Superhero Rumble Forum Game

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Chomper The Sharptooth, Feb 5, 2011.

1. ChumpChange

ChumpChange Well-Known Member Staff Member

(Koopa should obviously Cool Shades/Master Planning all his energy in Defense to get 54)

2. Milskidasith

Milskidasith Active Member

You have mimic, I think, the table is just screwed up to a good extent and I didn't bother fixing anybody but myself. Mimic doesn't really make you any bigger of a threat.

WAIT!

Koopa, you're dead after this turn anyway, right? You mind playing a mimic'd laser goggles? It doesn't even cost for you because of the way it works (you just spend 5, no burn) and it solves the ith problem for sure. Just to make sure, I'd ask that you also cool shades your moves for the turn so we can all actually work on dealing with real issues.

If you do that, I promise, and I think everybody but Sotek would as well, that we aren't going to kill you this round.

EDIT: Chump, Koop can only get up to 27 energy in defense this round; a fair amount, but not enough to survive even a single glass swords tap. To be quite honest, our best bet is still having him cheapomimic laser goggles so we don't have to worry about yomi layers or trusting people to not kill ith. Even if he puts 100% of his triple powered 9 energy into defense, Ith kills him on a one, so... yeah.

3. ChumpChange

Oh right, Master/Shades is "only" 3x without Expert Training.

I guess let's hear from koopa!

4. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Do I even gain energy from damage in the negatives? I assume I do, but if I don't there's not much of a point in me attacking Koopa. Just curious since I'm not even planning on attacking him anyway.

5. No because after 0 they're dead and don't take any more damage. I only had Koopatroop at -1 so people would know how much Energy he needed to make up to start the game not dead.

6. Icegoten

Icegoten Member

My hero who isn't even super

Attached Files:

7. Milskidasith

Chomper, just to be sure: If Koopa mimics laser goggles, he only spends (not burns) 5 in order to deal 10 damage, right?

8. No, Mimic's Energy cost is the cost to use activate it but he still has to burn 10 more to actually use it. Otherwise any activated Abilities would be cheaper to use with Mimic instead of bidding because it would cost as much as the highest bid for it and then only on turns the Mimicker wanted it to be used.

9. koopatroop

koopatroop Well-Known Member

first, goggles would still allow Ith to attack this round with +bonus.

second, I'll post my plan when mystery is revealed.

Can someone also repost how much energy I have and what I have won. I am thoroughly confused !

10. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Nothing can stop me from dishing out an outrageous amount of damage to someone this turn. It cost me a good 20 points but I'm starting to think I paid way too much. Anyway...

I think power distribution (sorted by Energy left) is like this:

Icegoten: 100 {}
    Icewolf34: 100 {}
    Milskidasith: 90 {Taunting(5), Laser Goggles(5)}
    Sotek: 74 {Souleater(26)}
    Prime Intellect: 65 {Sidekick(15), Regeneration(20)}
    Zejety: 62 {Poisonous Membranes(17), Icy Touch (21)}
    Chumpy: 46 {Scientific Genius(27), Expert Training(11), Black Vapors(5), Expert Training Powered Avatar(11)}
    Seth: 36 {Ice Shield(21), Hulking Muscles(32), Squid Ink(11)}
    Ithaldir: 30 {Vampiric Bite(30), Glass Swords(20), Boom Boxing(20)}
    Koopatroop: 9 {Cool Shades(21), Extra Arms(31), Master Planning(15), Mimic(24)}

Black Vapors was discarded. As for the Mistery Box (I assume that's what you meant by mistery,) here's what it turned out to be:

11. koopatroop

oh so I never had expert training. ok just waiting on mystery box.

12. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Uh.... mistery is Avatar. Chumpy got it.

Also, it seems your Mimic turned out to be useless. You only have enough energy to Mimic Taunt and there's only two abilities you can actually taunt but both are on the same player and neither is worth taunting in your situation anyway.

On the bright side, I'd drain 0 points from attacking you so you can at least consider yourself safe from the Glass Swords.

13. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Just reminding everyone that attacking me will proc Poisonous Membranes which will proc Icy Touch which will make you an attractive target for everyone next turn.

I don't want anyone to forget. ;)

[​IMG]

14. ChumpChange

hopy shit

15. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

Mother of god.

16. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

I'm also the only one who's not interested in hiding his potential :D
    Don't know if this will be enough to win though. But I suppose it will carry me through the early game.
    Remember: As long as you don't attack me, I'm no real threat at all.
    So... just don't ;-)

17. ChumpChange

So hey, does everyone agree to spend 4 energy attacking Ith?

Koopa, Ithaldir, I don't expect you guys to do this (but it would be nice).

18. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Ah, you want to force him to defend? Sounds pretty reasonable. But we must not forget about Sotek...

19. ChumpChange

Absolutely, and if anyone has a plan to take down Sotek's energy that would be great to hear.

A few of us are pretty much forced to defend this turn or else Ith sucks our blood, but I think we can all agree that Sotek needs to be hit?

As the main guys with energy, Milski, Icewolf, and Icegoten are going to be pretty key here.

20. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Duly noted.

21. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

So... do you guys want me to focus on attacking Sotek? That'd help a bunch with your Sotek problem, I'd figure.

I mean, I'd rather do that than get 4 points of attack from everyone. Just saying.

22. ChumpChange

Well, can you be trusted?

23. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

How about this, we pick attackers in such a way that if I don't put most of my points on attacking Sotek I'd be risking the chance of Sotek living through the next turn.

I obviously want Sotek dead as much as the next guy so this way I don't waste points on defense just to get smacked by everyone and still end up killed by Sotek for a mere 28 points even if I do put all in defense.

24. ChumpChange

How do you mean?

25. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Well, 3 other guys attacking him for 30 points would do the trick, I'd imagine.

26. Sotek

Sotek Super Moderator Staff Member

I have no interest in dying, obviously, but can assume I'll die anyway. I actually have no interest in hitting Ithaldir at all, since I *want* a monster out there to kill people after I die, let alone before that.

Remember, my goal, if I am guaranteed to die, is to make the game end quickly.

27. Sotek

For instance, I'm seriously considering an all-out attack on either Chumpy or Zejety to make their stall-powers not relevant to the game.

28. Seth

Seth Active Member

If we are still planning to attack Ith for 4, I can contribute.

But Sotek is scary too... And if Ith can help take him out...

29. qzujak49

qzujak49 Active Member

For future games, these are the listed powers that change win conditions:
    Judgement Day
    Summon Cthulhu
    The Cake

30. Milskidasith

You're definitely planning on spending 15 on icy touch every round?

31. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Yes. As long as doing otherwise does not guarantee a victory.

32. Sotek

Hmm. You guys aren't going to believe my threats despite me having attempted to establish cred in the past. VERY WELL THEN guess I'll just total defend.

33. Seth

Seth Active Member

When are our decisions due? Tonight? I don't remember if we started...

34. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Yeah. I think deadline is tonight.

We haven't planned much though. According to my notes we decided to let Ithaldir live because we think Glass Swords is a pretty cool guy, eh kills Setok and doesnt afraid of anything.

35. Yup tonight

36. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

I will not promise to attack anyone. Because I have to expect an all-out attack against me, I'll go with Defend/Icy Touch, or maaaaaaaaybe Defend only. That's my official statement at least.

37. icewolf34

icewolf34 Well-Known Member

Why would you expect an all-out attack on you? Immediate threats are Sotek and Ithaldir (until he loses Glass Swords).

38. koopatroop

How can we have a deadline? We don't even know the mystery item.

39. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

Lynch Milskidasith

40. qzujak49

qzujak49 Active Member

"Avatar: For every 2 points of Damage you take instead take 1 and raise the number at which you die by 1.

I'm ruling that this is in a round. If you take 3 damage and 3 again the next round you'll raise your limit by two and take 4 actual damage. Expert Training on this would be every 4 points of damage... so just under half (assuming your damage isn't divisible by 4, half if it is) of what you take won't touch you at all.
    o_0"

Check posts 210, 211, and 212. Ithaldir repeated the answer to your question before your post. Then you asked your question. Then he told you again.

41. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Sotek threatened an all-out attack against players with stalling powers. He withdrew it, but I expect the worst.

42. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

You should, it actually seemed like you were bluffing. Heck, for a second there I considered you as a secondary target just for that. I'm in no position to take that risk though.

43. koopatroop

So I need to use cool shades now right? So whatever I say should be done in main forum.

Option 1: my default option. Attack everyone for 27 damage.
    Option 2: defend for 27.

Option 1 has the advantage of ending the game sooner. I might decide to go with option 2 if enough people were committing to attack Sotek so that I could be sure he couldn't attack me to gain energy.

44. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

I'm pretty sure I don't like Option 1...

45. Milskidasith

Pretty sure that All Out Offense is kind of... annoying. We don't have much time to end the game, though.

46. koopatroop

So is having only 9 energy.

Not hearing enough commitments to attack Sotek. So I'll go all out offense (27 attack). That way I will die and don't need to name my character. (soon-to-be dead guy)

47. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Thus guaranteeing that you will be attacked for exactly 8.

48. I'm extending this until midnight Tuesday so everybody has at least one week with this round. A week probably is a better timeframe anyway, but anybody with no actions sent in will receive no more extensions. You will simply be a sitting duck and hoping nobody attacks you in your absence.

49. Round 0 Stats
    Icegoten: 100 {}
    Icewolf34: 100 {}
    Milskidasith: 90 {Taunting(5), Laser Goggles(5)}
    Sotek: 74 {Souleater(26)}
    Prime Intellect: 65 {Sidekick(15), Regeneration(20)}
    Zejety: 62 {Poisonous Membranes(17), Icy Touch (21)}
    Chumpy: 46 {Scientific Genius(27), Expert Training(11), Black Vapors(5), Expert Training Powered Avatar(11)}
    Seth: 36 {Ice Shield(21), Hulking Muscles(32), Squid Ink(11)}
    Ithaldir: 30 {Vampiric Bite(30), Glass Swords(20), Boom Boxing(20)}
    Koopatroop: 9 {Cool Shades(21), Extra Arms(31), Master Planning(15), Mimic(24)}

I'm going to assume Koopatroop's attack was directed at Sotek, he made it sound that way

Seth rips off his shirt to reveal his Hulking Muscles and gain 50 Energy

Sotek and Intellect's sidekick hit Zejety for 50 and 74 Energy's worth of attack respectively, and completely overpower him to kill Zejety on the first turn. Intellect's Sidekick takes 3 Poisonous Membrane damage and can only use half of his Energy next round.

Sotek on the other hand isn't anywhere near as lucky. His lack of defense does nothing to help him survive an onslaught of attacks at 70, 30, 15, 41 and 27 Energy from icewolf, Seth, Milskidasith, Ithaldir, and Sotek dies.

The group turns its attention to Ithaldir, flashing his glass swords. He defends for a mere 18, but fares much better than Sotek before him. Attacks at 4, 12 and 10 from Chumpy, Seth, and Milskidasith only dole out a total of 6 damage.

Before his glass swords shatter however he managed to attack and be warded off by Intellect, Icegoten, Chumpy and Milskidasith. Sotek and Icewolf both take damage however. Sotek's number of assailants and amount of overkill means that not all 41 damage will be absorbed by Ithaldir, only his share of 17. Icewolf received 13 points of damage. Combined Ithaldir absorbs 15

Icegoten keeps to himself, not expanding any Energy to attack. Seth and Koopatroop were never attacked.

Current Energy (From greatest to least)
    Icegoten: 100
    Milskidasith: 90
    Icewolf: 87
    Seth: 81 (Cannot activate Hulking Muscles)
    Prime Intellect: 65
    Prime Intellect's Sidekick: 47 (Paralyzed from Icy Touch)
    Chumpy: 46
    Ithaldir: 39 (No more Glass Swords)
    Koopatroop: 9

Sorry this took so long, today was (and still is) busy. Tell me if I made any mistakes, feel free to talk about Round 2. I'd like to make the deadline midnight Sunday but I can push it back if somebody asks. Koopatroop, if you use Cool Shades or Master Planning then your action needs to be posted at least a day before the deadline. You did it last time without me saying it, but I figured I'd be safe.

50. koopatroop

hmm I see how that was ambiguous now. But I didn't think it mattered because my attack is automatically directed at every player.