Tinyhunt game 1

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by garcia1000, Feb 18, 2011.

1. garcia1000

garcia1000 World Champion Staff Member

Tinyhunt is a game where witches, innocents, blah blah

Soup: Each Witch has a bowl of Soup that they may Drink on the Night of their choice. Only one Witch may drink Soup on any Night. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correct Match grants them an extra Kill that Night but an incorrect Match reveals them the next Day. A player may not be Matched to the same role twice.

A successful Match will only give the 'so and so died' message. A failed Match will give a message of the form 'Xanthippe attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the Zergling, but failed.'

Lump, Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is compulsory plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend (random tiebreak). Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game.

Guardian Angels: Dead players become Guardian Angels. Each Night, the Guardian Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect target player (random tiebreaks). "No Protect" is a valid vote. A successful Protection will prevent a Nightkill, and gives no indication that a player was targeted. Protection has no effect on other types of Kills.

They get the results of Priest checks at the end of the night. Guardian Angels cease Protection when there are four or fewer living players.

Explosion: At the start of Night, dead Witches may Explode to prevent any Protection that Night. They may not vote any further in Guardian Angel chat. Living players are not informed of Explosions.

Must-lynch: Lynch voting becomes plurality vote at 4 players or less (random tiebreak), and no-lynch is not allowed.

Witches
    Demon: You are informed of the Priest's Check target.
    Occultist: You are informed of the Guardian Angel's Protection target.
    Killer: You may Kill a target at the beginning of Night once per game. If you do so, you are revealed the next Day.

Innocents
    Priest: Each Night, Check target player.
    Acolyte: You know the identity of the Priest.
    Spiritualist: You are informed of the Guardian Angel's Protection target.
    Judge: If the Lynch vote is deadlocked or no-lynch, you may determine the Lynch target.
    Vigilante: You may Kill a target at Night if there were two consecutive mislynches. After a possible Vigilante Kill (whether used or not), the mislynch counter resets to zero.
    Eager Cadet: The Guardian Angels know your identity.
    Martyr: At Night, you may die to Save target player.
    Desperado: You may die to immediately determine the Lynch target.
    Dancer: Each Night, you may Dance. to inform all players the next Day that 'the Dancer Danced'.
    Pope: At the end of a Night when 4 or fewer players remain, Check all living players.

Night phase timing
    Track A:
    Killer Kill
    Soup and Soup Kill
    Nightkill
    Vigilante Kill (even if killed)
    Martyr save
    Check
    Demon info
    Dancer dance
    Pope omniscience
    GA info

Track B:
    Explosion
    GA Protection
    Spiritualist
    Occultist

Players
    1. Zejety
    2. Ehrgeix (not yet confirmed)
    3. AlexSierra
    4. Arkaal
    5. Golden119
    6. Prime Intellect
    7. aerinon
    8. Archon Shiva
    9. Claytus
    10. Romdeau
    11. bbobjs
    12. Ithaldir
    13. RoieTRS

Alternate 1. THIS COULD BE YOU!
    Alternate 2. THIS COULD BE YOU!

We're waiting for Ehrgeix to confirm before we start!
    Last minute addition: GAs get result of priest check at end of night.
  2. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

Lynch Milskidasith
  3. garcia1000

Everyone should have their role PMs by now! Please confirm in the quicktopic.
  4. Prime Intellect

Random.org says to Lynch Archon Shiva
  5. Prime Intellect

Disregard the above post until Ehrgeix confirms.
  6. Golden119

Golden119 Member

Vote Random.org for mayor
  7. Ehrgeix

Ehrgeix Well-Known Member

Oops - have not paid much attention to forum recently, but I am here now and have confirmed, so let's go!
  8. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

First thing's first: Panda vote.
    Any suggestions?
  9. garcia1000

Day 1

"Blah blah blah," some guy said.
    "Blah blah," another guy replied.
    An agenda was discovered.

AGENDA
    1. Elect a friend for Lump, Faithful Panda. (48-ish hours until deadline)
    2. Choose someone to Lynch. (72-ish hours until deadline)

A Tinyhunt has begun!

Alive: Zejety, Ehrgeix, AlexSierra, Arkaal, Golden119, Prime Intellect, aerinon, Archon Shiva, Claytus, Romdeau, bbobjs, Ithaldir, RoieTRS
    Dead: No one
  10. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Ok, I start.
    Vote to give Lump to myself.
    Numerous Witch Hunts have proven that Im show lots of scumminess when I'm scum.
    So even if I was scum you would notice early enough to lynch me before my 2nd vote matters.
  11. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

okay vote to give lump to Zejety
  12. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

On the issue of Lump:

I'd like some insurance that Lump goes to someone we can trust but unfortunately claims are strictly horrible. It's also strictly horrible for Lump to go to a Witch but since there are only three of them, I suppose it's not so bad if it leads to an early kill. That said I think it would be good if Priest checked the person who ultimately wins Lump.

I'm also throwing my hat into the running under the following claim, I'm one of these 3 roles; Eager Cadet, Dancer or Desperado. Admittedly it's not a fool proof spread by any means but I should be at least semi-confirmable at some point, even if Priest chooses not to check me or dies before revealing. Also for anyone else considering running, keep in mind owning Lump makes you a target and consider your role carefully.

I want Lump to be my (bbobjs') friend!

On the issue of who to lynch:

This is something I think we should wait until after Lump has befriended someone to decide. Claiming to avoid a lynch should be used sparingly but can definitely be done; I think we definitely need to limit the amount of un-souped living true claims to 1 at a time and thus only IMPORTANT roles should even bother. Remember if you're low power and Vigilante is still around, it's FAR better to die silently than reveal and give the witches a free kill on ANYONE.

Class specific stuff (feel free to discuss):

This is fairly obvious but Priest, Vigilante and Judge should probably default to using their abilities when ever possibly while the Martyr, Desperado and Dancer should default to doing nothing.

If Vigilante or Desperado procs, the best choice would be a strong read or an un-souped low power claim. Desperado should probably only proc if it wins the game or it seems impossibly to avoid being lynched.

I haven't really thought the Dancer out too much but aside from late game I don't see a good reason to Dance, it's more that the act of not Dancing refutes a Dancer fakeclaim... unless I'm missing something tricky with this role. It might actually be OK for Priest to claim with low info simply because one dead witch is fairly huge, especially if it happens to be a Killer that hasn't souped yet.

In standard fashion, we should probably allow the Judge to make the first kill, the logic has been expressed in previous games and there doesn't seem to be anything that would make it any different here.
  13. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

That seems like a better reason than Zejety.
    okay vote to give lump to bbobjs

I was wondering if someone was going to use the reason "I have a panda-fetish."
  14. Ehrgeix

I am moderately upset you gave away so much info in the quest for lump, but since you have and that post rings innocent to me (not sure why), vote lumpfriend bbobjs.

I still want you checked, though. :<
  15. Ehrgeix

Also yeah, priest should definitely reveal when they have checked 1 witch imo. Confirm a couple of guys innocent, burn martyr, remove 1 witch, we end up in a great endgame position.
  16. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Well, I'd be ok with bbobjs carrying around the Lump, but there's something bothering me (see last paragraph.) I'd also vote him for Priest (considering how awesome the accuracy of last game's checks would be here,) but I guess that's not an option.

Anyway, I agree with most of what he just said... except for two things:

I'm pretty sure I'd rather see the Dancer do her thing everynight, so we don't end up letting a Witch fake claiming Dancer live an extra day just because we thought it'd be a good idea to wait and see if the Witch can dance.

I don't agree with the "Vigilante or Desperado procs, the best choice would be a strong read or an un-souped low power claim" part either because... what are you talking about? How are we supposed to know who is "un-souped"? I don't think we (Town) get that info. Mod question: do we get to know the targets of soup guesses? So yeah... I'll vote to lynch bbobjs while I wait for the answer.
  17. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

I thought we have to give lump away before lynching people.
  18. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

I thought we can vote on both at this stage? I'm not comfortable giving the lump to anyone yet since the towniest post I've seen also happens to be the scummiest. :rolleyes:
  19. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

I don't think we should let judge pick D1 - we have seen unpredictable judging in the past, which means multiple people may need to claim defensively to avoid being lynched early. Remember that unlike WH5, we don't have nine dozen info roles.

Lump becomes dangerous in the late game, when scumfriend can deadlock the vote earlier than normal.

Also, townfriend becomes a very desirable nk target, so I advise against roles that don't want to be killed early going after it.

IMO, we should give it to someone who is expected not to survive past the midgame anyway. Milski isn't in this game, so who's next? Arkaal? Claytus??

Vote Claytus for panda fetichist.
  20. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

Oh boy, I love voting Claytus for stuff...

But I think I should wait till he says something.
  21. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

@Ithaldir: Sorry I suppose I should have been more clear, this is a problem I often have. Although I'm fairly sure we're never hard confirmed of who was Souped vs what, we will be able to infer if soup has happened. If some low power role has been claimed and soup hasn't happened or hasn't happened since they claimed, it's a fairly safe bet that they're either lying and a Witch or a liability and will be Souped later. Obviously they should still go after a read if they have one and Desperado should still consider not procing at all, but Vigilante is technically one of our only info roles and it's important that he proc when allowed; I think it's important to define 'safe' targets.

In other news, Ehrgeix has a fairly good track record of correctly guessing my alignment after 1 post. As for Priest revealing with just a single Witch, I think in general it's probably a good move if done immediately after checking that Witch but probably not as good if delayed (since Demon allows for mild damage control). It should also hinge greatly on what the Vigilante does and how they feel about their reads and the gamestate in general. Also Priest checks might be somewhat -EV towards the end game so consider that too.
  22. garcia1000

Yes, you will get a "Xanthippe attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the Moderator, but failed"
    Successful Soupkills will just state that so-and-so died. I've updated the rules with this info.
  23. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

This is part of the reason I feel the threat of Priest check on Lump holder is so strong. Lump is only useful to Witches late game and being checked by Priest N1 as scum all but ensures you're not making it there. That said the only person I support randomly giving Lump to, without them making a case for it first is Alex; I of course still feel Lump would do well in my hands.
  24. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Arkaal? I've only played two games so far, but in both he got to live 'til endgame. As for Claytus, I do agree that we should probably at least wait for him posts something (scummy, because lets face it, last game proved he's scummy even when he's Town) since when he does you might want to keep Lumpy away from him.

Maybe we could give the Lump to someone... and then lynch them. Problem solved! Unless you've got a better idea for keeping that NK magnet away from someone important while making sure a Witch wont get it.

Fair enough, I'll unvote since it seems like it's just a matter of disagreement. While I agree that soup not going off is a clear sign that someone is "un-souped" I'm still not sure it warrants a mislynch. Townies can fake claim too, you know? And in this version it's an ok thing to do. I'd rather see the killer roles go after their scummiest read. Of course, if that happens to b the claimed low power role, so be it.
  25. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

You can base a soupkill off a read on the moderator.

Soup is broken.

<abandons game>

So, we get the role match if it fails, but the kill target if it succeeds. We may learn that X, Y and Z were killed, then B was matched as C, which failed.
  26. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

I somehow missed this, sorry. I'm ok with giving bbobjs the Lump if he's getting Priest checked N1. And I think he should be checked anyway, so two birds with one stone.
  27. garcia1000

Yes. The intent is that a successful Soupkill looks identical to a Nightkill.
  28. aerinon

aerinon Active Member

Hello everyone! I'm excited about playing town this time around and being in the game from the beginning. I had something in here about "un-souped" but moderator has already clarified.

That said, I agree that we should wait on lynching people till after panda business is resolved. (Though if Sotek were in this game I'd totally vote to lynch him first, just because, ya know.) I guess if a townie gets panda, they become higher priority nk target just because of their extra lynch vote. If witches get panda, then they obviously won't nk the panda-friend. I'm all for flushing out a witch early. So only un-important town and stupid witches go for the panda. Not for me then. I think I'd vote for Zejety, but maybe not until I hear a reason for why he should get the panda. I think bbobjs is bit aggressive with his reasons. You're already claiming one of three roles? Sheesh, isn't it a bit early for that?

bbobjs: why would you vote for Alex? No offense Alex, but while you've typically been lost townie that doesn't get you a free pass this time. At least this time I know you aren't survivalist.

I tend to agree with Ithaldir that I don't like the logic of dancer and kill roles what to default to. While dancing can be -EV to town (since witches know dancer is alive), I like Ithaldir's argument that dancing every night give witches less wiggle room when under pressure.

That's enough for now. Reserving judgement on panda for a little while.
  29. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

These two statements are slightly weird together. Like lynching the person who's holding Lump and have very likely been checked to gain 0 info seems allot more -EV than lynching someone who's very likely lying to gain some info. Yea Town can fake claim too but it's rarely proved helpful in previous games, definitely allot less helpful than it's been for Witches anyway; there's also nothing saying a power Town has to fakeclaim a low power role or make a fakeclaim at all.

I believe Vigilante info is going to be extremely important in this game because it's the only info we can get without being Souped for it. If someone is claiming a lower power role, they should understand there's risk associated with it.
  30. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Basically I feel Alex is easy to read and if worst comes to worst drunk Alex is extremely fun to read. Also from when I was Lich in Garciahunt 1, Alex is VERY good at taunting you into wanting to kill him while still appearing to be a horrible target. Basically I expect Lump would stick around longer than expected if left with Alex and leave Witches in a constant state of blinding rage. Alex is secretly a very helpful Town player, mainly because everyone thinks he'd be a horrible Witch.
  31. aerinon

aerinon Active Member

I'd not sure you could tell anyway, but meh. Sounds good enough. You've played more with him.

Thought someone should start the tally keeping:

32. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

Sorry, as I mentioned in my previous post, I missed the "checking Lump holder" idea. Obviously lynching the lump holder in that situation is a bad idea unless it turns out to be a Witch. And no Witch would be that stupid. Anyway, back there I was talking about giving the Lump to someone and the kill them right away, no check, no nothing. But I do think giving a Check (instead of a lynch) along with the Lump is a great idea, thus I support giving it to you.

Where were you last game? You know, when Sukaeto the Spiritualist made the Silencer whiff his first Silence by convincing the coven that he was Medium? Or during garciahunt1, when Noria pretty much pushed the Coven to believe they could pull a fake Priest claim (and ended up getting the whole Coven exposed instead)? And the main reason for a powerful role to fake claim a low power role is twofold: avoiding an early NK (why would Witches want to kill Desperado before a potential Pope, for example?) and making the soup fail. So, town fake claiming: Risky? Yes. Unproductive? It really depends on the circumstances, but it can certainly help some times.

I agree, Vigilante info is important.
  33. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

I thought the coven knew Noria was lying in Garciahunt 1 because they killed Zejety (the acolyte) while (You) the Necromancer was alive. Sukaeto didn't fakeclaim, he fakehinted and ultimately it didn't matter anyway so...
  34. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Oh to be fair, I suppose fakeclaiming has perhaps proved more useful than true claiming (exception Priest).
  35. Golden119

Golden119 Member

Panda, ugh, it seems like such a poisoned chalice, I mean I feel that I can't even talk about it without being -town. Is there any merit to letting the randomizer decide (and Priest checking panda-lover N1 (or not))?

Are you saying here that Vig should terminate a low power role claimer (over Sleb) rather than not use his power, if no other option is available?
  36. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Hey! I've lived to endgame in 3/6 games so far. :p

I'm fairly ambivalent about getting Lump. Like, I'd rather give it to me than McSleb, but I'm pretty okay with bbobjs at the moment, especially with the priestcheck idea.

Vote bbobjs for panda fetishist
  37. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Why do you think that discussing this is -town?
  38. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Well it depends on the night he procs but:

N2: Confirmed Witch>Strong Read>Low Power Claim>Sleb>>No Kill>>Confirmed Town
    N3: Confirmed Witch>Strong Read>Low Power Claim>Sleb>>>Confirmed Town>>No Kill

After that I haven't thought about it too much. I also haven't thought about where to place 'High Power Claim' because there are allot more factors involved. Beyond that, if the Vigilante has no reads or claims to go off of on N3, I'm completely willing to be Killed for this info. This is something I completely support regardless of if I have Lump or not, so if your priority is burning lump, I'm willing to offer myself as a potential means to do so.

Basically the thought here is Sleb is much more likely to be Town than a claim that's not getting Souped, beyond that a claim that's not getting Souped is allot more likely to be Souped in the future than Sleb.
  39. Golden119

Golden119 Member

I think we should discuss Panda strategy by all means. I think actual voting/campaigning was a bit premature and is an info-leak.
  40. Golden119

Golden119 Member

Yeah, the underlined bit, I was just checking this is what you were saying. This is pretty heroic, gawd bless you sir.
  41. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Um. That's actually the whole point. The info presented by during the panda election is a basis for us to begin lynch votes, rather than relying on random selection. Info is good for town too.
  42. Prime Intellect

Prime for mayor etc etc. Because we all know how well that turned out last game.

Lumpify Prime Intellect
  43. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Oh, also vote tally.
    ------------------------
    Who Posted
    Arkaal's Vote Tally (13 Alive, 7 is majority)

Panda Votes:
    bbobjs: 5 (AlexSierra, Arkaal, bbobjs, Ehrgeix, Ithaldir )
    Claytus: 1 (Archon Shiva)
    Zejety: 1 (Zejety)

Abstaining: 6 (aerinon, Claytus, Golden119, Prime Intellect, RoieTRS, Romdeau )
    ------------------------
  44. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

I think I would be very good with the panda.
    I'm willing to run for it.
  45. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

Awwww.... I never win against him. :(
  46. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

My bad, I tend to consider fake hinting and fake claimning the same thing. As for Noria, he was one of the many reasons for the horribad fake Priest plan to be put in motion in the first place. In other words, the fact that the fake Acolyte was in fact Town yet couldn't tell our Priest was fake was one of the stupid ideas that made the whole plan seem reasonable.

I think it's pretty crazy.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd vote you over him in this case.
  47. Claytus

Claytus Well-Known Member

I want to see an unofficial tally on this:

Who agrees with bbobjs that Eager Cadet, Dancer or Desperado will make the best Lump?
  48. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

Lump is the name of the Panda, we can't elect a Lump, just his friend.
  49. Romdeau

Romdeau Member

Golden, what "strategies" are there to talk about regarding this Lump business? Prime, electing you mayor in the previous witch hunt wasn't actually that beneficial for town considering there were no lovers. Anyhow, why should I pick you for lump lover over McSleb and bbobjs?
  50. Prime Intellect

That was sarcasm >_<
    Anyways, I, again, think I'd be the best choice for this.
    As was stated earlier, what sane witch would want to get lumpified if that guarantees that they'll be checked n1?