Tinyhunt game 1

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by garcia1000, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Btw bbobjs, you should think twice about holding back information.
    If you are town, you are a big threat to witches and the Martyr is gone. If you have been priest checked you are an even more attractive target for the witches.

I hope you have a good reason when you say that you want to wait until tomorrow.
    If it weren't so probable that the priest checked you, I'd start a lynch vote. But I suppose if you checked evil he will speak eventually.

tldr; if you have something important to say, say it today.

2. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Honestly I think Demon is the weakest witch in this version. Like Priest revealing after a single correct check is a fairly good move so Demon doesn't even really get a chance for damage control.

3. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's still better than lynching a townie.

4. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

If I die tonight then I'm wrong anyway and it won't matter. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing... probably.

5. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely, I never said it wasn't. It's just while normally Witch>>>>Town, it's probably more like Demon>Town.

6. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

God, you've made me curious. I hope you survive.

7. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

Okay let's pressure us, then.

Prime Intellect

Why the Golden train this morning, seriously?

How do you feel about me?

How does my play feel compared to WH5?

If Golden was confirmed town, who would you want to lynch next?

If Golden was confirmed scum and dead, who would you want to lynch next?

Golden

How do you feel about Prime Intellect?

8. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

L-2 is the new L-1.

No, thanks. I'm not quite happy with the last lynch. I actually had a read on the guy and would have wanted to keep him alive a little longer so I could confirm it.

Still better than lynching the Martyr though, so it was not that bad.

This. He was pretty much a soup ingredient (or a lynch target today) any other way.

That it? I think you're seriously underestimating Demon. Not saying how, since I don't think this is a good time to coach Witches.

Also, PI at deadline. It is D2, isn't it? I'd like to see answers to Arkaal's questions. (I'm too busy and uncreative to come up with my own right now.)

9. RoieTRS

RoieTRS Active Member

I wat at judge lynch. Aerinon was kinda scummy but not as much as PI or golden or romdeau.

I think PI and bbobjs are the scummiest of all though. Maybe golden. I want to put pressure on bbobjs because I want to make sure he's town so deadline bbobjs

Archon Shiva
    How do you feel about Golden?
    How do you feel about Prime Intellect?

Zejesty
    How do you feel about Claytus?
    Would your play have been different if you had Lump as your friend?

10. Golden119

Golden119 Member

Same as I felt D1. He is acting consistent with Chocohunt town (cupid) and previous reputation, which is basically uber-confidence in his own reads. But he voted to lynch me as Mad Scientist in Chocohunt, so perhaps my newbieness has broken his radar. Also, the same time he started on me he also started on our favourite townie ARKAAL (post 105). So, like, where are your awesome reads now? Also also, a lynch train is following him, mostly containing people I think are town. I don't understand it. So I am frustrated with Prime Intellect, but not enough to lynch him yet, although if it happened I doubt it would ruin us. I suspect he wouldn't be so brazen as a power role.

Yes, isn't it obvious? Why the rush to execute me? Prime, Alex, Bbobjs ... not even deadline votes ... please explain.

(again, 3 guys who are not not exactly high on my scum list ... seriously wtf)

Also, I just wanted to point out this, and it's not an accusation - it's just relevant to something that may be breaking your scumdars.

Yes, it was perfectly clear, but you still felt obliged to say it whether it was necessary or not. This is why I say "ignore if -town" a lot.

11. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

In my case it was more that I pictured someone actually assuming I was fishing for judge's reaction somehow and then accusing me of witchcraft.

But yeah, I guess saying "ignore if -town" could derived from be a similar reflex. It also requires a way less letters.

12. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Yeah sorry, I was rather busy last night, and didn't have time to go through the thread like I wanted to. I'll be busy this weekend as well, so I'm going to prepare a number of facepunch-pressure-posts ahead of time to compensate for that.

For the moment, I want to hear Claytustalk. I'll facepunch in a little bit.

13. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

This post misses the whole point of bbobjs' softclaim, and I'm pretty sure Claytus is smarter than that.

Even after the long discussion between Archon and Clay, he still didn't answer the fundamental issue Archon raised - he simply wasn't reading what Archon was saying.

This is just dumb - Claytus isn't stupid. He knows he won't get bbobjs lynched just for supporting Judgelynch. This is doubt-casting.

All of this is very non-committal, wishy-washy "Look at me contribute" stuff that witches hide with.

---

So, Claytus:

Who are your top three witch candidates right now?

14. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

Also:
    ------------------------
    Arkaal's Vote Tally (12 Votes, 7 is majority)

Lynch Votes:
    Claytus: 1 (Arkaal)
    Golden119: 3 (AlexSierra, Archon Shiva, Prime Intellect)
    Prime Intellect: 1 (Ithaldir)

Abstaining: 6 (bbobjs, Claytus, Ehrgeix, Golden119, RoieTRS, Zejety)
    ------------------------

15. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

My opinion is that you are likely to be a witch due to your claim.

Also I'm following the awesome players around. bbobjs is awesome and PI is awesome, and if bbobjs and PI are eager to kill you, I'm all for it. ;)
    Never contradict the man with the big panda sex-slave.

16. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

No, there's more to it, would you like me to go on? Basically D1 dead Demon alters the role into a Silencer that gets to proc silently on an unknown day in the future.

17. Prime Intellect

Prime Intellect Well-Known Member

My reputation isn't uber-confidence in my own reads, it's that I tend to have a nose for scum. You'll also notice that I was on Ehrgeix's and Chumpy's asses from day one. I also didn't pursue Arkaal very much (and I stopped going after you after a while. Remember that kill list that I posted? It was entirely full of witches. I added you and Arkaal to it because I was trying to find the last ones, and I wanted to gauge reactions. Also, last game hardly applies to this game, so don't try to use that as a defense.

And finally, there is no way to determine what power role I am based on how I play. I /always/ play like this when I'm town. I appear to tunnel on one person on day one, watch reactions, and go from there. Oftentimes I'm spot on with my gut feeling on day one.

Archon: just following up on yesterday. Did you expect me to just forget my actions yesterday and go off on a different tangent?

I'd rather not say at the moment; perhaps later.

Same.

I want to pressure Zejety.

Same.

Lynch Zejety

Zejety, what are your thoughts on my actions yesterday?

18. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

I think this is a good move actually. Like although I think the fact that I'm not Lynched yet is fairly telling, I'm also not exactly sure how the Priest would silently go about ensuring it happens. This vote helps to create an avenue to assist in that goal. Honestly I think we should get one more person and ONLY one person on this train as a place holder; if you're not planning to use your vote at the moment, this is a good place to sit. The place holder also needs to be a non-Acolyte player

The idea here is that it affords the Priest more room to influence the train. He can either jump on as the place holder or afterwards and either way the train is guaranteed to reach 3.

Any volunteers?

19. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

I volunteer... to join PI in lynching Zejetys.

20. bbobjs

bbobjs Well-Known Member

That's why I love you Alex :eek:

21. Archon Shiva

I've started looking at Golden with "he's a witch trying to cover up" goggles. I have no good reason to wear these in the first place. However, his play fits the part very well so far.

Prime Intellect gives me scum reads by default, much like Claytus. Both are giving me scum reads this game. Claytus' are stronger. I have no idea what this means.

I am playing under the assumption that Golden is a witch and Prime Intellect is a shady character that needs to be watched.

Not all votes have the same meaning. Am I to understand PI sense says Golden is a keeper for the scumlist, or simply that you werent't done tunneling yet?

Sure, pressure him. Zejety at deadline.

I was writing a bit about how Zejety has been flying under my radar and joining the train to get something out of him, and I noticed Claytus has an extremely low post count for someone I've noticed so much. Arkaal's facepunch mirrors my own reads, and it seems that's basically all he's ever posted. I'm staying on Zej now because I don't want anyone staying too quiet, but I'm ready to hop on the Clay train at any time.

No, Zejety, not if you start it.

22. Arkaal

Arkaal Member

I support this train. He's on my list too, after Claytus.

23. Ehrgeix

Ehrgeix Well-Known Member

Do you still think this is a good idea?

-

Also, lynch claytus

24. icewolf34

icewolf34 Well-Known Member

hi everybody,

may i observe, pls

25. Golden119

Golden119 Member

Just popping in to say - I need to step away from this game for a bit.

I guess you don't need me while you question other people, and I don't want to skew things by voting. Let me know if and how you want me to judge/leeroy/dance. If you decide that we don't need any of these roles to win and can spare a lynch, by all means do me in. I can understand that and it won't feel like dying pointlessly.

Fake edit, hi icewolf, have fun observing.

26. Claytus

Claytus Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't really have any. My reads are all crazy weak this game. I think my chances of aggroing on weak town are higher than my chances of aggroing a witch right now.

There seems to be profit in doing this, though:
    lynch Zejety

27. Claytus

Also, wow, now that I'm caught up... Golden's last post makes me want to lynch him waaaay more than I did before.

28. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. I'll start by answering actual questions directed at me:

1) Claytus reads scum to me. I don't have a lot to add to Arkaal's post though. Maybe this is at least something:
    Compare
    to
    Inconsistency much?

2) I suppose at this point http://forums.sirlin.net/showthread.php?p=135385#post135385 I might have started to (re-)start a PI train. One measely vote didn't strike me as powerful enough that close to the deadline.

As stated above you read scum to me. Some example posts:
    Reads like a setup for "Elect me and then don't check me! My candidacy proofs my innocence (btw, Priest, I hope you checked bbobjs!)."

Then there are these:
    This series of votes actually makes sense in an Arkaal+PI coven. PI votes for Arkaal but gives no actual reason to persue others to follow him. Then he switches his focus towards Golden for no obvious reason. His pursuit of Golden seems almost obsessively given that he "wants to lynch him for some odd reason".

I have problems to understand why all of you would join a lynch train he started. Looking at the latest comments I'm not the only one who's suspecting him.
    I hope you will consider who you are following and don't force an un-needed claim/reveal.

29. Prime Intellect

Slight problem with your Arkaal + me coven theory.

30. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Oops. To excuse myself. It's almost 3 AM around here. You're still making a lot of baseless lynch votes though.
    Well at least you can be sure to have read my honest reads on Arkaal for d1 ;-)

31. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

TBH I just clicked the "Who posted?" link and read through Arkaal's and your posts again before writing my post. Totally missed/forgot Arkaal near-death experience (last time I've read through the thread (start of day) was a few minutes before an exam).

Sorry

32. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

Oh god, I'm tired. I've also just realized that I was mixing up Arkaal and Claytus when I wrote the 2nd half of my post. I wasn't reading Arkaal als coven after all.

Sorry for all this confusion.

Basically with all this stuff corrected my point still stands. Just scrap that part about an PI+Arkaal coven.

I'm off to bed.

33. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

post #331 also should refer to Claytus instead of Arkaal -_-

34. Archon Shiva

You and me both, mate.

That said, Unvote. He talked a good deal, and while I may read many unflattering things in it, coven is not of of them.

Claytus still looks like the best place to park my deadline vote.

Welcome Icewolf. Hope you have fun.

35. Prime Intellect

Agreed. Nothing stands out to me; seems like a genuine mistake, which implies that he's town.

Lynch AlexSierra

36. Claytus

Can we get a tally up-ins?

unvote.

Also, most of you guys seem super-confused about what's scummy and what isn't. Witches most want town to think good things about them. Power roles want to slide under everything. Remaining roles don't care, but occasionally do one of the above two in under to trick the other faction. Do you honestly think if I was a witch, I would be so openly half-assed about my playstyle?

37. Archon Shiva

Okay, let's say I try other targets:

RoieTRS, post please give me your reactions Claytus' post, as well as Zejety's mistake and, say, Golden's behaviour and D2 rain.

Ehrgeix: Please get a bit more involved. You can take Roie's questions after he does, or ask some of your own.

AlexSierra: I just noticed you were in the bottom three living posters. How is that even possible?

Still think Claytus is scum, though.

38. RoieTRS

RoieTRS Active Member

I think it is a huge role read.
    I thought zejesty's mistake was just a mistake, but now that you bring it up, I would not disbelieve in a PI/golden world. I'm still skeptical on both of them though.

My vote on bbobjs isn't getting anywhere so deadling PI

39. RoieTRS

RoieTRS Active Member

pretend I spelled "deadline" correctly.

40. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

Too much work.
    But, now PI goes and vote for me... I can't vote for myself, so I will wait.
    unvote

41. Archon Shiva

Are you claiming external commitments, or that posting is too much work for you?

42. Ithaldir

Ithaldir Member

I know I'm not supposed to answer other people's questions, but I think that one's kinda obvious.

Anyway, lynch PI harder. Pressuring Alex? Seriously? While I agree that seeing him at the bottom of the list is alarmingly weird, I don't think there's much to be gained from pressuring him at this point.

43. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

I join. Lynch Prime Intellect.

44. Zejety

Zejety Well-Known Member

At deadline.

45. Archon Shiva

Okay let's get this one over with. PI at deadline.

46. Prime Intellect

Well, here comes the pressure, right on schedule.
    What do you wish to know? I will do my best to answer fully.

47. Ehrgeix

Ehrgeix Well-Known Member

I am still quite busy. I will be much more unbusy from monday/tuesday (I did post about this a few days ago, archon - sorry for the lack of activity though).

In the meantime:

Alexsierra's response there came over as really uncharacteristic to me. I definitely feel much more suspicious of him (previously: like 2/13 suspicion). PI is an enigma to me. Claytus is the person I could most see as a witch at this point.

re: taking roie's questions after he has:

Zejety's post came over as a mistake to me, and also the kind of mistake that only an innocent would make (a witch forgetting who they NK'd?). With that said, I'm pretty sure he's a smart enough guy to know this, and it could be some ultra level witchmindgame. For now I'm quite unsuspicious of him, though (before I was a little suspicious).

Claytus's post is not strong enough to change my opinion on him. It might be innocentclaytus defending himself, and it might be witchclaytus defending himself.

Golden's behaviour is ???. More details please (to Golden, that is).

I also see PI posted while I was writing this, and I just spent like 5 minutes trying to think of an interesting question to ask but everything is too goddamn pro witch (basically I wanted to ask about was what his main objectives would be as a witch, and whether he would try to escape pressure in different ways as a witch or town, but... (PI: if you can figure out how to talk about any of that kind of thing without being pro-witch, please do (but be very careful, of course))), and now I have to go. :<

48. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

I don't wanna know anything, and I think you're town so I'm not voting you. :)
    Also I think you're good at finding witches that's why I'm following you, because I'm clueless. :(

49. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

EBWOP: That last post was to PI.

50. AlexSierra

AlexSierra New Member

Now that it's saturday I have way more time to post.

So, ask me anything... about grass.