Yomi Tournament

Discussion in 'Yomi: Fighting Card Game' started by CrystalChaos, Jun 12, 2012.

1. CrystalChaos

CrystalChaos Moderator Staff Member

As usual, I will be running a Yomi tournament this weekend (WorldTimeBuddy).

Rules:

The tournament format will be best of 3 Swiss if enough players join. If not, it will probably be double elimination. In Swiss, all players are put into a pool and matched up with an opponent. After all the matches in each tournament round are completed, results are recorded. For the next tournament round (and for all following rounds), players with similar win-loss records will be matched (1-0's play 1-0's and 0-1's play 0-1's). The number of rounds of Swiss will depend on the number of players.

After the Swiss rounds are completed, the players with the best records will be put into a single elimination bracket. The cut will be to either 4 or 8 players, depending on how many players join.

Other general rules are double blind initial character selection, medium timers, hands not visible to spectators, and the loser of each round may change characters (counterpick). I will randomize the seeds 7 times, and I will then make myself the last seed (if I play).

Replay the round the first time double KO occurs in a match. The second time both players get a win. This continues until one player has a 1 round lead with at least 2 round wins.

Tournament chat will be in the Main tab and I will make a thread to post results. The results format should be Round Number: WinningPlayer (Character1 WL Character2 W) 2-1 LosingPlayer (Character3).

To sign up either post here or pm me on the server (/pm CrystalChaos message). Signups will be from now until 7 minutes before the tournament.

I may also ask for confirmation in the Main chat tab before the tournament starts.

Entrants:
    1. Bob199
    2. deluks917
    3. dzebra
    4. enomus
    23.-572.
  2. Bob199

Bob199 Well-Known Member

Hopefully not facing Scarbo's dog again
  3. deluks917

deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

In since I have not played setsuki in a while!
  4. dzebra

dzebra Active Member

I think I might can actually make this one. Sign me up.
  5. CrystalChaos

6. deluks917

deluks917 Yomi League 1 Champion

Congrats BOB.

Can he win it?

YES HE CAN!
  7. CrystalChaos

Congratulations to Bob199!

Thanks to all who played as well!
  8. E35711

E35711 New Member

shit i forgot about this
  9. Ryker

Ryker Active Member

I should start being able to make this again with some more consistency. Look out world.