, or agree not to attack you for 4 turns or something) if you want. I'm not sure what sort of thing would make it worthwhile.
  38. Milskidasith

You have 100 energy and the maximum he can possibly hit you for is 70. Just attacking him for 40 would be enough. I'm perfectly willing to attack him for 20 if both the other people at 100 energy attack him for 20. We only need 31 damage total, burning HP seems relatively pointless.

I mean, I might laser goggle him, but I don't really see much use in laser goggles with how horrible inefficient it is; even killing people with heavy defenses sucks, although I can bypass on hit damage I guess.

Anyway, again, I need a mod ruling on if I can taunt ice shield into being played or not.
  39. icewolf34

icewolf34 Well-Known Member

Sure, that seems reasonable to me. Btw modruled above that you can indeed taunt ice shield.

Alternately, Ithaldir, if we can work out some other way to make sure the sword breaks this round, I don't mind having you gain some energy through one round of attacks and not have to spend it all on defense. The Sword/Vamp thing is just really scary, other than that it'd be lame to have everyone dogpile Ithaldir and wind up giving Sotek 50 free energy or something.
  40. Seth

Seth Active Member

That seems really, really stupid and sloppy, when you consider that Ice Shield is technically not an activated ability but a passive (or condition triggered one). So does that also mean that Poisonous Membranes can be taunted ;p?

Anyway Milski, ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' friend of mine, let's form an alliance, eh?
  41. I see it as activated, nobody but the user has control over when it's used (unless you're taunted of course) whereas Poisonous Membranes rely on other Heroes. Of course you *could* taunt Membranes, but that's only possible when somebody hits you so it'd end up being "if somebody hits you then you have to give them the Poisonous Membranes damage, no exceptions!"
  42. Milskidasith

Here's the deal: You don't touch me or you get stunlocked.

Fair alliance?
  43. Seth

Seth Active Member

So long as you don't attack me...
  44. Milskidasith

Well obviously. I'd never actually attack you even if I was being aggressive; I'd let you kill yourself.
  45. Seth

Seth Active Member

You know, I never have considered myself a true PtWer, sometimes I do have a tendency to recklessly attack others out of spite.
  46. Nikkin

Nikkin New Member

Ha ha. Shortest alliance ever?
  47. I think they're still in an alliance? Just a passive-aggressive one where both parties are weary of the other and willing to turn when the time is right.

Sirlin would be so proud.
  48. koopatroop

koopatroop Well-Known Member

Wait then, I should have more energy?
  49. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

We should play Diplomacy next.

edit: My priority list for this turn:

1. Keep Ithaldir lifegain low (defend!). Note: Expect him to spend 8 or 9 attacking, rest defending, now that BV is gone.
    2. Destroy Glass Swords.
    3. Damage Sotek. Optimal: Kill Sotek.
  50. ChumpChange

so, uh, if left to our own devices are we all just going to defend and hope everyone else takes out the big guys?

actually, how about this: everyone spends exactly 4 energy on attacking Ithaldir this turn.

Is everyone cool with that? Glass Swords break, Ith survives (assuming he spends some of his EN to defend) and no one has to stretch themselves unduly.

Once everyone's agreed, we can figure out who's going on Sotek-duty.